Wolf is offline Registered User

Lito Sheppard IS ON the Rams Radar. Could this be the trade?

It's only been 24 hours since the Philadelphia Eagles signed cornerback Asante Samuel, but they're already hearing from teams interested in trading for the cornerback Samuel replaced in the starting lineup.
    A league source tells PFT that several teams are showing preliminary interest in trading for cornerback Lito Sheppard. Those teams include the Texans, Saints, Buccaneers, Browns, Rams and Jets.
    A team can never have too many good cornerbacks, and the Eagles could choose to keep Sheppard, especially if they move right cornerback Sheldon Brown to safety. But given how much interest there is in Sheppard, it seems more likely that he'll be shipped elsewhere.

- profootballtalk

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Lito Sheppard IS ON the Rams Radar. Could this be the trade?

Sheppard's young and talented, but he's had some injury issues. He's a definite upgrade in that department for us, and Bartell can move back to safety himself, but I'm not sure that I would like what we'd have to give up to get him.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

I'm thinking it will take a 3rd to lure him over, or maybe a 4th and a player. I would pay that price for him just for the that fact he has proven to be an All-Pro and we desperately need another threat in our secondary. This would be a great move for us and he would not ask for insane money like DeAngelo Hall.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Browns have no draft picks and already have spent cash on stallworth, anderson, Lewis and have to pay Rodgers, Corey Williams, and maybe Kellen Winslow. I think they are out. It is possible for the jets, but they got revis last year and just signed Faneca to 20 mil plus in bonuses. Texans probably have the biggest need for him with Robinsons knee and no one was opposite him in the first place. Saints may pull the trigger. Bucs are trying to get Briggs and they may have the best shot. So I think it will be mostly between the Texans and us. We have the higher picks so we should be ahead by a little. WE need to pull the trigger IMO

btimsah Guest

I pray to God that we get Lito Shepard. He's exactly the kind of corner we need to put out there with Otogwe. The interesting thing is this would push Tye Hill to our nickel corner because at this point Focker Brown is better.

PHAT-MONEY Guest

why the hell are we taking so long to get a player in our uniform. day 2 is almost over and we signed a KICKER. come on make a deal Linehan.

btimsah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PHAT-MONEY View Post
    why the hell are we taking so long to get a player in our uniform. day 2 is almost over and we signed a KICKER. come on make a deal Linehan.
    Dude, you know Linehan. He's so used to living off of field goals he knew he had to have a kicker.

Wolf is offline Registered User

The Rams need to pull the trigger. I agree. I think it'll be between Texans and Rams, with wildcards being New Orleans and Tampa.

I feel that Lito Sheppard can make plays for us and energize our defense every time. I understand he missed 5 games last year and is considered "injury prone", but honestly...isn't that what football is about? everyone gets injuries. I think if the Rams want to bring spirit into our dull off-season so far, they make this deal.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

While I am anxious for something to happen the majority of the signings in the first few days are big mistakes. Over payed players and reaching for needs. I would not mind seeing Lito Shepherd but IMO while he is better then Brown and Hill I don't think he is that much better. The good thing would be he would have a low cap number and we would have three decent CB's and one could play the nickel. I just would not want to give up to much draft wise for him. I would give up more for a good OL, WR, DE, or SS but not a CB that would be a slight improvement over what we have. IMO CB would be less of a need then the other four postions mentioned.

Alec22 is offline Registered User

So as iam reading these i keep seeing Lito being reffered to as a "decent corner" and "average" etc. Lito is a top 5-10 CB in the NFL. It would take much more than a 4th and a player(iam assusuming by palyer u mean like a byrd, barron etc.) To get Lito it would probably take a 2nd, or a 3rd with a 4th. He is a top CB, good contract for us, and is easily better than brown or hill, by a mile. Iam sorry but he is an elite and should be talked about as one so that if a deal does happen people arnt sad because they think we overpayed.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Alec22 View Post
    So as iam reading these i keep seeing Lito being reffered to as a "decent corner" and "average" etc. Lito is a top 5-10 CB in the NFL. It would take much more than a 4th and a player(iam assusuming by palyer u mean like a byrd, barron etc.) To get Lito it would probably take a 2nd, or a 3rd with a 4th. He is a top CB, good contract for us, and is easily better than brown or hill, by a mile. Iam sorry but he is an elite and should be talked about as one so that if a deal does happen people arnt sad because they think we overpayed.
    The reason he won't command huge figures like that becuase the guy is injury prone. I wouldn't say he is a 5-10 corner in the league, but I would say he has the potential to be if he just stayed on the field.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

If it's "not a big trade" and "not a big deal" like has been reported, I don't think it's Lito because I consider Lito a big trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Alec22 View Post
    He's an upgrade to our corner back squad. Which is why I think he's worth getting.

There are many good posts about Lito. Yes he's injured, but as mentioned, its football. I got hurt the first year I played, its the way of the game.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

time to reopen this thread because i think it is just a matter of time before Lito is being introduced at Rams Park with a jersey for the Rams...

Him and Spags have history...Rams need a CB...he wants out...it just makes sense

Let's give away a 4th round pick for him

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

It is decidedly not the time to open this thread. If you want to start a thread about how you think the Rams should pursue Sheppard, fine. But don't reopen a thread with a misleading (and, as it turns out, entirely wrong) title just to draw attention.

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-10-2008, 05:52 PM