IsaacBruceFan80 is offline Registered User

Looking more and more Like Cutler will be a Ram

In about 70 percent of the mocks I have seen and participated in myself,Jay Cutler continues to end up with the Rams at 11. A few have Arizona taking him at ten,but most have Az taking Sims. ESPN did a 2 hour mock special tonight and once again the pick for the Rams was Cutler. Sean Salisbury(whom I dispise) said that Bulger's contract is up in 07 which would be perfect for Cutler to come in and learn under Marc. Apparently according to several folks,Linehan doesn't see Bulger as a long term guy in his offense and while the priority in the free agent market was clearly defense,the draft is where Linehan will put his mark on this team with QB Jay Cutler in round one and likely TE Leonard Pope in round 2. Welcome to the new era of Rams football folks.....I'm willing to give coach the benefit of the doubt and if that means getting "his guys" in the system,then hey I'm all for it. We believed in him enough to give him the job....now lets let him do it.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Looking more and more Like Cutler will be a Ram

Anyone that saw the Ram defense last year knows this is a longshot. The Rams have everybody fooled IMO.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I wouldn't draw the conclusion that because some people have us selecting him in their mocks, that means he's the likely choice. The rumors about Cutler have been picking up, therefore the mocks reflect it. The mock in general is a very fickle thing. People hear a rumor, and blam it's in the mock.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Don Banks, SI, also has the Rams taking Cutler.

AND he has Matt Leinart going 10th !!!10th!

I'd take this stuff with a grain of salt. How in the hell does Matt Leinart last till 10th.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Yeah, I've seen all kinds of scenarios in the Mocks at some point: Davis, Hawk, Young, Cutler, Ngata, Bunkley, Sims, Greenway, Lawson, J. Williams, Huff, Hill...

People read each other's drafts and re-use the justifications. On fantasyfootballjungle.com, Jimmy Williams has been our most common pick out of over a 1,000 different drafts updated within the last two weeks. Does that mean I think we'll take him? No. I see a number of good options for us, but I don't consider Cutler one of them. I'd consider QB as low priority a need as OT, WR, FB, and K right now; and I'd be be disappointed if we addressed any of those positions on the first day.
    Last edited by Goldenfleece; -04-28-2006 at 09:26 AM.

Ideally,I'd like to see the Rams jump a few spots to 8 and grab either Michael Huff or if by some reason Vernon Davis were still there ...take him. That being said I don't think that Cutler would be the end all for this team that a lot of folks here are making it out to be. Bulger is a good quarterback,no question . However if he doesn't fit what the coach forsees in his offense,then now is absolutely the time for him to get the main cog in his stable to have a year or 2 to learn this system. The Rams have addressed a lot of Defensive needs already and lemme say this folks....the biggest move of the offseason was DUMPING Larry Marmie who was garbage from day one and replacing him with a true talent at def coordinator. That alone will make some of the guys you thought were hopeless,suddenly begin living up to the potential that got them here in the first place. I don't think anyone here can realistically say the Rams are only a defensive player away from being a super bowl team so if the coach feels like this guy is the perfect tool to run his offense,I certainly won't question him. That's what we hired him for people!!!

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I'd like to officially nominate this thread as:

The 2006 "Most Misleading Thread Title Award" Recipient

It is most certainly not "looking more and more like Cutler will be a Ram." First of all, I disagree that he is the most common choice for the Rams in mock drafts. More importantly, even if he was, so what?

There's a reason why the word "mock" is in the term "mock draft."

(for those who don't know, its to distinguish them from the ACTUAL draft)

LOL....Easy there Avenger....It was just an observation based on what is out there the most on draft eve. In RECENT drafts...meaning the last 5 days...Cutler is the most common choice on most boards for the Rams at 11. I think everybody knows you can take mock drafts for what they are worth. My point was just that if the reports turn out to be true,that people shouldn't just flip out like they have been. It's not like we are drafting Sam Bowie instead of Michael Jordan here. I think Coach has an idea of what he wants for the offense and if it's Jay Cutler,then I say GO GET HIM COACH!

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

:clanram:

With all the weak areas on the D... I just can't imagine the Rams taking a QB. Hopefully, this is just a smoke screen.

On the other hand given the failure rate of potential high impact first round drafts, maybe you take guy with a lot of upside early. If you believe the pundits, the only real impact players may be gone by the 5th or 8th picks, which could mean that Lineham could take Cutler and still get one or two decent selections later on.

I guess I would be OK with that choice, but it sure would make me question Lineham's thinking process.

The good news is that we will all be able to critique the picks on Sat and Sun night.

majorram is offline Registered User

man I'm feed up with mock drafts!!!!! the Cutler thing is all smoke!!! our D has many holes still to fill and I still think that Bunkley will be the pick if hes there... well we won't have to wait to long to find out!!

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacBruceFan80
    It's not like we are drafting Sam Bowie instead of Michael Jordan here.
    From some reports I have heard that don't like Cutler, it would be exactly like drafting Bowie over Jordan.

Mock drafts are just that, MOCK. So to say it's looking more like anything is misleading.

The more that Linehan talks up Cutler leads me to believe that we won't take him and it's just a smokescreen.

Next year is the year to pick up a QB, not this year.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

theodus69 is offline Registered User

my bad, rules are rules. I bow to you old great one Nick!
    Last edited by theodus69; -04-28-2006 at 04:07 PM.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Come on rams bruce.....Do you honestly think that if we don't take jimmy williams or Ngota or Tye Hill or Ernie Sims and we take Cutler instead that we screwed ourselves out of the best player to ever play the game...ala Bowie over Jordan.......come on man. I never once in any of these posts said that I thought we should go and get cutler....All I've said was I support our coach and just because he may go a direction that is not favorable to the Rams Nation .doesn't mean we should cast the evil eye and scorn the dude before they ever coach a game. I'm behind the coach....that's it....Man....did some of you guys used to be Jets fans or something...hahahahaha.....I understand it when they are freaking out like they do over every pick....(like they will when they pass on Leinert) but I think the masses here need to give the coach the benefit of the doubt if he does go with Cutler. Don't tear him down before he gets the chance....or else why did we hire him.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacBruceFan80
    Come on rams bruce.....Do you honestly think that if we don't take jimmy williams or Ngota or Tye Hill or Ernie Sims and we take Cutler instead that we screwed ourselves out of the best player to ever play the game...ala Bowie over Jordan.......come on man. I never once in any of these posts said that I thought we should go and get cutler....All I've said was I support our coach and just because he may go a direction that is not favorable to the Rams Nation .doesn't mean we should cast the evil eye and scorn the dude before they ever coach a game. I'm behind the coach....that's it....Man....did some of you guys used to be Jets fans or something...hahahahaha.....I understand it when they are freaking out like they do over every pick....(like they will when they pass on Leinert) but I think the masses here need to give the coach the benefit of the doubt if he does go with Cutler. Don't tear him down before he gets the chance....or else why did we hire him.
    When did I say I wasn't behind Linehan? I just said in another post he deserves time to build his team.

Also I just said that some reports I heard that don't like Cutler think he will be a bust, so it very well could be like Bowie Jordan. I never said it, it's what I heard. I've heard all the positives about Cutler, I wanted to hear some negatives on him. Right now I'm taking everything with a grain of salt good or bad because no one knows.

I do know this, if we take Cutler over some of those guys you mentioned we did screw ourselves at least a little because we need defensive help NOW, we can wait until next year for a QB. We already have 4 QBs on the roster, how many do we need? Next year is the year to look at a QB, not now.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE