Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The man with the Plan Zia's One and Only Ram's Final Mock Draft

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

The man with the Plan Zia's One and Only Ram's Final Mock Draft

Pick # 16: Tavon Austin WR West Virginia The man with the Plan Zia's One and Only Ram's Final Mock Draft-tavon.jpg Austin burst into Heisman contention during his senior season with a 572 all-purpose yard (second most in FBS history) performance against Oklahoma on national television. Austin's full repertoire was on display, as he caught 4 passes for 82 yards, rushed 21 times for 344 yards and two touchdowns, and 146 kick return yards. His senior season saw him total career highs in y.f.s. (1932), all receiving categories (112-1289-12 TDs), and rushing (72-643-3 TDs), as well as 978 return yards and two touchdowns. His dominating play saw him finish eighth in Heisman voting, win the Paul Hornung Award (most versatile player), and garner a first-team All-America as an All-Purpose player.
    Pick #22: Matt Elam SS Florida The man with the Plan Zia's One and Only Ram's Final Mock Draft-matt-elam.jpg During that first year, Elam recorded 22 tackles primarily on the kickoff coverage unit while also being one of the first defensive backs off the bench all season, primarily in the nickel role. As a sophomore, Elam took a big step forward and was one of five Gators to start all 13 games in 2011. Playing the strong safety spot, Elam led the team in tackles for loss (11), pass breakups (seven) and forced fumbles (two). Elam kept his starting strong safety spot in 2012, compiling 76 total tackles, once again making 11 of them for a loss. He added two sacks, one forced fumble, and four interceptions.
    Pick #46 Second Round: Arthur Brown OLB Kansas State The man with the Plan Zia's One and Only Ram's Final Mock Draft-arthur.jpg He didn't get much of a chance to play during his two years with the Hurricanes, getting in 23 contests (with no starts) and making just 17 tackles. Brown then redshirted his first season in Manhattan as a transfer student before starting all 13 games as a team captain in 2011. Named the Big 12 Defensive Newcomer of the Year and first-team all-conference pick that same season, he racked up 101 tackles, 9.5 for loss, on the year. Against Baylor, Brown intercepted Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback Robert Griffin III to set up the Wildcats' game-winning field goal -- it was the only second-half interception RG3 threw all season. His success continued in 2012, as Brown started every game at either inside or outside linebacker, amassing 100 total tackles, seven for loss, including one sack. He added four pass breakups and two interceptions, one of which came against West Virginia's Geno Smith, the Mountaineer's first of the season. Brown was set to participate in the Senior Bowl, but an injury kept him off the field. Pick # 78 Third Round: Le"Veon Bell RB Michigan State The man with the Plan Zia's One and Only Ram's Final Mock Draft-leveon.jpg
    In his junior season, Bell had the backfield all to himself, and the Spartans certainly got the most out of him. Bell carried the football 382 times, en route to rushing for 1,793 yards and 12 touchdowns, earning himself numerous postseason accolades.

Strengths

Big, bruising back with power in his lower body but lighter feet than you'd expect give his size. North-south runner effective in one and two-back sets. Strong cuts and a nice burst out of them makes him capable of breaking off big runs when the hole is available. Sets up defenders in the open field to cut away. Flashes some stop-start ability and shake in space that freezes oncoming defenders. Pushes piles with lower body strength. Can lower his pads for contact, churn through tackle attempts to become difficult to bring down due to second and third efforts. Wiggles and pushes through traffic inside to get the extra yard after it looks as though he's stopped. Possesses a spin move to come off tackles at the second level, maintains balance to keep on moving or at least fall forward for an extra couple of yards. Uses a strong stiff arm in space, as well. Agile enough to jump over defenders trying to cut him down in the open field. Used in Wildcat formation in the red zone. Decent receiver out of the backfield. Pick # 113 Round 4: Bacarri Rambo FS Georgia Many teams have searched for interchangeable safeties in the hopes of adding more versatility to their defense. Rambo is strictly a center-field, ball-hawking free safety, but he fills that role very well and would complement any strong safety who thrives moving toward the line of scrimmage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The man with the Plan Zia's One and Only Ram's Final Mock Draft-rambo.jpg  
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -04-22-2013 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Stupid Windows 8 doesnt work well with site :(

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: The man with the Plan Zia's One and Only Ram's Final Mock Draft

It's not bad. I prefer some other players, but you did nail the positions of need pretty well here. But I do doubt Arthur Brown lasts until the 2nd round. The last time the Ravens took an undersized athletic sideline-to-sideline LB he turned out pretty damn good.
    ZiaRam likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Not a bad at all, still I feel that we almost have to take a OG at this point due to our issues at the position. Depth is a real concern. I feel we can pick up a more than capable WR in the 2nd round.
    ZiaRam likes this.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

i could live with it without any problems. My fav picks are Elam, Rambo and Bell. would love all three. If Brown is there at 46 he'd be a great pick. Not sold on Austin but if we grab him i won't complain, he could be an nfl stud.

