Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rambos is offline Registered User

Lets draft offense

Ted Ginn take a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGyrgqOKZLg

Bruce and Curtis will soon be gone.

If we can't stop them lets out score them!

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Re: Lets draft offense

If draft a WR in the 1st round I will cry.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

The offense can score points already, but with the defense giving up points and getting run over they hardly get on the field. Get a defense and we can dominate a game, instead of having close games all the time

If draft a WR in the 1st round I will cry.
    Give me a daft pick (defense) that will be there at 13 that can have a big impact? I would like to know what kind of numbers this player will have in his rookie year. We can and will address the front four D line in FA. Looks like Haslett is not going to move Spoon from the middle, why draft a LB in the first round. Safety?How many DT can you draft that are going to come in as a rookie and play well in thier first are second year, none.

The offense can score points already
    Curtis is gone and if Holt or Bruce misses time, we will not put up all that many points.

We need a KR and a PR and with Curtis gone no real burner, this guy can flat out fly.
    Last edited by Rambos; -01-10-2007 at 10:35 AM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

History has proven that WRs are among the riskiest players to take in the first round (ask Detroit). I do think the Rams could use a young WR, but I wouldn't take one before Round 3 at the absolute earliest.

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

A nice WR project like a Marques Colston would do nicely...!!:l

Country is offline Registered User

If teh Rams draft anything on offense it will be a 330lbs. OG not Tedd Ginn.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Give me a daft pick (defense) that will be there at 13 that can have a big impact?
    I hope you're not suggesting that we can't draft a rookie defensive played and expect him to have a big impact for us in year one.

Just look at some of the rookies who were major contributors for their teams' defenses last season: DeMeco Ryans, 155 tackles as a rookie. Mark Anderson, 12 sacks as a rookie. AJ Hawk, 119 tackles and 2 INTs as a rookie. Donte Whitner, 107 tackles and 1 INT as a rookie. Ernie Sims, 124 tackles as a rookie. Haloti Ngata, 31 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT as a rookie. Kamerion Wimbley, 62 tackles, 11 sacks as a rookie. And of course our own Tye Hill, 50 tackles and 3 INTs as a rookie.

It really shouldn't be difficult at all to see that a rookie defensive player can come onto a team and make big contributions, but if you really need me to go through a list of names that be that productive in 2007 I can do that.

Looks like Haslett is not going to move Spoon from the middle, why draft a LB in the first round. Safety?How many DT can you draft that are going to come in as a rookie and play well in thier first are second year, none.
    One, there are at least two very good SLB prospects who could be available to us in round one (Patrick Willis & Lawrence Timmons). Drafting one of them would give us a three-player starting unit with outstanding talent.

Two, safety is certainly a position that could be addressed, because both Atogwe and Carter are restricted free agents after the 2007 season, and I doubt we keep both of them long-term. It's not probable at this point but I wouldn't rule it out.

Three, if you don't think a rookie DT can come in and contribute in his first year, you haven't been watching much Baltimore Ravens football. The big-bodied Haloti Ngata has been starting every game for Baltimore this season and has been a pretty important cog in their defense. If you need past examples, look at guys like Tommie Harris and Kevin Williams who were full time starters as rookies, as well as John Henderson who started all but three games as a rookie. Saying there are no DTs that come in as a rookie and play well is simply 100% inaccurate.

Curtis is gone and if Holt or Bruce misses time, we will not put up all that many points.

We need a KR and a PR and with Curtis gone no real burner, this guy can flat out fly.
    These are fair points, but I really just don't think it's accurate to make a case for a WR based on the notion that there isn't a defensive player who can come in and have an impact, as you tried to do earlier. Ginn is a possibility, but I would think with the defensive talent in this draft, he's probably more on the slim side than he is the likely side of the spectrum.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

If like I said Branch/Anderson/Adams/Willis are gone at #13 I'd honestly take a good hard look at Jarret or Ginn.
    RamsFan16

I hope you're not suggesting that we can't draft a rookie defensive played and expect him to have a big impact for us in year one.
    Hi Nick!

I sure am the key word here WE, can't and have not. Sure someone will get it right but we sure have not.

On a team sure, when we pick at 13? Tell me at number 13 who you can see having a big impact on our D, front four really?

