Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Let's roll the dice

The Titans released LaGarrette Blount today. I say we take a stab at him and bring him in. I see only upside for us. He is a hard nosed physical downhill runner. He's a rookie that no one seems to want to take a chance on, so we can sign him to a cheap one or two year deal. If he pans out, then great. If not then what did we really waste?

And I'm going to cut it off at the pass. Yes, he did screw up while he was at Oregon. But he seems like he is truly remorseful about the situation, wants to move on and let it be in the past.

npow81 is offline Registered User

Re: Let's roll the dice

I am a loyal BSU fan and his actions that game have nothing to do with my opinion...the kid can't play. He may have the size and speed numbers but he simply is not an nfl running back...if you look real close at his ability to move laterally its readily apparent, not to mention that he does very little to use his size therefore just making him a bigger target. There are at least 20 other running backs, including Toston i'd rather have on the roster.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Defense View Post
    The Titans released LaGarrette Blount today. I say we take a stab at him and bring him in. I see only upside for us. He is a hard nosed physical downhill runner. He's a rookie that no one seems to want to take a chance on, so we can sign him to a cheap one or two year deal. If he pans out, then great. If not then what did we really waste?

And I'm going to cut it off at the pass. Yes, he did screw up while he was at Oregon. But he seems like he is truly remorseful about the situation, wants to move on and let it be in the past.
    We need a change of pace back not another person in there that can bruise.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

He's with tampa now, right? In any case, we don't need a guy who was suspended for punching a guy in college, says sorry sorry, never again, then goes and punches a teammate in practice. That is not the kind of player this team needs.

tmbkb8 is offline Registered User

Not a chance. Spags builds this team around character. There is no way someone with the past of Blount could make this roster.

mtah6245 is offline Registered User

Spag's character got the rams a 1-15 season last year and the way things look at this point probably a character record of 1-15 this season. So his character will probably get him fired after the 2011 season if not during or at the end of this season.