Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Lions have begun negotiations with a possible #1 pick... whomever he is...

Quote Originally Posted by jbell15 View Post
    IMO, if they don't pick stafford, they are going to seriously regret it. I see Stafford as a Jay Cutler type QB, and Sanchez being more like Chad Pennington. I don't think Sanchez has the arm to make all the throws in the league. Also,they will regret it if they take smith or monroe because Stafford is going to be something special. If the lions don't take Stafford, we will also look back at this draft nand wish we would have taken Stafford.
    We won't take him, but when he's a hall of famer, i hope we didn't draft sam bowie
    So he'll be a diabetic with a big mouth intent on derailing our offseason 3 years from now when we briefly entertain the thought of trading for another, more laconic QB?

More seriously....

What has Stafford shown us in his collegiate career to provide proof that he will be "special?" What big games has he won? What conference championships has he led his team to? Contrary to Kiper's claims, I am not sold on Stafford being a great, or even a good NFL QB in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by iStillBelieve View Post
    You guys obviously aren't Mizzou fans...
    Go Huskers!

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    So he'll be a diabetic with a big mouth intent on derailing our offseason 3 years from now when we briefly entertain the thought of trading for another, more laconic QB?
    Ouch!! low blow

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by iStillBelieve View Post
    I'm amazed that you guys thought I was serious. Of course I know that Wayne, Housh, White, Bryant, Boldin, and even Keenan Burton are better than Will Franklin...BUT HE WAS A TIGER. So was Justin Gage, I was thinking about throwing Brad Smith on that list over Fitzgerald, but you guys would have freaked out even more.

Do you honestly think I was serious when I put a 2nd year receiver who had maybe 10 catches his first season as a top 5 receiver?

On a side note...6'1 210, sub 4.4 speed, and 40+ inch vertical...I really wish Will had fallen to us with our second pick in the 4th round last year because he has all the physical tools he just needs to learn the technique. And he is a great guy so I know he can do it.
    Hey you never know sometimes. Now I will be able to sleep easier tonight knowing that there is not somebody who honestly put Will Franklin and Justin Gage on the "top 5 WR" list.

And no I am not a Mizzou fan. I like my hometown Syracuse Orange .

eric2810 is offline Registered User

One of those might be Boston College defensive tackle B.J. Raji who made a visit to Allen Park last week to interview with Lions officials.
    Even B.J. Raji is getting some interest with their #1 pick, they (Lions) are not giving any clues as to who they will choose come Draft Day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12