39thebeast is offline Registered User

Lito Sheppard again?

His value is way down from last year, he knows Spags scheme already and was an pro bowler when Spags was the DB coach. The eagles just signed their Nickle back Joselio Hansen to a 5 year deal. Sheldon Brown and Asante Samuel are entrenched as starters. That leaves Lito the unhappy dime back making 25 mil. I think he is reall good fit that won't be expensive at this point.

I don't see the eagles comanding more than a 4th round pick, what do you guys think?

djdeeznutz Guest

Re: Lito Sheppard again?

I see it going down like this:

Eagles get:

Torry Holt

Rams get:

Lito Shepard
    6th or 7th round draft pick

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I don't see it. We have Bartell (hopefully to be signed), Brown, Hill, Wade and King. Why would we take a "scrap heap" player. If the Eagles don't want him, why would we. We're rebuilding this team to be a younger talented group of players, not the St. Louis Raiders. It makes no sense to me regardless of how well he knows Spags system. I'm expecting the Rams to select a CB in the 2 or 3 round, maybe D. J. Moore from Vandy, according to Draft Countdown.

Go Rams!

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    I don't see it. We have Bartell (hopefully to be signed), Brown, Hill, Wade and King. Why would we take a "scrap heap" player. If the Eagles don't want him, why would we. We're rebuilding this team to be a younger talented group of players, not the St. Louis Raiders. It makes no sense to me regardless of how well he knows Spags system. I'm expecting the Rams to select a CB in the 2 or 3 round, maybe D. J. Moore from Vandy, according to Draft Countdown.

Go Rams!
    Fahkir Brown is pot head and FA I'll take sheppard. Wade, King haven't proved anything. Hill has gone backwards in his development. The eagles defense is so good their scrap heap player is a starter on any team in the NFC or AFC west. The eagles don't want him because they have 3 great corners ahead of him one who is the second highest paid corner in the NFL. Last time i checked the Rams don't have 3 great corners. Why would the rams use a second rounder on a guy like D.J. Moore who doesn't fit the system, when we could get a 27 year old corner who knows the system, has been an all pro, and would only require a 4th rounder.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Well if Lito's so good then the Eagles should have played him against the Cardinals whose receivers ate the Eagles alive that day, courtesy of our old friend Kurt Warner. Where was Lito that day?

Go Rams!

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    Well if Lito's so good then the Eagles should have played him against the Cardinals whose receivers ate the Eagles alive that day, courtesy of our old friend Kurt Warner. Where was Lito that day?

Go Rams!
    You obviously didn't read my post where I clearly said Lito, was the dime back and Sheldon Brown and Asante Samuel where entrenched as starters (4th on the depth chart)

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    His value is way down from last year, he knows Spags scheme already and was an pro bowler when Spags was the DB coach.
    Well if Spags made a guy a pro bowler one year and then he becomes a nickle/dime back after he leaves....then what could he do with guys already on his roster???? The Rams have a young unproven secondary. If he can turn water to wine in Philly lets wait and see what he can do in St. Louy.

just an observation of a guy that knows next to nothing about anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

Dave2oo2 is offline Registered User

With all due respect, if you think that the Ram's secondary does not need any help from a PRO BOWL CB then I believe you need your head examined, seriously. Hill is not doing to good, Brown is a JOKE!!!!, and if Bartell is our hope at CB then we need more then a prayer. The only reason Lito is benched is because the Eagles made Samuels and Brown the starters no matter what happens in a game, including getting "lit up" by the Cards. Plus he is only 27 and we need some vets on the team to help our younger players, including Bartell. I hope that the rams can make this happen.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2oo2 View Post
    With all due respect, if you think that the Ram's secondary does not need any help from a PRO BOWL CB then I believe you need your head examined, seriously. Hill is not doing to good, Brown is a JOKE!!!!, and if Bartell is our hope at CB then we need more then a prayer. The only reason Lito is benched is because the Eagles made Samuels and Brown the starters no matter what happens in a game, including getting "lit up" by the Cards. Plus he is only 27 and we need some vets on the team to help our younger players, including Bartell. I hope that the rams can make this happen.
    couldn't agree more you all are crazy if you think we don't need Lito...oh no wait how good has our secondary been over the last 2 years with Brown, King, Wade, Hill...we have been unstoppable though..hmm maybe we shouldnt? I mean you guys cant be serious..Lito comes in and is an instant #1 CB or #2 behind Bartell..If we DONT get Lito im going to be pretty disappointed.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Fahkir Brown is pot head and FA I'll take sheppard. Wade, King haven't proved anything. Hill has gone backwards in his development. The eagles defense is so good their scrap heap player is a starter on any team in the NFC or AFC west. The eagles don't want him because they have 3 great corners ahead of him one who is the second highest paid corner in the NFL. Last time i checked the Rams don't have 3 great corners. Why would the rams use a second rounder on a guy like D.J. Moore who doesn't fit the system, when we could get a 27 year old corner who knows the system, has been an all pro, and would only require a 4th rounder.
    Whats wrong with smoking a lil bud sir???/ I resent that statement... lol hahahhahahh