Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
Chris Berman: "Well, the Rams addressed the offensive line in Round 1 by taking Jake Long. Let's see who they're going with in Round 2..."

With the 33rd pick in the draft, the St. Louis Rams select, ___________, WR from ____________."

Me: "AAAAAAAAARGH!!!! HOW CAN WE NOT TAKE A DEFENSIVE LINEMAN WHO CAN RUSH THE PASSER ON DAY 1 OF THE DRAFT!!?!?!?!??! SLOP IS GOING RUN LINEHAN UP THE FLAGPOLE FOR THIS ONE!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!"

That's my big sticking point. The Rams MUST take a pass rusher with one of their first two picks. If they don't I don't care who the Rams have playing DB... they're going to get toasted by QBs who will have all day to throw.
If our offense can't keep our defense off the field, it's not going to matter who we have up front on the defensive line. So offensive line MUST be addressed first and foremost. Not necessarily through the draft (I am all for trading a draft pick for an all pro lineman). But really AV, look at the Ram's history of taking defensive linemen in the first round, and you want these guys to do it again?

I mean really, the Patriots didn't have a pass rush and look at what happened to them....ummmmm....well the Giants.....ummmm....oh yeah they did get after Brady didn't they and THAT was the difference maker in bring a championship to NY....hmmmmmm....Oh my goodness....I'm just being cynical....I mean....the personnel decisions made by Linehan since his arrival have been.....oops....you know, I'll just sit over here at the end of the bar and listen quietly.