throwback week

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

Legarrette Blount-Late Round Flyer?

Mr Blount, Oregon's big bruising back was a second round talent with the ability to crack the first had it not been for that infamous Boise State accident that saw him knocking the grin off some trash talking lineman.

With Blount's supposed character issues and in light of the incident, some guys have him falling all the way to the seventh round....and *gasp* perhaps even undrafted!

So...the question is, do you take him with one of your sixth or seventh round picks?

I say hell mother******* yes. how many seventh round picks are guys that probably should have went undrafted and don't contribute in a big way, if at all.

With a talent like that I would take a chance on his character issues. His coaches have said Blount has been trying to repair his image and has been doing the right things to do so.

I can think of worse things to do with a seventh round pick then letting a big back with a nasty attitude pound opposing defenses while Jackson rest his legs for another onslaught....

Let's hope the whiners trash talk while HE's on the field....

GET HERE NAO APRIL DAMN YOU!
    Last edited by Bralidore(RAMMODE); -02-24-2010 at 11:11 PM.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Re: Legarrette Blount-Late Round Flyer?

He wont fall below the 3rd, I will pretty much guarantee that. He will answer the Interview questions the right way at the combine, and all will be forgiven. No way he goes undrafted.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    He wont fall below the 3rd, I will pretty much guarantee that. He will answer the Interview questions the right way at the combine, and all will be forgiven. No way he goes undrafted.
    Totally agree with you 01d. I don't see him slipping past the fourth round..let alone going undrafted.

Ramzee Guest

Definitely a knucklehead if there was one in the draft.

Attitude problems abound.

Even if he was around, which I doubt he would be. Devaney has already said no.

Warner4prez Guest

He's got a lot of bright football people that have helped him get back on track like Jon Gruden and Tony Dungy. If they believe in the guy enough to help him out, I'm sure that resonates with other NFL types. If he falls to us in say the 4th round and we haven't addressed that area of need yet, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Ramzee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Warner4prez View Post
    He's got a lot of bright football people that have helped him get back on track like Jon Gruden and Tony Dungy. If they believe in the guy enough to help him out, I'm sure that resonates with other NFL types. If he falls to us in say the 4th round and we haven't addressed that area of need yet, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
    Just because they want to believe in him doesn't mean he will change. Anybody that is as big as he is, has the speed and power that he does, is clearly talented enough to play at the next level. Guys want to believe in guys like him but if he can't get it through his head and be the right kind of team player that is required out of him at the next level, no one can fix that.

Just in the Senior Bowl, I saw him physical slap LeFevour's hand down after he corrected him on where he was to line up by pointing to his left side. As if to tell him don't tell me what to do. I don't know about you but that's not the kind of guy I would want to play with and that's not the kind of guy Devaney is going to bring into this organization.