Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

A legitimate "You Heard It Here First"

These three players will be selected by the Rams in April 2009:

1. Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss - This 6'5", 330 lb. OT almost came out for the '08 draft, and would have pushed Jake Long for the top OT spot. He will be a top 5 pick, probably top 3, maybe #1 overall. Oher could be what Pace has been, and what Barron could have been. And yes, sadly, the Rams may have a shot at him.

2. Scott McKillop, LB, Pitt - The successor to HB Blades. At 6'2", 245, he has good size and is mobile enough to get to the outside from his MIKE position. A tackling machine that fits the Rams "high character, high effort" model from the past two years.

3. Cullen Harper, QB, Clemson - Yet another in a long line of Rams QBs with pinpoint accuracy, but less-than-laser arm strength. And also has all the intangibles needed from a QB.

And if any of these guys actually find their way to the Rams roster, don't think for a minute, I won't be screaming from the mountaintops about calling it in August.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Re: A legitimate "You Heard It Here First"

Hub, are these predictions by draft round? In other words, Oher is our first round pick, McKillop our 2nd round pick, etc?

Depending on how we come out of 2008 healthwise at OT, I could see us taking USC's Malauga in the first round at LB. Not sure I spelled his name correctly but you know who I'm talking about.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    These three players will be selected by the Rams in April 2009:

1. Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss - This 6'5", 330 lb. OT almost came out for the '08 draft, and would have pushed Jake Long for the top OT spot. He will be a top 5 pick, probably top 3, maybe #1 overall. Oher could be what Pace has been, and what Barron could have been. And yes, sadly, the Rams may have a shot at him.

he`s the big dude who they wrote a best seller about..ive got it its called "the blind side"...quite a rags to riches story...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Ruh Roh! We're talking about next season's draft so soon.

Now that's bad "KARMA".

Quote Originally Posted by Chris58 View Post
    Hub, are these predictions by draft round? In other words, Oher is our first round pick, McKillop our 2nd round pick, etc?

Depending on how we come out of 2008 healthwise at OT, I could see us taking USC's Malauga in the first round at LB. Not sure I spelled his name correctly but you know who I'm talking about.
    Yes, they are by round.

And I agree, the first two rounds could very well flip flop, that is to say 1st LB, 2nd OT.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Yes, they are by round.

And I agree, the first two rounds could very well flip flop, that is to say 1st LB, 2nd OT.
    I see OT, DE, LB and perhaps WR

Strikingly similar to this season.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

no strong safety??

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    no strong safety??
    The fans are apparently the only part of Rams Nation without confidence in Chavous. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that the organization has not shown the urgency to fill Chavous spot like the fans have.

But beyond that, I've never seen SS as a position that had to be jumped on early. Jermaine Phillips, Adrian Wilson, Rodney Harrison.......all later round picks. I think we can find a potential replacement after these more pressing needs. Especially next year which looks like a good year for physical "in-the-box" safeties. Maybe they surprise me and go after a Taylor Mays in the 1st, but I think they can wait until 3 or 4 for an Emmanuel Cook, Chris Clemons, Chip Vaughn, or Otis Wiley. All solid tacklers that can find their way into the backfield.

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Oh, yeah, safety slipped my mind.

USC has a couple of good ones this year from memory.

Josh Guest

I don't agree with Cullen Harper. He is with a clemson team that is like 60 to 65 percent run, and quite frankly he isnt that good. I would rather have that qb from duke. Im serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I don't agree with Cullen Harper. He is with a clemson team that is like 60 to 65 percent run, and quite frankly he isnt that good. I would rather have that qb from duke. Im serious.
    With Harper at the helm last year, Clemson ran the ball 52.8% of the time. Harper would be perfect for this offense: very accurate, solid intangibles, and a "good enough" arm. He's not as mobile as Lewis, nor does he have as strong an arm, but he's a better QB.

3. Cullen Harper, QB, Clemson - Yet another in a long line of Rams QBs with pinpoint accuracy, but less-than-laser arm strength. And also has all the intangibles needed from a QB.
    It would appear I have underrated Cullen Harper. Over the weekend, Scott Wright launched the 2009 version of his website, and has listed Cullen Harper as his top QB prospect.

So much for my hopes of grabbing him in the 3rd.

Wolf is offline Registered User

Why not a Tight End? Haha.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Not very optimistic about this year, eh?

We'd have to be drafting pretty high if we're taking Oher. Can't say I wouldn't mind him on our line, though. The guy is a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    Not very optimistic about this year, eh?

We'd have to be drafting pretty high if we're taking Oher. Can't say I wouldn't mind him on our line, though. The guy is a beast.
    Unfortunately, no, I'm not overly optimistic. I figure we're drafting top 5 next April.

Hoping like everything that I'm wrong, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast