sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Lets start the Mock Drafts! (Sosa's Mock!)

Free Agency:

Mike Wallace, WR, Steelers

Re-sign:

Danny Amendola, WR, Rams
    Steven Jackson, RB, Rams

Draft:

Lets start the Mock Drafts! (Sosa's Mock!)-chance-warmack.jpg

1. Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama: Powerpig, mauler, and dominant. Some say he's the best G prospect since Steve Hutchinson. Take that in with our need at LG, Warmack is an amazing option here.

Lets start the Mock Drafts! (Sosa's Mock!)-50777c43d9aeb.image.jpg

1. Matt Elam, S, Florida: Elam is the best S in his class. He has amazing closing speed, and terrific range. He is very versatile. Florida lines him up at FS, SS, he's played some slot CB, and even LB in nickel and dime packages. Great player with special ability. Also very physical, and will play recklessly (in a good way). Loves to sacrifice his body and loves to hit.

Lets start the Mock Drafts! (Sosa's Mock!)-628x471_2.jpg

2. Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford: Ertz reminds me a lot of Gronkowski. He's 6'6 and is a terror in the red-zone (6 TD's). He is a great receiver with dependable hands. Runs good routes, excellent down the seam. Also a willing blocker (decent, not amazing). Pairing Ertz with Kendricks could make a dangerous duo.

Lets start the Mock Drafts! (Sosa's Mock!)-geraldhodges.jpg

3. Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State: Hodges is a smart and instinctive LB'er. He is very disciplined, excellent with keeping the backside locked down. Hard hitter. Great tackler, terrific form. Great speed as well. Hodges has a knack for being around the ball. He rounds off our LB corps, and potentially could be a strength of this team. I'd look out for Hodges to be the potential steal of this draft.

Lets start the Mock Drafts! (Sosa's Mock!)-300xnx091121nixonxavier2786tcasey.jpg

4. Xavier Nixon, OT, Florida: Nixon is 6'6. He's been a good run blocker, and has flashed in pass pro. He's struggled against guys like Jarvis Jones, but who hasn't? He needs to become more consistent. He has loads of potential. Very powerful run blocker, and once the hands get on you, he'll drive you back.

5. Marcus Lattimore, RB, SC: We all know what happened to Lattimore. Well, he's decided he's going to enter the draft! Lattimore was going to be a first round pick until his nasty injury. Lattimore is a BIG RB, and reminds me of SJ. He wont break an 80 yard TD, but he'll grind the hard yards all day. I'd take a chance on Lattimore here (McGahee and Frank Gore had nasty injuries in college and turned out great) and depending on how he's come along, I'd either put him on the PUP list or on IR. Let the kid fully heal, and learn from SJ. And once SJ is gone (1-2 years) Lattimore, DRICH, and Pead can be a dangerous trio, with great depth.
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -12-17-2012 at 09:25 AM.

THE DREAM TEAM

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Re: Lets start the Mock Drafts! (Sosa's Mock!)

man you love Lattimore. Besides that i like it. Personally

honestly I can't even guess who will draft but this is a list of guys I'd like to consider and in what rounds

Round 1
    Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M
    Chance Warmack OG Georgia
    Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame
    Keenan Allen WR California

Round 2
    Matt Elam S Florida
    Kenny Vaccaro S Texas
    Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennesse Tech
    Justin Hunter WR Tennesse

Round 3
    Stepfan Taylor RB Stanford
    Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma
    Kenjon Barner RB Oregon
    Eddie Lacy RB Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    man you love Lattimore. Besides that i like it. Personally

honestly I can't even guess who will draft but this is a list of guys I'd like to consider and in what rounds

Round 1
    Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M
    Chance Warmack OG Georgia
    Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame
    Keenan Allen WR California

Round 2
    Matt Elam S Florida
    Kenny Vaccaro S Texas
    Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennesse Tech
    Justin Hunter WR Tennesse

Round 3
    Stepfan Taylor RB Stanford
    Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma
    Kenjon Barner RB Oregon
    Eddie Lacy RB Alabama
    There is just certain players you become infatuated with. Lattimore is too perfect of a fit.

THE DREAM TEAM

RuffRams is offline Registered User

If lattimore goes in the 5th I'm more than happy to take him there. Like everything there but if we have enough space, I would throw in a Steven Jackson resign. Would love lattimore to take it easy his 1st year back, and sit behind SJax...50/25/25.. S.Jax/Darryl/Marcus

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    If lattimore goes in the 5th I'm more than happy to take him there. Like everything there but if we have enough space, I would throw in a Steven Jackson resign. Would love lattimore to take it easy his 1st year back, and sit behind SJax...50/25/25.. S.Jax/Darryl/Marcus
    Woops! I did mean to re-sign SJ, just totally forgot he was an FA! I thought it was sort of guaranteed he'd return with the way he's been talking about it lately.

THE DREAM TEAM

I just don't get the love for a guy so injury prone when there are just as good prospects.
    I'd much rather have Stepfan Taylor, Kenjon Barner, Jonathon Franklin, in rounds 3 or 4 and not have to worry about the huge injury risk.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Lets start the Mock Drafts! (Sosa's Mock!)

Jon Franklin is a stud... He will be a low 1st round pick by draft day.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    Jon Franklin is a stud... He will be a low 1st round pick by draft day.
    maybe but I don't see it. His stock is definitely on the rise but I don't see him passing Bernard(easily #1 imo), Lacy or Ellington and we'll never see all four go first round.

Pretty much everyone has Franklin as somewhere between the 7th-10th best back.

Not that this is a reflection on Franklin. LIke I said I'd love to get him in round 3(which I think is feasible) rather that, although there is no consensus #1, there is a large group of talented running backs slated to go anywhere from late round 1 to round 4.

Giovanni Bernand
    Andre Ellington
    Eddie Lacy
    Montee Ball
    Joseph Randle
    Stepfan Taylor
    Mike Gillislee
    Kenjon Barnder
    Leveon Bell
    Christine Michael
    JOhnathon Franklin

Literally all of these guys interest me.

I just don't get the love for a guy so injury prone when there are just as good prospects.
    I'd much rather have Stepfan Taylor, Kenjon Barner, Jonathon Franklin, in rounds 3 or 4 and not have to worry about the huge injury risk.
    How is he injury prone? He had an unlucky torn ACL (two actually). And why do you like Barner? All he is-is fast (COUGH COUGH PEAD, DRICH).

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    How is he injury prone? He had an unlucky torn ACL (two actually). And why do you like Barner? All he is-is fast (COUGH COUGH PEAD, DRICH).
    Maybe it's his running style but most people don't suffer two torn acls in 2 years and hurting your knee twice makes you more likely to get injured in the future. That doesn't even take into account the fact he'll likely lose some laterally quickness and speed from the 2nd injury.

Honestly I just don't want that type of running back. We've had Jackson for nearly a decade and Lattimore is like a poor mans Jackson or Eddie George. I'd much rather have a versatile Faulk/Martin type or a big play Spiller/Charles type.

I just don't ever see Lattimore being a big time impact runner. I don't think he has the speed, explosiveness, pass catching ability or versatility to be a big play threat. I know you disagree and that's fine.

Maybe it's his running style but most people don't suffer two torn acls in 2 years and hurting your knee twice makes you more likely to get injured in the future. That doesn't even take into account the fact he'll likely lose some laterally quickness and speed from the 2nd injury.

Honestly I just don't want that type of running back. We've had Jackson for nearly a decade and Lattimore is like a poor mans Jackson or Eddie George. I'd much rather have a versatile Faulk/Martin type or a big play Spiller/Charles type.

I just don't ever see Lattimore being a big time impact runner. I don't think he has the speed, explosiveness, pass catching ability or versatility to be a big play threat. I know you disagree and that's fine.
    Fair enough. Though surgically repaired knees actually usually come out STRONGER then they were prior to the injury... If he can recover from this injury, he'll be a special pick-up.

THE DREAM TEAM

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Trent Richardson would like to talk to you about a topic called "I'm proving you wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    Trent Richardson would like to talk to you about a topic called "I'm proving you wrong."
    I would like to talk to you about a topic called "reading comprehension"