Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Limas Sweed

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Limas Sweed

That's not what he said this monring on AM 1300 the Zone out of Austin. My hearing is still pretty good.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

NFL draft countdown has that he ran a 4.52, but with his height, 4.52 is like a 4.4.

As for whether or not he'll drop, the issue is his wrist. My question was IF is wrist was banged up and he wouldn't be ready until Training Camp or maybe even the season and he dropped to us, do we take him? This makes the pick less about this season and more of a pick for the future. Assume that it could keep us out of the playoffs because he won't be up to speed with Bulger and all that. Do we take him knowing that this season could suffer? Or it might not.

If his wrist is fine, he goes to Tennessee at the latest in my opinion.

He said his wrist is fine.....that the timer at the combine wasn't correct (among other measureables), that the times that was quoted by scouts was anywhere between 4.42 and 4.46 depending on when you stopped and started. That's the main reason why so many are running at their pro days. Reason he stopped after the OU game was because he couldn't bend his wrist at all and thought he would hurt the team. It's completely healed and has three medical doctors signed off with clean bills of health.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    He said his wrist is fine.....that the timer at the combine wasn't correct (among other measureables), that the times that was quoted by scouts was anywhere between 4.42 and 4.46 depending on when you stopped and started. That's the main reason why so many are running at their pro days. Reason he stopped after the OU game was because he couldn't bend his wrist at all and thought he would hurt the team. It's completely healed and has three medical doctors signed off with clean bills of health.
    Well if he says so. That happens all the time. Take me for example, the clock said I ran a 10.24 forty, but my mom told me it looked more like a 4.67..........so I'm going with that.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

HUb, at one point in time I was speedy but now you could clock my 40 with a sundial.

either way on Sweed, he's speed is deceptive. I saw him get behind CB's quite often.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    HUb, at one point in time I was speedy but now you could clock my 40 with a sundial.

either way on Sweed, he's speed is deceptive. I saw him get behind CB's quite often.
    Hey don't get me wrong........until football players start running 40 yard routes in shorts and t-shirts, 1/10th of a second will never impress me.

As long as the wrist is healthy, Sweed would be a steal at #33.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ENN107 is offline Registered User

he is a stud and he made a qb out of vinve young

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ENN107 View Post
    he is a stud and he made a qb out of vinve young
    Couldn't make much of a QB out of Colt McCoy though... although you can argue that McCoy had a better year when Sweed was playing all year.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

i doubt sweed will drop. he has too much upside.. if devin thomas is there than we should consider him

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by eric2810 View Post
    i doubt sweed will drop. he has too much upside.. if devin thomas is there than we should consider him
    I doubt it too, but I heard that teams were downgrading him due to concerns about his wrist, and it's a bit of wishful thinking. If I hear any news other than from Sweed that his wrist is fine though, I know he won't make it to us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123