Rookie is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

Looks like there is a chance to get Ike back.

Get a great vet who can train our young guys. Ike is one of the best route runners. Not to mention the huge public love affair that would create.

Per KFFL

***** | Want Bruce decision soon
    Sat, 21 Mar 2009 05:52:28 -0700

Matthew Barrows, of the Sacramento Bee, reports San Francisco ***** head coach Mike Singletary said there was no resolution yet with regards to the future of WR Isaac Bruce but that he'd like a decision from Bruce by April 1.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Looks like there is a chance to get Ike back.

Can someone please clarify. Bruce signed a two year deal. Is singletary saying he wants bruce to decide if he is going to retire or is there a financial issue at stake.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Hmm. I don't think we get him back. If we do, its so he can retire as a Ram, I really don't expect to see him playing for us next year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

Please Let it G0000000000!! 99-01 is almost a Decade 0ld let it go! Bruce will most likely Not play on a Field in 09. it's almost like Jordan,Ali,Elvis,2pac or even the Attitude days of WWE. you have to L.I.G (let it go!) Besides I wouldn't won't him back after he Sold 0ut by wearing not 0nly a whiners jersey! but even because he wore 88!!!.... let's just go out there and found a 21 year old Bruce, Easier said than done but so what!
    Last edited by rams 24/7; -03-21-2009 at 02:52 PM.

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams 24/7 View Post
    Please Let it G0000000000!! 99-01 is almost a Decade 0ld let it go! Bruce will most likely Not play on a Field in 09. it's almost like Jordan,Ali,Elvis,2pac or even the Attitude days of WWE. you have to L.I.G (let it go!) Besides I wouldn't won't him back after he Sold 0ut by wearing not 0nly a whiners jersey! but even because he wore 88!!!.... let's just go out there and found a 21 year old Bruce, Easier said than done but so what!
    This is what i don't get, why is it that he sold out? Yes he went to a rival team but thats because Martz was there, who he had a solid relationship with. He was a FA (because WE cut him) and he signed with a team that offered him a contract, HOW DARE HE!!

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

1) 99 seems like yesterday to me.

2) We can't cut a player for business reasons and then expect loyalty from that player. Rams did what they thought was best for the team and Bruce did what he thought was best for him. I wish him success... just not against us.

3) Logically I would only want Bruce back to retire but I would hard pressed not to tear up to see him in the end zone once again wearing the blue and gold.

4) Elvis and 2pac aren't dead... they are working on a album together in a small basement studio in Liverpool.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Can someone please clarify. Bruce signed a two year deal. Is singletary saying he wants bruce to decide if he is going to retire or is there a financial issue at stake.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    A while back I remember reading that Bruce was contemplating retirement. Don't know if money was an issue, if it was, it wasn't mentioned in what I read. The whiners do not appear in danger of appearing in a Superbowl this year, and Ike only has one year remaining on his contract, so it isn't much of a stretch to imagine he might wish to become a full time reverend at this juncture ..

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Even though he is old Bruce is still productive. It is a common misconception that he is washed up and can't play. Ike had more TD's than Torry Holt and Donie Avery had combined last year. IF he leaves the whiners than I think he would be the logical choice to come in and be our veteran presence. Even if he is rightly bitter at the Rams, i think it would be an easy sell seeing as how we have gotten rid of all the slugs who made the bad decision to release Mr. Ram. Sorry but I'll never forget the way I felt watching Bruce tear us up in a Niner jersey and I certainly wont forget how I felt watching him when he, Torry, Marshall, and Kurt tore it up for us. Those are memories you don't forget or let go. And too call him a sell out is ridiculous. Our FO were morons that lied to him. Dont you remember "Mr 24/7" two years ago when we pulled the release and resign crap on Ike? Did you really think we cold do it again? If anyone was a sell out it was the people who promised him he would get his money if he would restructure two years ago. I guess I'm not letting it go because he still would have been the best receiver on our team.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

With Loserhan gone, zyggy and shaw ousted, he just might come back.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

If the price was right. I'd be all over this.

1) It's freaking Isaac Bruce!

2) He'd be the best route runner & clutch reciever we have. How could you not want Bruce to throw to on a must convert 3rd down?

3) He had more yards, TPC & TDs than Holt or anyone on our current roster had last year.

4) He has at least one, maybe two productive years left in the tank.

5) It's freaking Isaac Bruce!

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post

4) He has at least one, maybe two productive years left in the tank.

5) It's freaking Isaac Bruce!
    Are you sure its only 1 or 2 good years left he is turning 37 this year and it seems like people have said that about him for the last seven years starting in 2002. Bruce is amazing how productive he has been for so many years. When he is healthy he is unbelievable. With that said I am 50/50 on him coming back. We need to move on from the past. But we could use a veteran WR to go with our three young WR's. I prefer Hackett but if the FO thinks Bruce is the best fit veteran and money wise I would welcome him back.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    Are you sure its only 1 or 2 good years left he is turning 37 this year and it seems like people have said that about him for the last seven years starting in 2002. Bruce is amazing how productive he has been for so many years. When he is healthy he is unbelievable.
    I was thinking the same thing as I wrote that. How many years now have we been saying he only has a year or two left. I love it that he is defying the odds and proving us wrong.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

If the whiners are waiting on an announcement from Ike about retirement and he says he wants to play, he's still under contract with them. It seems like a lot of things would have to happen before we could even think about gettiing the opportunity to bring him back.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Besides I wouldn't won't him back after he Sold 0ut by wearing not 0nly a whiners jersey! but even because he wore 88!!!....
    i think this team was the one that sold out..