general counsel Guest

Looks to me like jammal brown.....

Has the best shot to be a ram IF the lions dont take alex barron at #10. I fear that if they do, brown wont make it past the texans at #13. I see a number of people saying the saints might take brown ahead of us as well. A trade up is another risk.

any thoughts from the group?

general counsel

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Looks to me like jammal brown.....

As much as I want to see Brown in horns, I don't want to trade up to get him. Most years there's value in trading up, but not this year. The most "valued" picks this year are the last third of round 1 through the 1st half of round 3, IMHO. If Brown is gone, I won't be happy, but I can live with Barnes at #19. He is a bit of a risk, but he is does have great upside. If we can get another 2nd or 3rd out of someone to move down 4 or 5 spots, that would be alright too. Barnes would still be there in the mid-20s. But I really don't want to move up.

As far as the Lions, Texans, and Saints.
    1. I'm as sure that the Saints will go D in the 1st, as I am the Chiefs will go D in the 1st.
    2. The Texans will take Barron. Mark it in your book.
    3. The Lions...that's the wild card. I think they're going after one of the top pass rushers, instead of pass blockers, but you never know.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I completely agree with you, bison. I'd love to have Brown, but if he's gone, there are a number of other ways we could go at #19 - a defensive back, for instance. Brodney Pool and Justin Miller should both be available at #19, and I'd take either if Brown isn't there rather than try to trade up for him. If we're going to try and trade up, why not try to trade up and get Barron or Derrick Johnson or another borderline top ten player?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

general counsel Guest

Will the texans take brown if the lions take baron?

general counsel

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

The Texans may, or the Panthers may.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

ramstiles is offline Registered User

I thought the texans wanted a left tacle Brown projects as a right tackle I think if barron goes to the lions the texans will select someone else I don't think they would take barnes.

Either way if the tacles are gone when we pick there will be someone else who dropped. We should stay put or possible drop lower. The value in the draft is from the bottom third of the first round to the third round.

Possibly we should trade into the third or second round from our later picks

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Will the texans take brown if the lions take baron?

general counsel
    I think they do. It would mean their LT would either be incumbent Seth Wand or RT Todd Wade. Strangely enough, I think (strictly my opinion here) that the Lions are more likely to take Brown and leave Barron for the Texans. The scouts say that Brown is ONLY projected to play RT, and Barron is most likely confined to LT. The Lions have an LT in Jeff Backus that is pretty solid, so if they go OT, they may actually make Brown the first OL off the board.

However, I'm sticking with DE for the Lions.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod