HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Lavar Arrington and Charles Woodson are...

....the most OVERRATED free agents on the market.

Charles Woodson, a 30 year old corner who has had exactly 1 int. in 5 of his 8 seasons and 4 of the last 5. He hasn't finished a season on the active roster since 2001. Butler, Fisher, Groce, and Bartell ALL have better pass defended numbers than Woodson has at this point. Right now, I'm not convinced he could even start for our defense much less make it better.

Lavar Arrington, a 28 year old SOLB, who couldn't stay in the coaches good graces long enough to even stay on the field. After starting out hot early in his career, this guy has done nothing the past two years. If we wanted an overgrown underachieving former first round linebacker, we would have kept Claiborne. Their stats are about the same over the past couple of years.

Then there's the notion that maybe they will come at a discounted price. Need I remind that they are both Poston clients? Either they will sign now and hold out later or expect a big pay day right now. Either way, I don't want they kind of problem back in the lockerroom.

I'm sure proponents of these two have their reasons, but I don't see it. Offer vet minimum and hang up the phone.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Re: Lavar Arrington and Charles Woodson are...

you'll see some team like the niners or the lions over pay for these guys just to fill the stands