Three, if you don't think a rookie DT can come in and contribute in his first year, you haven't been watching much Baltimore Ravens football.
    Nope I have been watching Ram football and I have not seen it from us, just like the Ravens can't find QB's like us. I guess it must be in the FO or something, maybe the coaching staff, not sure but it seems each team is good in certain areas when it comes to evaluating talent. I did not see any of the Rams 1st round draft pick named Nick. I guess I'm gun shy when it comes to drafting a DT.

After reading coaches comments making all the excuses for the slow start from the DT we drafted, I thought it took 3 years to play at a high level.

really just don't think it's accurate to make a case for a WR based on the notion that there isn't a defensive player who can come in and have an impact, as you tried to do earlier
    Thatís not what I was saying, I said someone give some names of defensive player that can change the out come of a game at 13. I'm mean really come in as a rookie and make some big time plays.

We get value, and fill some needs. We need a PR Mc D stinks and he is gone. We need a KR. Tony has been gone for years and we still stink. We need a 3 WR that can possible take Bruce spot in 2 years.

If he was on team this year he would have made a play or two on ST to win a game, give us great field position.

I donít know like the Hags took it back 90 yards on a punt to beat us late, Like the Bears took two KR back and beat us.

One last thing, Curtis gone, Mc D gone. If Bruce or Holt goes down? Not to deep are we.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Ted Ginn take a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGyrgqOKZLg

Bruce and Curtis will soon be gone.

If we can't stop them lets out score them!
    Let's not.

Rambos, my brother...come on now. Until we're at least in the 20's rank of rush defense, and having a TRUE ranking of pass defense, I will pass every single time for an offensive player that frankly we don't need right now. Isaac and Torry, they're getting old...but are they still one of the best if not the best receiver duo right now in the NFL? Yes, they're. I'll take them over inexperienced Jarrett, or Ginn Jr. ANY DAY my friend.

Now if this were to happen, the only way it would EVER happen is if we spend so much money in FA and make our defense that good (yeah right)! But by that time, the Rams organization would be broke, and we couldn't even sign the kid anyway! So its all pointless! :x

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

On a team sure, when we pick at 13? Tell me at number 13 who you can see having a big impact on our D, front four really?
    On the front four, guys like Jamaal Anderson and Amobi Okoye, maybe even Quentin Moses and Quinn Pitcock, come to mind as guys who could contribute immediately on this defensive front. Obviously if someone like Alan Branch slips, he could be an immediate contributor as well. At the LB position, Patrick Willis and Lawrence Timmons both could produce well as rookies IMO.

Alan Branch slips
    He's not going any where near 13. We can get an LB in the second that can produce, I want a guy that is a differnce maker.

come on now. Until we're at least in the 20's rank of rush defense
    That might take just about as long as Marc is our QB we just don't know. By then our O will be in the bottom half of the NFL.

Isaac and Torry, they're getting old...but are they still one of the best if not the best receiver duo right now
    Right now, you have to plan out a few years. What happens if one goes down next year?

I'll take them over inexperienced Jarrett, or Ginn Jr. ANY DAY my friend
    I will too, but I don't see Bruce or Holt on ST's. At some point we will need a replacement.

Now if this were to happen, the only way it would EVER happen is if we spend so much money in FA and make our defense that good (yeah right)! But by that time, the Rams organization would be broke, and we couldn't even sign the kid anyway! So its all pointless!
    Our D is not that far away. Glovers out! Secondary is looking to be set. Go out and get a DE and a DT. Kennedy will be back.

We have more then just the first pick. if a seventh round pick can start on our O, why not a 2nd round on our D line?

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Well I'm usually in the minority, so we'll keep the trend. While I do think that we should get defense in the first round(Gaines Adams), I wouldn't be opposed to taking a good hard look at Teddy Ginn. Defensive line is our biggest concern, but if like someone mentioned if the value isn't there why not take Ginn? What'd we have one return touchdown in the last 400 years? I highly doubt that there won't be defensive value at #13, unless my mock does play out. It's hard to say though, there's alot of things that can still occur during free agency. Miami can offer us Jason Taylor for Kevin Curtis, or Lovie can give us Tommie Harris as a going away present for leaving the Rams.....I'm all for drafting Defense in every round, but Ted Ginn wouldn't really be that bad of a pick, as long as we keep our own guys off of him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast