Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    ram1906's Avatar
    ram1906 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    10

    Marc Bulger is our QB- Suh should be our #1

    i have been through most of the threads and post in the argument of Bradford vs Suh as our draft choice. I will start off by stating that i am overwhelmingly in favor of drafting Suh. I am at this point because im at the breaking point of seeing my team, this organization looked upon as a laughing stock and the pundit of jokes. I want us to get better. So in that mindset, I'm taking an Idealistic view of where we are.

    First and foremost, Marc Bulger is and should be our QB next year. Many post have Bradford coming in as the movement of the organization into the future. If you stood Bulger and Bradford shoulder to shoulder, who gets us the most wins in '10? Bulger was an All pro QB when he had polished route running receivers as targets. Testiment to this fact is his receipt of Pro Bowl MVP. Now you put Marc on a squad with receiver who are unpolished, undisciplined route runners , you see balls not on target (not 100% his fault). More show of receivers not getting in and out of their breaks (ala T Holt). Or you set Bulger behind an O line you got off of the street. Of course hes gonna take a beating and get killed and be inaccurate. Now you expect Bradford to come in and be the savior of the organization. I think taking
    Bradford does not translate into tuning this journey towards improvement.


    Now another look at players currently on the team. We invested in our dline heavily over the last 4 years. Carriker and Long with 1st round choices. These guys were 1st rounders for a reason. Now think of adding another piece to that investment. The return on that investment will be translate into improvement. You put that with the skillset of our Coach, DEFENSE, you have us turning the corner to getting better.

    Trading Carriker makes no sense using that same thought process. Drafting Bradford brings us right back here next year arguing who should we take first.


  2. #2
    richtree's Avatar
    richtree is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,148
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Marc Bulger is our QB- Suh should be our #1

    So if Bulger is our QB and your draftin Suh #1 how do you plan on fixing our "horrible" line ...


    Since Bulger was awful behind this line, should we take Okung #!

    or do you plan on taking OL rounds 2 and 3 ?


    please explain ??

  3. #3
    thickandthin Guest

    Re: Marc Bulger is our QB- Suh should be our #1

    Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    So if Bulger is our QB and your draftin Suh #1 how do you plan on fixing our "horrible" line ...


    Since Bulger was awful behind this line, should we take Okung #!

    or do you plan on taking OL rounds 2 and 3 ?


    please explain ??
    Yes please do.

  4. #4
    ram1906's Avatar
    ram1906 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Marc Bulger is our QB- Suh should be our #1

    Our line is not as horrible as it was 3 years ago. Our last 2 FA years have been invested there at center and guard. Look at SJ rushing yards last year. We invested not only in the Oline in FA but also in the draft last year with the number 2 pick. So the O line as it stands now is not the problem , so I agree with the direction the organization took there. 3 years ago Marc stood behind a collection of misfits. The problem now are the receivers and te on offense. No dig, but on a scale of one to ten, you take away SJ and our offensive skill players are about a 4 or 5. We had wr from the eagles practice squad and a fourth stringer for the falcons getting major playing time. Just saying look at Marc with Bruce and Holt...and compare with no line or no receivers and you can directly correlate the demise in his game.
    On Defense we have invested with the direction of making that side off the ball a difference maker. IMO Suh is on of the pieces needed to take us there. Bradford doesn't solve or give direction to us getting better, because he is not better than what we currently have.

  5. #5
    bigredman Guest

    Re: Marc Bulger is our QB- Suh should be our #1

    The flaw in this thread's logic is that the Rams are looking to win in 2010. This team is not. We are in full blown rebuild mode. We are looking at rebuilding a team to compete and win in the playoffs in three years. We need to go with a QB with our first round choice. We need a future franchise QB to build around, to mentor, train, and prepare to win in that third year.

    Hopefully, we will find a new home for this team by the time that third years comes around as well. We cannot compete financially in St. Louis

  6. #6
    ludairv's Avatar
    ludairv is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Marc Bulger is our QB- Suh should be our #1

    i love how any possible idea of the imagination will make itself onto this forum...to defend the fact that the rams shouldnt draft Bradford...actually pretty hilarious...

  7. #7
    timsum1283's Avatar
    timsum1283 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    23
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Marc Bulger is our QB- Suh should be our #1

    I actually totally agree with the rams1906. who says we can't draft lefevour/mccoy/pike/whoever in a later round, too? 2 months ago, every person on this board was practically rooting for the Rams to lose so we could have the #1 pick and draft Suh. Since that time, neither Suh or Bradford has played a single game yet the mindset of this board seems to be in favor of drafting Bradford now.

    Drafting a qb #1 overall has to be a guarantee and not a risk (see A. Smith, J. Russell) or else ur team can be knocked back several more years. No scout you can find is saying that Sam Bradford is an elite, can't miss prospect and it's not like putting him on the Rams is guaranteeing him playmakers either.

    Some thoughts- here are the top qbs coming out of college in the 2002 draft class:
    1) J. Harrington 2) D. Carr 3) P. Ramsey 4) R. Davey 5) Kurt Kittner 6) Josh McNown

    None of these qbs has amounted to anything in their careers. These qbs were not elite but teams drafted them based on need rather than bpa. Julius Peppers was drafted after David Carr and we know which player turned out better.

