Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Lets draft offense

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    He's not going any where near 13. We can get an LB in the second that can produce, I want a guy that is a differnce maker.
    Well, I gave you six other names of defensive players who could contribute right away. Some are obviously better values at 13 than others, and obviously the chances of Branch sliding are slim but if he does he's obviously a big option there.

Anyways, you asked the question about a defensive guy at 13 who could have a big impact, and you've now got a list.
    Last edited by Nick; -01-11-2007 at 12:12 AM.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Our D is not that far away. Glovers out! Secondary is looking to be set. Go out and get a DE and a DT. Kennedy will be back.

We have more then just the first pick. if a seventh round pick can start on our O, why not a 2nd round on our D line?
    Well, thats just luck my friend. Yea, you try to get your team to pick a good player and all, but it all comes down to if the person will be a bust or not. You can't rely on odds like "well a 7th rounder did it, why not work on a 2nd round pick". I say just stick to what we need the most right now, and I think EVERYONE can agree is defense.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Rambos is offline Registered User

Well, thats just luck my friend
    Not just luck, we had to spend time an evaluating him. There are only 1800 players in the NFL, if you get drafted you are an elite football player. Some guys just need to be given a chance; some guys just donít know how to be an NFL player. You never know what you are going to get. My point is a number two pick is very high in the draft! A second and third round pick should make the team and contribute.

". I say just stick to what we need the most right now
    Teams donít draft by need, they set up a board and draft by value. What you hope is the guy you take in any round, when itís your turn. Is also a need, you donít want to draft based on need. If you do that you will be reaching.

If the best player on the board is a WR in the first round take him. We have a need at KR,PR and third WR.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Not just luck, we had to spend time an evaluating him. There are only 1800 players in the NFL, if you get drafted you are an elite football player. Some guys just need to be given a chance; some guys just donít know how to be an NFL player. You never know what you are going to get. My point is a number two pick is very high in the draft! A second and third round pick should make the team and contribute.

Teams donít draft by need, they set up a board and draft by value. What you hope is the guy you take in any round, when itís your turn. Is also a need, you donít want to draft based on need. If you do that you will be reaching.

If the best player on the board is a WR in the first round take him. We have a need at KR,PR and third WR.
    So are you saying we were wrong to take Hill instead of Cutler last year?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Rambos is offline Registered User

So are you saying we were wrong to take Hill instead of Cutler last year?
    Thatís a good question and here is the answer. Hill for Cutler, if you recall we traded back from 11th to 15th we moved back. Why you asked because we needed a defensive player and taking Hill at 11th due to need was not a good value pick, that spot was to high. The Rams traded backs and picked up another pick in the third round and then took Hill at 15th. So we got Hill and Wroten in the 3rd round. Which was a great move more value for our original pick at 11.

Its interesting to look back now, we past on Ngata, Haloti at 12 and Bunkley, Brodrick at 14. Both pretty good DT. Hill is a good pick I happy we have him and at the right price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12