Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Latest WalterFootball mock draft

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Latest WalterFootball mock draft

I'm a fan of the WalterFootball site for mocks and draft news. Not as big a fan as I am of Nick, but I digress.

Point being, his most recent draft has the Rams getting:

1(16) - Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
    1(22) - Cordarelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
    2 - Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
    3 - David Amerson, S/CB, NC State
    4 - Zavier Gooden, OLB, Mizzou

You can check out the whole thing, if you like, on their site. But I must say, I'd party like I was getting paid to, if the 1st four rounds turned out like that.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Latest WalterFootball mock draft

MAN! I'd frickin LOVE a draft like this. BUTTTT....

I looked at his draft and seen some other guys available, and thought I'd rather have this:

1.16 - Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia : WAYYYY too good to pass up. The #1 prospect in this draft. Plus he was cleared to go medically so there is no knocks on him anymore in my book.
    1.22 - Cordarelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
    2 - Eifert
    3 - Amerson
    4 - Gooden

I wouldn't be able to take Warmack over Jarvis. But mind you, I see a 0% chance Jarvis drops to us, so I'd be ecstatic with the #2 prospect in this draft (Warmack).

THE DREAM TEAM

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I don't view Jones as the top prospect in this class, so I have no qualms taking Warmack there over him. This would be a fantastic four rounds for the Rams. Patterson @ 22 would be great. You could make the case here that the Rams are leaving Round One in this mock having chose two Top 12 prospects. Very nice!

Rambos is online now Registered User

I would take that draft for sure. Looking at the board on WalterFootball site, I would draft Da'Rick Rogers in the third.

I would also sign one of the FA safeties. Louis Delmas comes mind he's a bit of an injury risk but that could make him available and at the right price.

1(16) - Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
    1(22) - Cordarelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
    2 - Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
    3 - Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
    4 - Zavier Gooden, OLB, Mizzou

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I would take that draft for sure. Looking at the board on WalterFootball site, I would draft Da'Rick Rogers in the third.
    After already spending a first and second round pick on a receiver and tight end respectively? Seems like overkill, especially for someone who has previously expressed a lot of faith in Chris Givens as an offensive starter moving forward.
    sosa39rams likes this.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User
    I love Rambos idea. Might seem like overkill, but we need playmakers and talent. Let the wr's battle it out. With this scenario we could a wr corp like the packers have had. Im down for it. i doubt it will happen but if it did i wouldnt complain, and i doubt Bradford would either.
    Rambos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    After already spending a first and second round pick on a receiver and tight end respectively? Seems like overkill, especially for someone who has previously expressed a lot of faith in Chris Givens as an offensive starter moving forward.
    I think if you look at my post I have always said we should draft a WR if we got Jennings in FA.

Givens is going to be great player for the Rams IMO, but Pettis will not. That leaves us with two
    young receivers in Givens and Quick. I like the Young signing but still too many ifs to count on him.

Also I don't have Amendola or Gibson coming back with this mock.

Da'Rick Rogers
    Cordarelle Patterson
    Quick
    Givens
    Pettis
    Young

Eifert
    Kendricks

Our offense was what 30th in the NFL last year? Our receivers could not get separation. I think we need to add a ton of talent to the offense and develop that. If we can't afford to buy a big time WR we need to develop one.

Overkill? Guys get hurt during the season... rookies take time to develop. We need to get better on the offense if we are going to become a legit playoff team.

Givens
    Quick
    Pettis
    Young

That's a good base but lets get a group of young guys and let the cream rise to the top.
    Last edited by Rambos; -02-14-2013 at 02:21 PM.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I think if you look at my post I have always said we should draft a WR if we got Jennings in FA.

Givens is going to be great player for the Rams IMO, but Pettis will not. That leaves us with two
    young receivers in Givens and Quick. I like the Young signing but still too many ifs to count on him.

Also I don't have Amendola or Gibson coming back with this mock.

Da'Rick Rogers
    Cordarelle Patterson
    Quick
    Givens
    Pettis
    Young

Eifert
    Kendricks

Our offense was what 30th in the NFL last year? Our receivers could not get separation. I think we need to add a ton of talent to the offense and develop that. If we can't afford to buy a big time WR we need to develop one.

Overkill? Guys get hurt during the season... rookies take time to develop. We need to get better on the offense if we are going to become a legit playoff team.

Givens
    Quick
    Pettis
    Young

That's a good base but lets get a group of young guys and let the cream rise to the top.
    If rookies take time to develop (which they do) why would you draft 2 WR's in the same year, right after we drafted 2 WR's last year, and 2 WR's the year before...

Our oldest WR would be Titus Young who has 3 years experience.

I agree with Nick, Rogers is overkill. Maybe instead of Amerson I'd take a S like Swearinger, but not another WR. In your case we don't even really have a bonafide slot guy. Givens can be serviceable in there, but hes much more suited for flanker. Young doesn't make much of a slot guy, and Quick, Rogers, and Patterson are much better suited outside.

THE DREAM TEAM

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Like the Gooden pick as I think the kid has great measurables and speed to boot. very interested to see his Combine performance. Surprised that Walters thinks Eifert is there for us in round 2. My concern about Patterson is that he is another developmental WR. The ratings on him are great from what I've read, but don't we need a more plug n' play type WR at this time? His price will be better than any of the top shelf WR's in FA, so I guess I've answered my own question. Although how many WR's will we have in camp 15? I'm concerned this mock doesn't do much for the RT spot.

Go Rams!
    Last edited by mde8352gorams; -02-14-2013 at 03:48 PM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    MAN! I'd frickin LOVE a draft like this. BUTTTT....

I looked at his draft and seen some other guys available, and thought I'd rather have this:

1.16 - Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
    Slow down kid. You already lost me.

When did Jeff Fisher switch to a 3-4?
    DE_Ramfan likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    If rookies take time to develop (which they do) why would you draft 2 WR's in the same year, right after we drafted 2 WR's last year, and 2 WR's the year before...

Lets go back two years ago, we took Pettis and Salas. One is not even on the roster and as I stated. Pettis is not the long term answer IMO. Do you think Pettis is going to be our number one anytime soon or ever? I don't.

Last year we took Quick who may take three years to develop coming form a smaller school. I think he will make a jump this year but from what little we have seen not sure if he is the long term answer.

Seeing as we are in desperate need of playmakers, I say get aggressive and go get them.

I addressed the safety in FA, go get one that is established, since we can't afford a guy like Wallace. We can afford a legit safety.

Our oldest WR would be Titus Young who has 3 years experience.
    Sometimes in life you have to play the cards you are dealt. So you tell me what is the answer resign Gibson for his experience? He's going to get 25 million over four years. Go sign a vet that has no upside but has been in the NFL five plus years? It would be nice to have a Jennings with leadership and skills, but the fact is we can't afford that guy. Re-sign Amendola, That works if he is willing to come back at the right price. It is what it is.

I agree with Nick, Rogers is overkill. Maybe instead of Amerson I'd take a S like Swearinger, but not another WR. In your case we don't even really have a bonafide slot guy. Givens can be serviceable in there, but hes much more suited for flanker. Young doesn't make much of a slot guy, and Quick, Rogers, and Patterson are much better suited outside

I would put Young in this slot with Pettis. Young did most of his work outside but he would do just fine in the slot IMO. I would keep Givens on the outside with his speed. Again I don't have a ton of faith in Young, until I see how that all works out.

I would let Da'Rick Rogers, Cordarelle Patterson and Quick battle for the number one or two spot.

Remember sosa I never forget these post and next year when you are calling out our offense because they sink and you have in the past, I will say see, we could have loaded up and let the cream rise to the top!
    Last edited by Rambos; -02-14-2013 at 04:19 PM.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

Seeing as we are in desperate need of playmakers, I say get aggressive and go get them.

I agree 100%!!!!!!!! A lot of us(not all, but a lot) complain about how Bradford doesnt have the help he needs and uses that as an excuse as to why he hasnt become an elite or above average QB yet. So why not give him those weapons he needs? Im not saying we shouldnt address the O-Line, but getting two wr's that early is fine by me. Id be fine with a WR and TE early also. This team needs playmakers and Bradford needs help, so getting aggressive and giving him those weapons is fine by me!!!

richtree is offline Registered User

probably best mock I have seen., dont know if its possible..

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    probably best mock I have seen., dont know if its possible..
    If we could pull this off, i dont see how even the biggest negative nancys could complain. this mock is awesome.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

I kind of agree with Rambos. We've spent the last year complaining about our WRs and saying guys like Gibson weren't the answer and needed to go. Time to bring in as much talent as we can and let them fight it out. Hungriest dogs get the bone.

We all think Sam needs weapons. I say let the arms race start now.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast