39thebeast is offline Registered User

LB a top the second?

The perception is the Rams don't see LB as a need, but what if LB is the best value. Limas Sweed, DeSean Jackson, James Hardy, and Devin Thomas could be all gone. Also you can possibly find great value in the third with Donnie Avery, Jerome Simpson, Earl Bennett, and Andre Caldwell. No one really is expecting the elite OT's to slip to us let alone past 27 or 31 with Gosder Cherilus being the last one taken. CB is an option, but with Fakihr Brown returning it is less of a need.

That brings us to LB. Great value can be found in Dan Connor, Curtis Lofton, and the long shot Jerod Mayo. LB may become a very important position IF we draft Dorsey. An LB like Curtis Lofton may be a very smart selection.

I think it was Hubison who brought up Spoon isn't the type of LB that would be great with 2 smaller guys in front of him in a 2 tackle system or Carriker as a NT. Lofton who is very comparable to DeMeco Ryans would give a good thumper in the middle and allow spoon to go outside. I personally hate the idea of Spoon going outside, but maybe it would be better for him. This also allows you to use Spoon more off the edge as a speed rusher since you don't really know about DE and Spoon proved this year he is a good pass rusher.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Re: LB a top the second?

I have us taking Curtis Lofton in round two. When was the last time Tino played 16 games? Move Spoon outside and play Lofton as MLB. Spoon showed he can get to the QB and having a bigger MLB in a must.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Good post Rambos. We need to replace Witherspoon one day and and Tinoisamoa hasnt played many games. It wouldnt be a bad idea to get a LB in the second and snag Avery in round 3.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I agree, and I think I posted it somewhere else. Where ever they posted Kiper's latest mock, where we took Connor in the second. I think it would be a tremendous value to pick him up at this point, and we shouldn't pass on the opportunity.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Good post Rambos. We need to replace Witherspoon one day and and Tinoisamoa hasnt played many games. It wouldnt be a bad idea to get a LB in the second and snag Avery in round 3.
    huh? Spoon is only 27 still in his prime and LB's tend to have long careers pending injury. At worst Lofton starts at SLB. Love Avery some are saying he is a top 40 pick. Caldwell might be the most likely option and he is a very good player better than his brother

shower beers is offline Registered User

Either way, there will still be a very viable WR option for us at round three. I personally don't believe we need to take one at such a high round two pick.

Some are even saying Manningham will drop to round three now, although I'm not saying anything else about that...