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!
    ZiaRam likes this.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Nice Mock Zia! Each pick fills a position of need, some are a bit optimistic but not by a stretch. If the Rams find two of these players we should be in good shape, but I have a feeling that they could actually surprise us with a skill player if they've done their homework on a prospect i.e. App.St Brian Quick.
    ZiaRam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    It's not bad. I prefer some other players, but you did nail the positions of need pretty well here. But I do doubt Arthur Brown lasts until the 2nd round. The last time the Ravens took an undersized athletic sideline-to-sideline LB he turned out pretty damn good.
    I have only seen ONE mock draft with Arthur Brown going in the first out of them all but I agree with you that the Ravens will be looking at him. The reason I think he slips is they have lost a lot of starters and have a lot of needs and IF they don't pick him I think he'll be there when we pick n the second.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Not a bad at all, still I feel that we almost have to take a OG at this point due to our issues at the position. Depth is a real concern. I feel we can pick up a more than capable WR in the 2nd round.
    I guarantee you this, unless Warmack is there we are not taking a Guard. Boudrou is going to coach up Rok Watkins... You can tell they are happy with him and as per Fisher history he will at least have one unheralded guy on his o-line he's found.
    Quote Originally Posted by eric2810 View Post
    Nice Mock Zia! Each pick fills a position of need, some are a bit optimistic but not by a stretch. If the Rams find two of these players we should be in good shape, but I have a feeling that they could actually surprise us with a skill player if they've done their homework on a prospect i.e. App.St Brian Quick.
    I agree with you eric. I bet they have their gunsights on someone (namely a WR) that not many is talking about but if Austin is there I don't see us passing up on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    i could live with it without any problems. My fav picks are Elam, Rambo and Bell. would love all three. If Brown is there at 46 he'd be a great pick. Not sold on Austin but if we grab him i won't complain, he could be an nfl stud.

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!
    I feel the same exact way.. they are all standouts on the field. Children among men, HUGE HUGE PLAYMAKERS, and have the potential to score from anywhere on the field which is what we need. More points. Can you imagine the match up nightmares? Quick/Givens/Austin/Kendricks/Cook. Someones getting a serious mismatch.
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -04-23-2013 at 09:58 PM.

p.s thankyou for responding guys! I enjoyed earing your thoughts on what I thought the ways he might go at who will be available. I'm SOOOO EXCITED! This draft is where I think we capitalize on the direction we are going! We must hit on these picks..

vanillasue is offline Registered User

Other than Austin I like it very much - Would like to see them trade down and get a guy like DeAndre Hopkins and then a OG/OL with that extra pick.
    ZiaRam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillasue View Post
    Other than Austin I like it very much - Would like to see them trade down and get a guy like DeAndre Hopkins and then a OG/OL with that extra pick.
    you know sue I don't know what it is but I just cant stand Hopkins. Maybe Im stupid and heck for all I know is we might pick him up but I'm kinda biased against him? anti-Clemson maybe? lol

I think Hopkins is the best WR in the draft after watching a bunch of tape. I could also be OK with a guy like Swopes, but we do need another WR and I do believe the Rams will get one in the top 2 rounds. I kind of like this Hunter if he can show he can get off the line better.

I think Austin and Patterson have big time bust potential.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillasue View Post
    I think Hopkins is the best WR in the draft after watching a bunch of tape. I could also be OK with a guy like Swopes, but we do need another WR and I do believe the Rams will get one in the top 2 rounds. I kind of like this Hunter if he can show he can get off the line better.

I think Austin and Patterson have big time bust potential.
    You know I like Hunter quite a bit to and think he wouldn't be a bad guy to add as a no.2/3 option. With Cook in the slot line up our 3-4 sets would look nice.
    Patterson in my eyes is a bust if not given the right opportunity to grow and Austin will thrive if he is put into a slot role with two other great WR's and a decent QB throwing to him.

You may change your mind on Hopkins after watching this video - He drops nothing when open amd catches the ball with his hands - Here he is against a top 3 defense in college FB and against LSU Safety Reid
    ... DeAndre Hopkins vs LSU (Bowl Game - 2012) - YouTubeYouTube video

Sent at 8:55 PM on Tuesday

ZiaRam likes this.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

I actually think the first two picks you predicted will be who we pick at those spots
    ZiaRam likes this.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Personally I think the Jets newly-acquired second 1st round pick @ 13 means Tavon Austin will be gone before the Rams pick at 16. The Jets need a playmaker, and like to make splashes. Austin would certainly be a splash, and help re-generate interest in the fanbase. I I don't think the Jets would take him if they only had #9, but gaining #13 gives them some wiggle room, and let's them get a bit risky with one pick, and I think that will be Austin.

If Austin is gone, how would that affect your mock?
    ZiaRam likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast