San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

A little Confused. . . .

Everyone is saying taking Curry, which i love, i am on the the Curry banwagon train now

But everyone is saying take him because he is the best player in the draft. If thats the case, wont you have to have a vote in there for Michael Crabtree, im not saying for the rams to choose Crabtree, im just saying there is not that many recievers like crabtree. They said at the Combine, Jerry Rice came to see Crabtree and said he is going to be a great player.

They say Crabtree has that bust factor, but so does every single player. Curry has that bust factor for us, because he is not used to playing middle linebacker, so he might not produce to our standards.

And everyone is saying we are going to take a tackle, but im always seeing in different mocks, us taking different OT's. If we are uncertain at tackles isn't that bad because we are not sure who is a bust factor?

Im just confused, i know we are NOW trying to trade our draft pick, but with our second, everyone is saying Left Tackle or curry.

I dont know, i just want to hear your responses to why we need Curry, or whichever left tackle and why is Crabtree not a safe pick. . . . . .

BARTELL IS A BEAST!!!!!

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Re: A little Confused. . . .

A tried this to take a shot at Curry addressing the Curry lover saying that hypothetically speaking that the Lions take Curry that all the Curry lover should want Crabtree because then he is the Best Player Available. But i got shot down cuz some people think Jason SMith is the 2nd best player in the draft.

Itz just why should we take Curry over a OT. We dont have a starter at OT (Barron shouldn't even be a starter). I think we can take a MLB in the middle rounds that has potential (Appleby or Brinkley) and get them in and put them at depth behind Cris Draft. Draft and Spoon could teach them.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by hill_Bartell=Probowl View Post
    Im just confused, i know we are NOW trying to trade our draft pick, but with our second, everyone is saying Left Tackle or curry.

I dont know, i just want to hear your responses to why we need Curry, or whichever left tackle and why is Crabtree not a safe pick. . . . .
    We don't know that Billy is trying to trade the pick. We really have no idea as to his intent. However, if someone wants to give up the farm to move up to #2 overall, Billy would be remiss not to listen. After all, it doesn't matter how much lipstick you put on a pig .. it's still a pig. The pig in this case being our O-line. There are very very few guys coming out of school who can start at OT in the NFL and produce from day 1. OT is IMO our most glaring need, and at #2 overall we are positioned to address it.
    Last edited by MauiRam; -04-08-2009 at 02:41 PM.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Actually, this year may be the best year ever to trade the #2 pick. This draft is weak. C'mon, where is the Adrian Peterson's? Where's the Phillip Rivers's? Where's the talent? Honestly, are the 2 OT's at the top of the draft really that good or are they the best of this group? Outside of Curry, is there really anyone out there that just wows anyone? Not me. A team may want to jump up to 2 because the pick at 15 may be too weak for the money.

The best thing that could happen for the Rams is if the Lions pick anyone BUT Curry. Use Curry as bait.

San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Actually, this year may be the best year ever to trade the #2 pick. This draft is weak. C'mon, where is the Adrian Peterson's? Where's the Phillip Rivers's? Where's the talent? Honestly, are the 2 OT's at the top of the draft really that good or are they the best of this group? Outside of Curry, is there really anyone out there that just wows anyone? Not me. A team may want to jump up to 2 because the pick at 15 may be too weak for the money.

The best thing that could happen for the Rams is if the Lions pick anyone BUT Curry. Use Curry as bait.
    Thats what im saying, are the OTS really that good, are they such a standout to where we really want them... there is no jake long in this draft, they only player is like curry or crabtree, they are the two best players in the draft
    If so, why are we contemplating about choosing them with a defensive player?

Curry, i like, but we can use him as trade bait and along with crabtree, if the Eagles wanted to trade up to get him, so donavan has a big reciever to throw to...

And sorry i misread it, it said he is "listening to offers" i misread, my bad

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

There is a very strong Curry contingent on this board, sadly it looks like it won't happen. I'm just glad I won't be as heartbroken as most people like I was last year. I haven't drank the kool aid on Curry, but if we somehow did take him I would be very happy. It just won't happen, IMO.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Doubt Curry is going to be the bait... If there was bait it might be Mark Sanchez who's stock is really hot right now

LongBlood is offline Registered User

Crabtree is the BPA as I see, and has been since he declared. A lot of people dropped him down at the combine when the injury shown up. Crabtree has the bust factor, simply because of the position he plays and how many WR's turn out to be bust, then also when you factor in the system that his production has come from, that factors in as well. I've argued before that in any given draft, there is only one real "elite" WR. To me there's a huge difference between (group 1) Fitzgerald, A. Johnson, & Calvin Johnson vs (group 2) Lee Evans, Roy Williams, Ted Ginn. I view Crabtree in the first group, n the guys after-Maclin and Co. to be more of the 2nd group. Could Crabtree turn out to be Charles Rodgers...possibly. But I'm fine with the Rams swinging for the fences and getting a bust. The O-Line should have been addressed in the previous 5 yrs IMO, but wasn't. In my book with how this draft class is, the Rams at #2 are in position to get the skill player they need and is graded there. If they go O-Line, yes they will be making up for past draft mistakes. But linemen will be there the yr after, I'd rather have a WR from group 1, vs a WR from group 2...and the concsences on the board is that everyone will be happy with either Monroe or J. Smith, and to me that's just the nature of the OT position. I just want someone at the position that gets the job done, vs the WR position where I want a player to not just get the job done...but to dominate and give defensive cordinators lots of long nights. Curry by many is the "safe pick" Monroe has the knee question, J. Smith is raw, and Crabtree..well, he's a WR.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Curry is considered the safest pick, because he has the most talent combined with the least amount of question marks of any player in the draft.

Crabtree would be there had it not been for his injury.

I've read that Monroe, who is supposedly the best Tackle overall, is not a dominate run blocker. Not really good news if this is going to be a run first offensive system.