Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Mabye I'm a little insane

I will not disagree with the fact that our defensive line needs some serious help on the insde. I do believe that we need to target someone in the higher rounds so that we get a good quality guy. Let's face it though, we are having problems everywhere on defense. Espically versus the run, and I know that everyone has been saying that a defensive tackle will take up running lanes and stop the run. I agree with that, but let's face it, sometimes the running back will cut outside and make it up to the Linebackers. Or sometimes the linebackers will be forced to cover. With this said I think that we need to upgrade the MLB. Witherspoon is great, but it just isn't his natural position. He would better serve us playing OLB.

So here is what I am proposing. Since we have had troubles trying to draft quality first round defensive tackles in the past, mabye we should take a MLB first round. Then second round we go after a quality tackle. Unless of course there is a great talent there that we know will work out for us. Then I wouldn't mind if we went DT then MLB. What do you guys think? Am I just a fool throwing out a random idea or is it plausable?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Mabye I'm a little insane

It all depends on where we end up in the draft order. Today's win likely drops us from the eight spot further down the list, making an inside linebacker like Willis a better option while removing the possibility of taking elite D-linemen like Branch or Adams.

Since you mentioned a tackle in round two, an interesting second round D-line prospect that I like would be Justin Harrell (DT) out of Tennessee.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Re: Mabye I'm a little insane

Let's say that we win next week and end up 8-8. So i'm guessing we'd be picking in the range of 12-16 depending on how the other teams end up. Would you have us pick a MLB in the first and a DT in the second or the other way around?

What would you do if we lost next week and end up 7-9 picking around 10-14 range? And as the draft approaches who are you eyeing for each senario?(just list if we were picking MLB first and NT in the second and then the other way around)