Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Long nearing a deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
    Whether it be Dorsey, Long or Gholston, I can breathe a HUGE sigh of relief with Jake not being available to us. I will be totally satisfied with anyone we take in that position and I won't have to be stressed leading up to draft day.

I'm curious as to where this undue bias against Jake Long stems from?

Legitimately, he's right behind McFadden as the best play in this class, and if he were to fall (I'd be more than happy if he were to) he'd fill a gian need for the Rams. We were decimated along the OL last season, and Jake Long allowed but two sacks in his entire collegiate career. I would love it if we selected Jake Long, equally as much as if we selected Chris Long.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I'm still hoping for a trade down, but with Jake almost signed, that almost certainly eliminates KC as a potential trading partner.

What's eerily strange about Chris Long is, I've heard of no other team even hinting a trade up to get him. That makes me nervous.

Could we be the only team apparently in love with this guy?

keith m. klink Guest

Whatif he's a real bust , ya know . Maybe all the football people are just being nice to the guy for being HOWIE's kid . HE could just be o.k and getting all kinds of hype to get him drafted high . Let's do what that guy somewhere said DRAFT MCFADDEN and have a RAMS 1-2 punch . this could be the GREATEST TRACK MEET on TURF .

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    Maybe all the football people are just being nice to the guy for being HOWIE's kid . HE could just be o.k and getting all kinds of hype to get him drafted high.
    I can't see that any team would be willing to pay a player $30 odd million dollars for the simple purpose of being nice, even if they know he's a bust.

Surprisingly, it seems that "being nice" and sending your franchise into repeated fits of fiscal epilepsy are two entirely different entities.

Is there any other way to be nice? Perhpas they could send him a Christmas Card?

Quote Originally Posted by kieth m. klink
    Let's do what that guy somewhere said DRAFT MCFADDEN and have a RAMS 1-2 punch . this could be the GREATEST TRACK MEET on TURF .
    Yes, the greatest track meet on turf...with no sufficient blocking, rendering it harmless a sedated kitten.... coupled with the fact that there's no concievable way for them to see the field, anyway, as without a pass rush, the defense is unable to get off of it. I can't see this working, either.

Here's the latest from Adam Schefter via Rotoworld

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Schefter
    As to reports the Dolphins are nearing an agreement with Jake Long, NFL Network's Adam Schefter says the sides are "closer," but wouldn't characterize them as "close."
    Schefter says talks will continue and the Dolphins hope to have a deal laid out by Saturday. He adds that if Long and Miami can't come to terms, they may also have a hard time signing a fallback option like Matt Ryan or Vernon Gholston because all three have the same agents.
    Last edited by Bar-bq; -04-22-2008 at 05:26 AM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I'm still hoping for a trade down, but with Jake almost signed, that almost certainly eliminates KC as a potential trading partner.

What's eerily strange about Chris Long is, I've heard of no other team even hinting a trade up to get him. That makes me nervous.

Could we be the only team apparently in love with this guy?
    I would be more concerned if legitimate interest information HAD leaked out.

btw, fortu, have you heard the 180 degree takes on your boy, VG? Scott Wright said (as reported exclusively here at the Clan) his sources say VG is a Ram; Peter King said (as reported at SI.com) his sources say VG is anything BUT a Ram. These reports coming within mere hours of each other.

I tell you, amigo, I don't know if it's night or day this time of year.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

McFadden. The Rams just have to draft McFadden.

Rambos is offline Registered User

If the Rams draft McFadden that would be worse then Ginn last year.

thoey is offline Registered User

This space for rent...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12