Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: A little frustrated with Devaney

RamBamThankYouMam is offline Registered User

Re: A little frustrated with Devaney

He said countless amounts of time over the last two years that he ignored this position and that he vowed to fix it this off-season. When he waits to address back-up RB until the last FA acquisition of this off-season he is taking a different approach then what he talked about. I was very patient at the start of FA just like I have been very patient waiting for some competent play from the back-up RB.

Let me apologize to everyone, especially Devaney, for my unfair quick trigger criticisms. I jumped the gun with this thread and I realize that Devaney has done a good job filling out the depth at RB. Im still a little concerned if SJ39 goes down for more than 4 games but I think most teams have this same worry if their #1 back goes down. So once again I apologize to those who called me impatient in this thread, and most importantly I apologize to you Mr. Devaney.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamBamThankYouMam View Post
    Let me apologize to everyone, especially Devaney, for my unfair quick trigger criticisms. I jumped the gun with this thread and I realize that Devaney has done a good job filling out the depth at RB. Im still a little concerned if SJ39 goes down for more than 4 games but I think most teams have this same worry if their #1 back goes down. So once again I apologize to those who called me impatient in this thread, and most importantly I apologize to you Mr. Devaney.
    That my friend, is a thing of beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    That my friend, is a thing of beauty.
    I give credit where credit is due. I jumped the gun and I think an apology was in order.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamBamThankYouMam View Post
    No need to apologize my friend. You were only saying what many of us were thinking to ourselves.

I'm just glad that in the end Billy and the gang came through and we are now READY for some FOOTBALL!!

WHAT SAY YE?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

No worries, we've all been there.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    No worries, we've all been there.
    I can secound that!

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Devaney and Co: Bowling over haters, complainers, and naysayers one solid move after the next.

Let's see who eats crow next week.
    C-Mob 71 likes this.

[QUOTE=RAMarkable;389865]No need to apologize my friend. You were only saying what many of us were thinking to ourselves. QUOTE]

I am just happy to see the position addressed. Now I can focus my enthusiasm on the season starting. I have not been this excited for Rams football to start in nearly a decade!

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

The Rams have done their best to help SJ39 for the 2011 season. With all the moves the Rams needed to make in free agency, it's just not feasible to go out and pick up , say a Deangelo Williams type back.? At this moment in time.? It would'nt be good business. I do not think it is at the top of their list, just yet, in finding a player who will eventually replace SJ39, maybe next season.? I do not think the Rams want to splash the cash in FA, to bring in a change of pace back, when one can be draftedwho will be younger and less costly.? To pay big money to a change of pace back like Sproles may be better in the short term, but I feel it would be better business, to wait until the Rams can draft someone.?

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    The Rams have done their best to help SJ39 for the 2011 season. With all the moves the Rams needed to make in free agency, it's just not feasible to go out and pick up , say a Deangelo Williams type back.? At this moment in time.? It would'nt be good business. I do not think it is at the top of their list, just yet, in finding a player who will eventually replace SJ39, maybe next season.? I do not think the Rams want to splash the cash in FA, to bring in a change of pace back, when one can be draftedwho will be younger and less costly.? To pay big money to a change of pace back like Sproles may be better in the short term, but I feel it would be better business, to wait until the Rams can draft someone.?
    Like I said in my original post, I didn't want the Rams to get a Sproles or Bush. I was expecting this season to be a stepping stone to finding an eventual replacement for Jackson. I was just hoping the stepping stones they acquired would be able to take some pressure off Jackson. I am pretty sure the Rams have found adequate back-ups for a year or so. I agree that it is better to find an heir apparent through the draft for the Rams' long term plans. This thread was created before Cadillac was signed so I was a little more sour than I am right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12