Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Let's get this out of our system now.

Every year there will be some draft pick that sends a certain percentage of the membership here in apoplectic shock. The Rams will pick a player who some are convinced will be the downfall of this team. It may start sane, but inevitably will end up in some maniacal fit that sacrifices all reason and logic at the alter of hyperbole.

There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
    Every loss will be attributed to this player.
    If we had picked the guy that got picked after our guy, he would have cured cancer.
    Our player is responsible for herpes in the Netherlands.
    If we had passed on this guy, Elvis Presley would be alive today.

You get the point.

And in addition, it makes life hard on us Mods. Because sooner or later the tirade will deteriorate to a "yo mama" shouting match between 2 or more posters. Then we have turn on the hose and the whole thing gets really ugly.

Therefore, I think it might be a good idea to get it all out of our system now while we can still stroll along Hypothetical Lane before we get to our exit at Reality Avenue. So this thread is dedicated to the opportunity to choose for yourself the prospect that would really get your dander up, envision Goodell announcing that prospect as the Rams choice, and then just absolutely GO OFF!!!

Don't cuss, don't blast other posters......but see the Rams drafting your nemesis prospect, and then let the world know about it!

Have fun, and let's see if we can provide a cathartic service for those who get hit in the face with the guy they don't want come Draft weekend.

Alright Clan, let 'em hear ya.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Re: Let's get this out of our system now.

Arggh he be speaking the truth.

RANDYRAM Guest

I don't think we need another big slow WR! we Just singed one last Year for 30 Mill
    and Bennett I'm hoping will have a big year this year! We have 7 WRs signed and 1
    on the verge of being signed that would be 8 WRs
    Steven Jackson will be up for a new contract next year! Lets not piegon hole the team
    by not getting a versatile Rb! Brian Lenard is not going to replace Steven Jackson
    your not going to find many RBs that can?
    the RAMS just signed several Oline men and I think this guy is going to give the
    RAMS the biggest bang for the buck$$$$$
    Just think of this guy and Steven Jackson and this guy in the same backfield
    POWER & SPEED and this guy doesn't have the fumbling problem that DMAC dose

YOU HEARD IT FIRST CHRIS JOHNSON IN RD 2

(2)Chris Johnson RB/WR/KR (PLAYMAKER) 4.24 tide fastest time ever at combine! A stsrting Quality Back!

Because Steven Jackson is up for a new contract next year! I don't want him to hold the rams hostage!
    He also had back spazams and missed several games last year!

Also Brian Lenard had both his shoulders operated this off season.

Chris Johnson, RB East Carolina
    All Johnson did was lead the nation in all-purpose yards with 1,423 on the ground, with 17 touchdowns, 528 receiving yards, with six scores, and 1,009 yards and a touchdown on kickoff returns, but that didn't get him much attention. While he's among the most versatile prospects in the draft, he didn't register much of a blip on the radar in such a strong year for running backs. And then came the 40.

There's Deion Sanders fast, running a hand-timed 4.28 in the 1989 Combine, there's the urban legend of Bo Jackson running a hand-timed 4.12, and now there's Johnson's 4.24, tying Eastern Kentucky's Rondel Melendez's 1999 time as the best electronically-confirmed run in Combine history. While Johnson isn't a between-the-tackles runner, he could be a much cheaper, and as it turns out, much faster option than McFadden for someone like Dallas, who'd like an outside threat to go along with Marion Barber III, or teams like Cincinnati and Tampa Bay, who have decent pounders, but little flash.

jquarando is offline Registered User

Gholston/J.Long/C.Long/dorsey is going to be a bust. I want to say that now so five years from now when people start whining about our picks with hindsight in play I can say I was the only one preaching that these guys would be busts. Man I hope im wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy
    YOU HEARD IT FIRST CHRIS JOHNSON IN RD 2
    ---sigh--- Okay, Randy, now that you've given us the "Johnson for Prez" speech, play the game as it was intended for this thread. Pick a player the Rams will take INSTEAD OF Johnson that will just set you off. Picture it. Johnson is setting there at #33 and the Rams pass on him for .......fill in the blank. Who do you picture as that pick, and why does that pick bother you?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

I dont want to see Jake Long as our pick. Dorsey, Chris Long, and Gholston are who I want, mainly the last two.

Quote Originally Posted by chipperjones View Post
    I dont want to see Jake Long as our pick. Dorsey, Chris Long, and Gholston are who I want, mainly the last two.
    Excellent. Now go with it, chipper. "With the 2nd pick of the 2008 NFL draft, the St. Louis Rams select.......Jake Long, tackle, University of Michigan."

Now go!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Chris Berman: "Well, the Rams addressed the offensive line in Round 1 by taking Jake Long. Let's see who they're going with in Round 2..."

With the 33rd pick in the draft, the St. Louis Rams select, ___________, WR from ____________."

Me: "AAAAAAAAARGH!!!! HOW CAN WE NOT TAKE A DEFENSIVE LINEMAN WHO CAN RUSH THE PASSER ON DAY 1 OF THE DRAFT!!?!?!?!??! SLOP IS GOING RUN LINEHAN UP THE FLAGPOLE FOR THIS ONE!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!"

That's my big sticking point. The Rams MUST take a pass rusher with one of their first two picks. If they don't I don't care who the Rams have playing DB... they're going to get toasted by QBs who will have all day to throw.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Reaching at the top of the second for a 2nd tier wide reciever when there might be defensive backs still around who are generally regarded as first round picks..

i.e Kenny Phillips, Aqib Talib, Mike Jenkins, Brandon Flowers...

We're more than likely not going to have Fakhir Brown this coming season... and I don't know about you guys but I don't feel very comfortable putting Johnathon Wade out there in single coverage.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Any RB taken before the golf tourney on tv is over on Sunday. Which means no RB, unless the first name starts with Darren and the last starts with McFadden.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I would be upset if the Rams took anybody but Vernon Gholston with the 2nd pick. Even though I'd get over Chris Long (being the pick) quicker than any other. In the 2nd round, I'd be upset if the Rams chose a WR and his name wasn't James Hardy.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Excellent. Now go with it, chipper. "With the 2nd pick of the 2008 NFL draft, the St. Louis Rams select.......Jake Long, tackle, University of Michigan."

Now go!

Okay ummm..."Jake Long....we have two good tackles in Pace and Barron, Gholston, Dorsey, and Chris Long all could have came and helped out right away....No Im turning off the TV...until the second round."

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Oh, that's a good point chipper. Never thought of that one. If Carriker and Ryan are good enough at DT's to bypass on Dorsey, why an OT like Jake Long when we have Pace and Barron?

DE. DE only. The sword to the Rams throat if they chose anything BUT a DE in Round 1.

Damn the torpedos, full DE ahead.
    Last edited by txramsfan; -03-21-2008 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Misspelled Long

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

If we take ANY TE or RB or a QB higher than the 6th and if we don't take a DE in the first two rounds I'll be pissed...but knowing how the Rams draft I'm prepared to get pissed.

chiguy is offline Registered User

In the 4th Round, the Rams select Dennis Dixon to play WR.

Me: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast