Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By RockinRam
  • 1 Post By lostsoul
  • 1 Post By RockinRam

Thread: Luck Might Be Available When Rams Draft; #2 Pick Should Garner Trading Options

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Luck Might Be Available When Rams Draft; #2 Pick Should Garner Trading Options

The chances are slim right now, but the way I see it, The Colts might very well go in a different route than the conventional "draft Luck".

Since Bill and Chris Polian are out, and Caldwell is on his way out, the future mentality and scheme of the Colts is up in the air.

Since with the emergence of Cam Newton and Tim Tebow, and Vick's revival, the want for an athletic dual-threat quarterback has skyrocketed. Traditional pocket passers are not the main concern anymore.

The Colts might very well draft Robert Griffin III.

After individual workouts, and the combine, Griffin might very well grade as high, if not higher than Andrew Luck.

Griffin has superb arm strength and accuracy.
    Griffin is a very smart passer who understands the game.
    Griffin has an athletic edge. He could very well pass for a running back when scrambling.
    Griffin is a winner, and he raises the playing level of everyone around him.

Don't count out Griffin as the #1 overall pick.

If that happens, Andrew Luck would fall to our spot, and trade options would be plentiful. Luck is a Mike Shanahan type of QB, and the Redskins would break the bank to get Luck. The Browns would love to get at Luck, and so would the Dolphins, where Luck would remind fans of a Dan Marino incarnation.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Luck Might Be Available When Rams Draft; #2 Pick Should Garner Trading Options

No chance... but I heard you say it first. I'm starting to think RG3 could get us two first Rd picks though...

DE_Ramfan is online now Registered User

Re: Luck Might Be Available When Rams Draft; #2 Pick Should Garner Trading Options

I'm not sure how much we'd really get for him. Ideally we'd want to go down no further than 4th but there's no real incentive for them to trade up knowing that the Rams and the Vikes have their QBs. If they were desperate or paranoid we might get something.

Rambos is offline Registered User

The Browns have two first Rd picks... they could swap their fourth for our second and give us their second first round pick that is around 25. I think that could happen....

I honestly think Griffin could become a better prospect than Luck by the time the draft comes around. This isn't some far-out, potheaded thought. Luck is a great talent for sure, but Griffin is not getting the attention he deserves. He might even be a safer draft pick than Luck.

With us at #2 and Luck still available, teams who covet Luck or Kalil could make the jump. Kalil would make a viable option for Minnesota, and if teams believe the gap between Kalil and Jonathan Martin is substantial, they could make a play for #2.

And as I stated earlier, there will be teams garnering for Luck if he's still available.
    lostsoul likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I doubt it but I've been thinking the same thing. If I was the Colts, I'd take Griffin. I've never seen a guy so electric at the QB position. Ironically, he actually has an amazing arm and is extremely intelligent. I think hes the best prospect in a while, and after the combine (running) and practice sessions, he will only go up.

RamSoup is offline Registered User

Not a chance RG3 gets drafted before Luck, what makes you believe he's a better prospect and a safer pick? The fact he's from Baylor and you reside in Texas? While I believe RG3 is a beast, but Luck is one of the highest regarded QB prospects to come out in the last 25 years.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

Im with you on RG3. He has one of the most accurate deep throws i've ever seen (Better than Luck)

Everyone keeps comparing him to Cam and Tebow and Vick but i think he's in his own category, This accurate of a passer with his athleticism is unheard of.
    RockinRam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RamSoup View Post
    Not a chance RG3 gets drafted before Luck, what makes you believe he's a better prospect and a safer pick? The fact he's from Baylor and you reside in Texas? While I believe RG3 is a beast, but Luck is one of the highest regarded QB prospects to come out in the last 25 years.
    Let me demolish your false accusation here.

Yes I reside in Texas. However, I go to a school that hates anything to do with Baylor. Even with that mentality, I've watched RGIII play, and play against us no less, and he's a first-class talent.

Don't get me wrong, I love Luck. He might be the next Peyton Manning. But then again, Sam Bradford was supposed to be the next Troy Aikman, and next year Matt Barkley will be named the next John Elway or something.

Griffin is a safer pick in my mind mainly because of his athleticism. He could basically play running back. He is that fast, elusive, agile, and he sees running lanes and angles.

With that talent, if he gets drafted to a team with a bad o-line, he has the talent to prevail over that than Andrew Luck, who is not the most athletic QB in the world.

People instantly condone this idea that Griffin will never be drafted ahead of Luck, mainly because the media has hyped Luck up so much, he's practically a household name now and many don't even know his pros and cons.

In the end, it all depends on schemes, and who you feel better developing a team around. Obviously with a QB like Griffin, it gives you so much more versatility, and you don't have to compensate like you usually have to with an athletic QB who can't throw (Vince Young), because Griffin is a terrific passer.

Luck and Griffin IMO, are 1a and 1b, NOT 1 and 2.
    Last edited by RockinRam; -01-03-2012 at 12:07 AM.
    lostsoul likes this.