    Likewise, Suh is seen as one of the best Defensive Players to come out of the draft in the past decade. He won the College Player of the Year as a DEFENSIVE TACKLE. He is an elite, can't miss prospect and on the top of every scout's player rankings (except Mayocks, inexplicably). Passing on him would be a mistake and at the very least, if the Rams plan on acquiring Bradford they should at least try to trade down with the Bucs.

    obviously this is all my opinion but I too still have faith in Bulger moreso than I would in Bradford

  8. #8
    CanadianRamsFan's Avatar
    CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    239
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Marc Bulger is our QB- Suh should be our #1

    Has there ever been a guaranteed bust proof QB? I keep hearing people saying that we need to wait for this magical QB, but where is he? Is it Locker? because before he said he was going back the school people still wanted Suh. Suh will be a great player, but will he really be all that when he is playing 60+% of the time because our O can't hold onto the ball?

  9. #9
    BrokenWing's Avatar
    BrokenWing is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,731
    Rep Power
    36

    Re: Marc Bulger is our QB- Suh should be our #1

    But drafting Suh is supposed to be a magical cure all remember?

    We don't need an offense if we have Suh...or something.

    Look, I don't know who to take, I really don't. I know what we have now at offense isn't good enough, we need another QB and Bulger is not the answer. Do we take Bradford? Should we? I don't know.

    BUT.

    We should *really* stop making Suh out to be the best player to ever grace the NFL was his wonderful amazing franchise saving presence and come back to earth. He is a defensive tackle. If he is the best defensive tackle like everyone is saying and turns into a super all pro hall of fame guy....it improves our defense.

    It does not win us games...not more than a handful at best anyway. It will not fix our franchise. Next season we will still need to fix our offense and if there is a defensive player that is supposed to be really good....people will be saying we need to draft him and not Locker.

    I'd be curious to know if the same people saying not to take Bradford now would have said this last year, when he was supposed to be the top in the Draft if he came out. Did he magically lose his Franchise quarterback material because Suh is alive?

    What gets me the most is that people *rightly* point out that Bradford isn't guarunteed...yet these same people say Suh is.

    Are you serious? Why? Because he was really good in college? Will that translate to the NFL? People say it will.

    Do we know? Are we certain? Is it 100% no risk what so ever?

    Everyone drafted is a risk...and you know what if we draft Suh with all the expectations some people have...he'll be declared a bust by week 6 if he doesn't walk on water, destroy every quarterback to take the field and single handedly win games.

    He's *probably* going to be a very good defensive tackle in the NFL. But we don't *KNOW* that and people need to stop acting like they do. If you don't want to draft Bradford that's fine...but provide us with alternatives other than:

    1. Bulger.
    2. "Well we can just take some other guy in round two or something..." Why? If Bradford is the best QB in the draft and he's not worth taking...why the heck should we waste another pick on some other QB? This is what makes me wonder if half the people voting Suh aren't doing so just because they like defense more than they do offense.

    3. "It'll be great, we'll still suck and next year we'll get Locker and everything will be great!" No...it won't. If we have another terrible season (not just a bad one, a first pick in the draft bad one...so terrible...) we won't likely have the same people calling the shots and everything will have been wasted. All for what? The best DT since football was invented? So we could draft someone "next year" that might get a career ending injury or something? Sucking so we can have the best of both worlds next year is NOT an acceptable answer.

    So...don't tell me: "SUH SUH SUH!" and not provide an alternative for Bradford. People say "we'll just draft another one later."

    Which one?

    Why?

  10. #10
    Bing69's Avatar
    Bing69 is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    788
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Marc Bulger is our QB- Suh should be our #1

    Broken Wing...

    Ive heard you say this a few times on threads, that if we have another awful losing year we wont have the same people in charge. Hate to tell you, but yes we will!! Spags has a 4 year contract, Devaney and the owners have said that he will be given that time to build his own team. This isnt a stop gap solution, you cant turn a team around in a year. If we go 2-14 then its a bloody improvement on last year.

    Suh isnt the magical cure, either is Bradford. We need a whole team of magical cures. What Suh gives us is the best option at DT and the best overall player in the draft. Bradford is the best QB available but not the best overall player. If the guys in charge dont think itsa stretch to grab Bradford at 1 then im not gonna question it. Spags said he'll build from the trenches out, in keeping with that i believe if they rate Suh higher than Bradford then they'll have no doubts/regrets about picking him.

    This whole debate is just annoying me. Its simple, we can like who we want, but in the end whoever the organisation pick we'll support anyway, because i believe in what they're trying to achieve

  11. #11
    ramstiles's Avatar
    ramstiles is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    surrey, england,
    Age
    61
    Posts
    780
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Marc Bulger is our QB- Suh should be our #1

    Quote Originally Posted by timsum1283 View Post
    I actually totally agree with the rams1906. who says we can't draft lefevour/mccoy/pike/whoever in a later round, too? 2 months ago, every person on this board was practically rooting for the Rams to lose so we could have the #1 pick and draft Suh. Since that time, neither Suh or Bradford has played a single game yet the mindset of this board seems to be in favor of drafting Bradford now.

    Drafting a qb #1 overall has to be a guarantee and not a risk (see A. Smith, J. Russell) or else ur team can be knocked back several more years. No scout you can find is saying that Sam Bradford is an elite, can't miss prospect and it's not like putting him on the Rams is guaranteeing him playmakers either.

    Some thoughts- here are the top qbs coming out of college in the 2002 draft class:
    1) J. Harrington 2) D. Carr 3) P. Ramsey 4) R. Davey 5) Kurt Kittner 6) Josh McNown

    None of these qbs has amounted to anything in their careers. These qbs were not elite but teams drafted them based on need rather than bpa. Julius Peppers was drafted after David Carr and we know which player turned out better.

    Likewise, Suh is seen as one of the best Defensive Players to come out of the draft in the past decade. He won the College Player of the Year as a DEFENSIVE TACKLE. He is an elite, can't miss prospect and on the top of every scout's player rankings (except Mayocks, inexplicably). Passing on him would be a mistake and at the very least, if the Rams plan on acquiring Bradford they should at least try to trade down with the Bucs.

    obviously this is all my opinion but I too still have faith in Bulger moreso than I would in Bradford
    some sense at last

  12. #12
    ram1906's Avatar
    ram1906 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Marc Bulger is our QB- Suh should be our #1

    Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    The flaw in this thread's logic is that the Rams are looking to win in 2010. This team is not. We are in full blown rebuild mode. We are looking at rebuilding a team to compete and win in the playoffs in three years. We need to go with a QB with our first round choice. We need a future franchise QB to build around, to mentor, train, and prepare to win in that third year.

    Hopefully, we will find a new home for this team by the time that third years comes around as well. We cannot compete financially in St. Louis
    You do understand that in "Full Rebuild Mode" there will be major restructuring on every level. Call me crazy if you may (you wouldn't be the first or last), I see the playoffs closer than 3 yrs away if we dont draft Bradford. The team was competitive in 8 of the 15 losses. (Just reminded myself of the pain in watching every game). We generally wore down in the second half specifically the 4th quarter of most of those games. Our defense was not terrible. Adding Suh makes us better. Does adding Bradford make us better? If the team is better, we win some of those 8. In our division 8-8 or 9-7 can win it.
    If we are in full rebuild mode, let me cancel my Direct tv subsciption now and start watching college football with the energy I'm putting in. Let me start looking for our next coach oc, dc, and GM. In "Full rebuild Mode" thats what you do.

  13. #13
    sashadpb's Avatar
    sashadpb is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Serbia
    Age
    32
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Marc Bulger is our QB- Suh should be our #1

    There's one problem with Bulger - he dosn't fit in WCO. He was good on deep routs, but most of short balls were inocurate. He is good in Martz deepstraight routs offense, but is too slow for WCO.

  14. #14
    ManofGod's Avatar
    ManofGod is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,568
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Marc Bulger is our QB- Suh should be our #1

    Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    The flaw in this thread's logic is that the Rams are looking to win in 2010. This team is not. We are in full blown rebuild mode. We are looking at rebuilding a team to compete and win in the playoffs in three years. We need to go with a QB with our first round choice. We need a future franchise QB to build around, to mentor, train, and prepare to win in that third year.

    Hopefully, we will find a new home for this team by the time that third years comes around as well. We cannot compete financially in St. Louis
    Who's gonna "train" and "mentor" him? A.J. Feely????

  15. #15
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,173
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Marc Bulger is our QB- Suh should be our #1

    Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Who's gonna "train" and "mentor" him? A.J. Feely????
    A.J Feeley knows this system well. That's the sole purpose he was brought in here. He's also one of the better back-ups in the NFL.



    As for not drafting Bradford, I ask you, why?

    We have no future at QB, we have a mess of shambles. Everyone wants to wait for a clear cut "next big thing" QB to come out, and Bradford is probably very close to this.

    For example, if he came out last year, he would be the number 1 QB, topping Matt Stafford AND Mark Sanchez.



    Our line is not that bad. The main reason everyone thinks it is bad is because by the time our season ended, we had ONE healthy starter playing. (Alex Barron). Jacob Bell was out, Jason Brown was injured but playing, Incognito was gone, and Jason Smith was out injured.

    If our line had all the starters playing, we have a pretty good line.


    Now, please, don't act like we are not going to bring in additional weapons and targets. Our roster is not static.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Round Two: The Future Of Marc Bulger
    By r8rh8rmike in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: -01-19-2010, 02:29 AM
  2. Post Game with Gordo: 10-12
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-12-2008, 07:46 PM
  3. Postgame With Gordo
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -09-30-2007, 07:16 PM
  4. Bulger Headed for Big Year
    By Rambos in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-26-2006, 10:34 AM
  5. Bulger Focusing on the Future
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-21-2006, 07:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •