Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest on Lito

Systemlangstaff is offline Registered User

Exclamation Latest on Lito

The Philadelphia Inquirer - The Eagles are asking for a first-round draft pick in exchange for elite cornerback Lito Sheppard, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

A league source revealed to the Inquirer that Philadelphia has asked at least one team for a first-rounder for Sheppard, who became expendable when they signed Asante Samuel earlier this offseason.

Andy Reid has dodged all questions about the trade talks.

"Lito's on our team," Reid said. "He's on our football team."

Well Boys quite a high price....Simple words it's not going to happen, The most i would give up for this guy is maybe a 3rd round pick and a below average player..maybe average. I would love to have him as a ram no doubt, but between injury and the high cash desire is just a problem. It doesn't look like it's going to happen...it just doesn't. The plus side is we could go for someone like Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, or Reggie Smith would both be great late pick-ups in the draft....your thoughts men?

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Latest on Lito

I would give them our second if the gave us their 3rd and Sheppard. Our second is almost a first round pick, considering the Pats gave up theirs.
    Last edited by Rambos; -04-06-2008 at 04:31 PM.

stlramman is offline Registered User

I think the Rams need to keep all of the early round draft picks they have and build this team through the draft. Shep wants too much $$ and would be a injury concern.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by stlramman View Post
    I think the Rams need to keep all of the early round draft picks they have and build this team through the draft. Shep wants too much $$ and would be a injury concern.
    I'll second that. I say we keep ALL the picks and take our chances in the draft. Lito's good, but is he THAT good? Prolly not.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

No way. Not for anything close to a first round pick.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Reid
    "Lito's on our team," Reid said. "He's on our football team."
    Wow, thank you Captain Obvious.

They're bluffing.

:l

-jake-

itsguud is offline Registered User

I would give up a 2nd rounder in a heartbeat for this guy... he's not that old, and he is deadly when he plays... look at his stats per game (don't include the injuries) and this guy is top 5 in the league... Of course the injuries are a problem, but truly you don't know what you are getting in the second round anyway, (Klop, Leonard, decent but not amazing). I would definitly give up a second, (UNKOWN) player for Lito, who we know can play at an extremely high level!

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    I would give up a 2nd rounder in a heartbeat for this guy... he's not that old, and he is deadly when he plays... look at his stats per game (don't include the injuries) and this guy is top 5 in the league... Of course the injuries are a problem, but truly you don't know what you are getting in the second round anyway, (Klop, Leonard, decent but not amazing). I would definitly give up a second, (UNKOWN) player for Lito, who we know can play at an extremely high level!
    so youd be willing to give up the #33 pick overall for a injury prone player, THEN have to pay him probably 20 million in garuntees to keep him?
    Built RAM tough

shower beers is offline Registered User

Agreed with everyone so far. I think that team they offered him to(Cowboys?) has to have a late first-round pick to be considering this deal. We cant give up the same price.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

The Philadelphia Inquirer - The Eagles are asking for a first-round draft pick in exchange for elite cornerback Lito Sheppard, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.
    Anyone else get a kick out of the write-up making it a point to praise Sheppard so that the Eagles' demands won't look quite as outrageous?

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Anyone else get a kick out of the write-up making it a point to praise Sheppard so that the Eagles' demands won't look quite as outrageous?
    Subtle words can work wonders, eh?

Dallas will end up signing Pac-Man. Give up our 3rd this year, a conditional third/fourth next year, and I think we can nab Lito.

:l

-jake-

chiguy is offline Registered User

Bottom line...if Lito was that good and would be on the field, Asaunte Samuels wouldn't be an Eagle. They obviously think they cannot rely on the guy's health or performance one way or another.

the chosen1 is offline Registered User

The Trenton Times - Philadelphia cornerback Lito Sheppard remains in limbo as the team looks to deal him before this month's NFL Draft, according to the Trenton Times.

The Eagles claim to have received significant offers for Sheppard, but are looking to acquire a first-round pick for the Pro Bowlers services.

It is possible that Philadelphia will package the corner with their first round selection (19th) to move up into the top ten.

Well they want to move into the top 10, which I know for a fact we will not do.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Correct me if I am wrong, but LIto has been whining about his contract with the iggles for a while. He wants big bucks. I think he has but one year left on his existing contract. Clearly if we were to acquire him it would be an upgrade, but at what price? With S. Jackson's contract expiring in a year, then we'd have both guys to re-sign. I can't see trading a high third or 4th for a guy we might have for only a year. We don't know yet what we have in Wade, and Bartell has improved each year. There has to be someone available say between round 3 and 6 with enough talent to be groomed into a starting role - we just have to find him. That's why we hired Billy D. I say let Billy earn his paycheck. Also as camp winds down and rosters around the league are thinned we could find good value there without giving up a draft pick. We need to reload with fresh young talent, and given where we select in each round this year, we have a great opportunity -- hopefully we'll cash in on it!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Definately not worth it. I wouldn't even think about signing him to a contract. Just stick to what we have and improve what we already have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -04-05-2008, 07:15 PM