CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

A look back at last years draft!

My thoughts at last years draft

Rd Sel# Player Pos. Ht. Wt. School
    1 19 Barron, Alex OT 6-7 320 Florida State
    -after a slow start with a injury and trouble with Mike Martz, he rebounded well to establish himself as a solid starter at the line. Grade: B+
    2 50 Bartell, Ronald CB 6-1 208 Howard
    -he definitely showed some potential and usually played ok when he was in the lineup. Showed a lot of heart but wasn't too impressive for a second rounder just yet. Should contend for #2 spot at CB this year Grade: B-
    3 66 Atogwe, Oshiomogho FS 5-11 203 Stanford
    -he started out slow, playing poorly when he was in ST, and didnt get too much PT. didnt tackle too well when he did but showed some bright spots in houston and dallas. Grade: C+
    3 81 Incognito, Richie C 6-3 305 Nebraska
    -didnt sign for a while then after one practise, he was out for the year. disappointing to say the least. Grade: D
    4 117 Carter, Jerome SS 5-11 219 Florida State
    -he played more than a lot of our rookies but played poorly when he did. just didnt look ready as he missed tons of tackles. Grade: C-
    4 134 Terrell, Claude G 6-2 343 New Mexico
    -didnt play too much but did play adequately when he did. got pushed around a bit by opposing players though. Grade: C+
    5 144 Collins, Jerome TE 6-4 267 Notre Dame
    -played in three games very briefly and spent time on the PS. didnt do lot this year even with our TE situation. Grade: D+
    6 192 Ridgeway, Dante WR 5-11 212 Ball State
    -got cut and plays for the jets now. Grade: D-
    6 210 Hodges, Reggie P 6-0 226 Ball State
    -played very inconsistently, had one good game in the regular season but got cut and got replaced by barker. Grade: D
    7 250 Fitzpatrick, Ryan QB 6-2 221 Harvard
    -had amazing game against texans then played horribly the next three games. however, the texans game showed us how good he could be and could the backup next year. Grade: C+
    7 251 Hedgecock, Madison FB 6-3 266 North Carolina
    -the steal of the draft for us. turned out he is a played solid starter in the NFL. pretty good blocking and caught a few passes as well. a pleasant surprise Grade: A-

again a pretty good draft, but only time will tell more.

ramsfan12345 is offline Registered User

Re: A look back at last years draft!

new here...nice post...agree with a lot of your comments...well i am actually his cousin so hey guys.

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

I disagree with Incognito. We signed him for the future, not the next season. He was hurt when we drafted him and he tried to get back out there. I respect his dedication and his willigness to play.

I cant wait to see him out on the field.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

agree with RJ39 and the same can be said about Collins; we knew he would be a developmental prospect with only 1 yr at the position in collage

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I agree, but I did hear about Incognito's talent, and theres a reason why he's still on the team, he looks like a good addition to me, once he plays ofcourse..

CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

i meant directly at only last years season...sorry there
    incognito will probably develop into a pretty good player i think as well.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRam!
    1 19 Barron, Alex OT 6-7 320 Florida State
    -after a slow start with a injury and trouble with Mike Martz, he rebounded well to establish himself as a solid starter at the line. Grade: B+
    I'd probably grade this pick an A-, especially when you consider that he played to the level at which he's capable. I was happy when we picked him, I'm happy now.

2 50 Bartell, Ronald CB 6-1 208 Howard
    -he definitely showed some potential and usually played ok when he was in the lineup. Showed a lot of heart but wasn't too impressive for a second rounder just yet. Should contend for #2 spot at CB this year Grade: B-
    Probably a reach in the second round, but he definitely belongs on an NFL roster. If he can't figure coverages out, he at least would have some potential at safety if he can figure tackling out. B- is about right for the pick -- a reach, but a guy who will end up playing for us.

3 66 Atogwe, Oshiomogho FS 5-11 203 Stanford
    -he started out slow, playing poorly when he was in ST, and didnt get too much PT. didnt tackle too well when he did but showed some bright spots in houston and dallas. Grade: C+
    I'm not sure that we couldn't have had more value at this pick. He doesn't look like a bust, which is good, but I'm not sure we couldn't have gotten someone who contributes a little bit more.

3 81 Incognito, Richie C 6-3 305 Nebraska
    -didnt sign for a while then after one practise, he was out for the year. disappointing to say the least. Grade: D
    Risky pick that was, again, probably a reach. He has tons of talent and I didn't mind the risk at the time. I still don't, even though he still doesn't seem to have his head screwed on properly. I'd feel better about this pick if it were a 4th or 5th rounder, but it's not the worst gamble to take either. Grade: Incomplete.

4 117 Carter, Jerome SS 5-11 219 Florida State
    -he played more than a lot of our rookies but played poorly when he did. just didnt look ready as he missed tons of tackles. Grade: C-
    Spot on, except the grade might be a little too high IMO. Apparently he's the next great thing at OLB.

4 134 Terrell, Claude G 6-2 343 New Mexico
    -didnt play too much but did play adequately when he did. got pushed around a bit by opposing players though. Grade: C+
    I think I disagree with your observation here more than anywhere else. First, he got a lot of PT, especially for a 4th round pick. Second, while he got pushed around, he did a fair amount of pushing himself. Third, he looks like he'll be a good lineman when he gets in better shape and learns better technique. He demonstrated as much or more potential than any draft pick after Barron, IMO. For the 134th pick, the Rams did a nice job here. I'd grade the choice with a B.

5 144 Collins, Jerome TE 6-4 267 Notre Dame
    -played in three games very briefly and spent time on the PS. didnt do lot this year even with our TE situation. Grade: D+
    Another reach, I thought. But another INC.

6 192 Ridgeway, Dante WR 5-11 212 Ball State
    -got cut and plays for the jets now. Grade: D-
    I thought this was a bizzare pick when we made it. WR was (and is) the deepest position on the team. Why not take a flier on a lineman, defensive player, KR, or potential ST contributor here? Worst pick of the draft, even considering the one that comes next. Grade: F.

6 210 Hodges, Reggie P 6-0 226 Ball State
    -played very inconsistently, had one good game in the regular season but got cut and got replaced by barker. Grade: D
    He had a good game? I must have missed it. I have no problem with the Rams taking a chance on a punter here. I have a problem with them sticking with him for so many games when it was evident he wasn't ready. I like the overall grade though.

7 250 Fitzpatrick, Ryan QB 6-2 221 Harvard
    -had amazing game against texans then played horribly the next three games. however, the texans game showed us how good he could be and could the backup next year. Grade: C+
    For a 7th round pick, we got pretty good value. He has a lot to learn, but he's a smart player and has good physical tools. It's open whether or not Linehan will stick with him, but I can't fault the Rams or Martz on this pick. I'd grade it as a B -- how often do you get a guy who belongs on an NFL roster as a QB in the 7th round? (Probably more than I think.)

7 251 Hedgecock, Madison FB 6-3 266 North Carolina
    -the steal of the draft for us. turned out he is a played solid starter in the NFL. pretty good blocking and caught a few passes as well. a pleasant surprise Grade: A-
    Second best pick of the draft for us.

again a pretty good draft, but only time will tell more.
    I like the beginning and end of this draft. I'm very lukewarm about the middle. At worst, though, it looks like we've added some guys who can provide depth. The problem is that we needed our current starters to be the depth in most cases. I'd grade the overall draft as a B-.