Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Let's assume that Av is correct and.......

  1. #16
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,495
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Let's assume that Av is correct and.......

    Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Is there any OT prospect that also projects really well at the Guard spot ? ?? ?
    Zack Martin, Notre Dame


  2. #17
    richtree's Avatar
    richtree is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,122
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Let's assume that Av is correct and.......

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Zack Martin, Notre Dame
    Maybe the Rams have an extra eye on him...Since with Long having injury and potentially losing Saffold this would be the versatility to place a guy on the line that can play inside and out, if need be....

    did we meet with him at all at combine ?
    lostsoul likes this.

  3. #18
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,495
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Let's assume that Av is correct and.......

    Don't know.

    I do think that, if the Rams don't take an OT with their first pick, Martin would be a very good option at #13. He could definitely provide flexibility as Jake Long returns to health.

  4. #19
    RebelYell's Avatar
    RebelYell is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis ,Missouri
    Posts
    2,342
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Let's assume that Av is correct and.......

    Technically, Jones could play LT for a few games. He played at a high level at LT w/ Alabama. So could Williams if resigned.

    If the Rams trade down to #8 I'd take Lewan and with the 2nd pick take the best DB available in this order:
    Gilbert, Clinton Dix, Pryor.

  5. #20
    richtree's Avatar
    richtree is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,122
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Let's assume that Av is correct and.......

    Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Technically, Jones could play LT for a few games. He played at a high level at LT w/ Alabama. So could Williams if resigned.

    If the Rams trade down to #8 I'd take Lewan and with the 2nd pick take the best DB available in this order:
    Gilbert, Clinton Dix, Pryor.
    Yeah, this seems to make the most sense unless one of the Top guys slip....I actually doubt Gilbert will last being he is so good and clear #1 CB.....

    Plus with the WR position being so deep the Rams could also trade up back into the spot to get the WR they want later.....or have a guy fall down to them....

    This is gonna be the draft (off-season) the either moves the Rams into playoff contenders or starts another Re-build where vets start getting shipped out

  6. #21
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,495
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Let's assume that Av is correct and.......

    Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Technically, Jones could play LT for a few games. He played at a high level at LT w/ Alabama. So could Williams if resigned.

    If the Rams trade down to #8 I'd take Lewan and with the 2nd pick take the best DB available in this order:
    Gilbert, Clinton Dix, Pryor.
    I'd be good with those picks.

  7. #22
    Vinnie25's Avatar
    Vinnie25 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    824
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Let's assume that Av is correct and.......

    Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Ideally we would like 3 First Round Picks.....something like this:

    Lewan,
    Gilbert,
    B.Coleman

    Is there any OT prospect that also projects really well at the Guard spot ? ?? ?
    I like all those picks, but I'd much rather get a Safety in the 1st than another raw WR

  8. #23
    richtree's Avatar
    richtree is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,122
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Let's assume that Av is correct and.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    I like all those picks, but I'd much rather get a Safety in the 1st than another raw WR
    Safeties can be found in any round, Free Agency, UFA's.....and we could use some experience back there....a safety in round 1 is probably one of the worst ways we can waste a early pick, next to running back....If they aren't the next Ed Reed or Bo Jackson...pass and wait ...

    By Round 2 only 1 or 2 safeties may have been taken where 8 WRs will be gone....

  9. #24
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,495
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Let's assume that Av is correct and.......

    Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Safeties can be found in any round, Free Agency, UFA's.....and we could use some experience back there....a safety in round 1 is probably one of the worst ways we can waste a early pick, next to running back....If they aren't the next Ed Reed or Bo Jackson...pass and wait ...

    By Round 2 only 1 or 2 safeties may have been taken where 8 WRs will be gone....
    I disagree. Several safeties have been taken in Round 1 in recent years and made an immediate and significant impact, including Kenny Vaccaro and Eric Reid just last year.

    I also don't think 8 WRs will go in the first round. I'd say no more than 5.
    lostsoul likes this.

  10. #25
    Vinnie25's Avatar
    Vinnie25 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    824
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Let's assume that Av is correct and.......

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I disagree. Several safeties have been taken in Round 1 in recent years and made an immediate and significant impact, including Kenny Vaccaro and Eric Reid just last year.

    I also don't think 8 WRs will go in the first round. I'd say no more than 5.
    Exactly, plus I think there's a huge drop off from the top two safeties (Clinton-Dix and Pryor) to the next tier. Plus, this draft has some great depth at WR and you could pick up someone like Allen Robinson or Jordan Mathews in round 2 or 3
    MauiRam likes this.

  11. #26
    richtree's Avatar
    richtree is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,122
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Let's assume that Av is correct and.......

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I disagree. Several safeties have been taken in Round 1 in recent years and made an immediate and significant impact, including Kenny Vaccaro and Eric Reid just last year.

    I also don't think 8 WRs will go in the first round. I'd say no more than 5.
    I would gladly wager on 6 or more WRs (friendly wager) --- and Reid and Vaccaro stepped into Vet defensive teams -- on playoff caliber teams as well where they were molded for that role....

    neither were amazing...just a good option....Will Hill's number are about as good as both of them and he plays great special teams and was a UFA that no one wanted....

  12. #27
    RebelYell's Avatar
    RebelYell is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis ,Missouri
    Posts
    2,342
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Let's assume that Av is correct and.......

    Depends on the attributes of the safety.
    A hard hitting SS type = wait. Lifespan of their careers doesn't make them worthy of a 1st round pick.
    A quality cover FS type who can also tackle at a high level = you can't wait on those guys. A guy like Earl Thomas changes a defense. They make CBs better and they make LBers better.

    I don't know if Clinton-Dix or Pryor are that good, a lot of people think so.

  13. #28
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,495
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Let's assume that Av is correct and.......

    So, in the end, we all agree that people should just assume that I'm correct, right?
    lostsoul likes this.

  14. #29
    richtree's Avatar
    richtree is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,122
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Let's assume that Av is correct and.......

    So Chris Clemons from Miami is not a better option ????? Grab him first day of FA
    lostsoul likes this.

  15. #30
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,495
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Let's assume that Av is correct and.......

    That depends on the price.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. *Rep points for the first correct answer*
    By Ramblin` Ram in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: -10-17-2009, 04:33 PM
  2. Rep points for correct answer...
    By Ramblin` Ram in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: -10-02-2009, 10:02 AM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: -06-03-2009, 01:43 PM
  4. Warner in the correct forum
    By WisRamsFan in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: -06-04-2004, 11:26 AM
  5. Martz correct ??
    By RamDez in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -08-30-2001, 02:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •