Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By LionsGuy
  • 1 Post By LionsGuy

Thread: Lions Fan Visiting..draft question

LionsGuy is offline Registered User

Lions Fan Visiting..draft question

Hey guys, Lions fan here just visiting. No, im not here to talk up my team or talk bad about the Rams. Actually, is it legal for a Lions fan to talk trash? Lol

Each year, like many people do, I make a Mock Draft. But im trying to talk to fans of all 32 teams and get their input on their teams biggest needs, so I can hopefully have my most accurate mock draft yet.

Now, I dont know a whole lot about the Rams except Spags was just fired and Jeff Fisher was just interviewing. I for one am very surprised that the Rams had the season they had, considering how well you guys did last year. I know Bradford was hurt a lot, so that cant help. Trust me, I know how that can affect a team.

A little about myself. I've been an absolute huge Lions fan for a while and can FINALLY be happy about a season. I tell ya, it is very stressful being a Lions fan, especially during the Matt Millen years.

Back to the Rams, if the draft were tomorrow, I would have to either guess Matt Kalil or Justin Blackmon, am I correct? I know you guys drafted Jason Smith, but he moved to RT, right? And hasnt he had injury issues? That would be why I would think Kalil would make sense.
    As far as Blackmon, the Rams have NO #1 WR, am I right? I mean, Brandon Lloyd isnt really a true #1 WR is he? I think if you can get Blackmon, that should give Bradford 3 solid guys to throw to, including Amendola.

Like I said, I dont know a WHOLE lot about the Rams, so if you're thinking, "wow this guy has no idea what hes talking about", thats ok.

Anyway, what are your thoughts? And I know it is early. We still have playoffs, Free Agency, Combines, Pro Days..etc.
    ManofGod likes this.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Re: Lions Fan Visiting..draft question

First of all i would like to congratulate on the playoff berth...being a Rams fan through this time has been tough and i know what you went through the millen era in Detroit and last year when stafford got injured...Im hopeing my rams can get into the playoffs like you guys.

Basically let me tell you about the rams this way our offense is just like the detroit offense without Calvin Johnson and an offensive scheme that suits our QB...you might be embarrassed to see your lions offense similar to the rams but think about it this way we have an o-line that is good with the quick passing game (we ran a WCO last year) but they are completly horrible holding up for a long time like our 2011 scheme wanted...i think it is safe to say we will be implementing a new offense next year

Our offense resembles something similar to the lions but our players need to live up to expectations...however we are missing a huuuuuuuge piece and that is a Calvin Johnson you know just how important he is to stafford and burleson (CJ takes the doubles) Even Pettigew and Shefler get good match-up because the attention that CJ receives...SO basically we want Justin Blackmon we want that #1 WR

Dont believe in the Matt Kalil talk...our Tackles were not healthy this year and they are kinda like Backus and Cherilus...Backus is solid not great (our RT right now Harvey Dahl is like that)...Cherilus has potential and is solid on the right side (our LT saffold is like that im sorry but i believe Saffold will be the better player thou)

msha is offline Registered User

Ya give us Blackmon. Lloyd will most likely leave because he is a FA and wants to follow McDaniels to the Pats. I think our LT Saffold deserves another year. Our offense averaged like 11 ppg this year. Kalil would give Bradford more time to throw, but he would not directly score more TDs. Blackmon will and will (hopefully) directly help us score more points.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by LionsGuy View Post
    Back to the Rams, if the draft were tomorrow, I would have to either guess Matt Kalil or Justin Blackmon, am I correct?
    Yep, those would be the two options as I see it. You could make a valid and strong case for either, IMO.

Hey thanks guys..DEFINETLY the responses I was looking for. Its kinda interesting to really learn about another team from a fans perspective. Im gonna pout for a few days about our disastrous loss to the Saints, then ill probably be back on to talk some more with you guys up until draft time if you dont mind.

Thanks guys!

Im thinking when St. Louis makes their pick, it will NOT be at #2. Im thinking theres a great chance a team (most likely Cleveland) will trade with them. If Cleveland does, id say you still have a wonderful chance at getting Blackmon at #4.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.