Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Lions meeting with both Curtis and McDonald

McDonald visit means one of two things

Shaun McDonald, the St. Louis Rams receiver, is reportedly on his way to Detroit for a visit on Monday. If this is true, it means one of two things:

-- The Lions are trying to put some pressure on Kevin Curtis to sign a contract. The implication is that if Curtis tries to break the bank, the Lions will simply go out and get another former Mike Martz disciple. After all, Mike Furrey caught 98 passes -- is it so difficult to believe McDonald couldn't prosper, too.

-- The Lions want both Curtis and McDonald and that means that Lions equipment guys will soon be instructed to box up Mike Williams' belongings. Think about it. Martz is the offensive coordinator and he'll have Roy Williams and three of his former players -- Furrey, Curtis and McDonald. How much playing time do you figure Mike Williams is going to get? And, since he's not a return guy and not likely to be much help on special teams, the writing is on the wall.

If Curtis signs and McDonald still comes to town -- whether he signs or not -- it means the Lions (or at least Martz) has already planned on life without Mike Williams.
    http://www.mlive.com/lions/weblog/

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Re: Lions meeting with both Curtis and McDonald

This is what I figured. Doesn't matter much for Lions fans though because their O-Line is so horrible. If they take Thomas with the 2nd pick then they would be getting somewhere.

Drew is offline Registered User

gotta disagree with saying the lions o-line are horrible,i think they have real talent on that line,was just missing a real RT last year!

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

wiht Martz running that offence the line is always going to look bad... too many passing attempts and too many 7 step drops

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

So are our backups WRs that good, or does Martz just wish he was still a Ram real bad?

keith m. klink Guest

our backups were really that good, i new this would happen, the detroit rams. its funny, furrey, arlen harris , aviene cason, donavan raiola, blaine saipaia, and now their looking at curtis and mcdonald, wow, if they ink marshall faulk, they will have the greatest show on turf2.

MASSIVE is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    our backups were really that good, i new this would happen, the detroit rams. its funny, furrey, arlen harris , aviene cason, donavan raiola, blaine saipaia, and now their looking at curtis and mcdonald, wow, if they ink marshall faulk, they will have the greatest show on turf2.
    Your just joking right???:x