Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: On March 25, my choice for the Rams will be...

March 25th isn't going to be as huge for me as it will be for others.

Obviously it's going to be important to see if Bradford has recovered from his shoulder surgery. I feel if he throws well, he's going to gain a lot of momentum and have a lot of people switching over to him. But, and I feel like a broken record saying this in multiple places, I just think the more important question is about future injuries more than this one.

We're talking about a quarterback who, while I think he has a great set of skills, couldn't stay healthy in two seasons and change in a college spread offense behind a relatively good offensive line. In 2007, he sustained a concussion. In 2008, he sustained a hand injury that required surgery. And now in 2009, he has an AC joint issue that he eventually has surgery on.

To me, the fact that he's sustained an injury in each of the three years he played for Oklahoma and never played even a full season without getting banged up really makes me question how well he's going to hold up at the next level. And when I'm investing $40+ million guaranteed in a guy, I want to be as sure as I can that he's going to be on the field for me. I just can't say that about Bradford, not with the kind of certainty I'd need to have in order to make him my preferred pick.

If he turns out to be the Rams' pick, I hope he proves me wrong and starts every game for the next decade on this team. But I'm hesitant to pull the trigger based on my concerns over his durability. Who knows, maybe I'm just not much of a risk taker. But with a first overall pick and tens of millions in guaranteed money on the line, I think most would want to eliminate as much risk as possible.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

TheRammer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    March 25th isn't going to be as huge for me as it will be for others.

Obviously it's going to be important to see if Bradford has recovered from his shoulder surgery. I feel if he throws well, he's going to gain a lot of momentum and have a lot of people switching over to him. But, and I feel like a broken record saying this in multiple places, I just think the more important question is about future injuries more than this one.

We're talking about a quarterback who, while I think he has a great set of skills, couldn't stay healthy in two seasons and change in a college spread offense behind a relatively good offensive line. In 2007, he sustained a concussion. In 2008, he sustained a hand injury that required surgery. And now in 2009, he has an AC joint issue that he eventually has surgery on.

To me, the fact that he's sustained an injury in each of the three years he played for Oklahoma and never played even a full season without getting banged up really makes me question how well he's going to hold up at the next level. And when I'm investing $40+ million guaranteed in a guy, I want to be as sure as I can that he's going to be on the field for me. I just can't say that about Bradford, not with the kind of certainty I'd need to have in order to make him my preferred pick.

If he turns out to be the Rams' pick, I hope he proves me wrong and starts every game for the next decade on this team. But I'm hesitant to pull the trigger based on my concerns over his durability. Who knows, maybe I'm just not much of a risk taker. But with a first overall pick and tens of millions in guaranteed money on the line, I think most would want to eliminate as much risk as possible.
    Very business like approach and well founded out-look. The teams that seem to do well in the draft have people making decisions for the org. that take BPA because chances are they will play for you a long time, you can trade or deal any player they replace and get compensation for a older player, be a huge impact player. What Nick is talking about is not taking a risk on Bradford who is apparantly injury prone as oppposed to Suh. I vote we should take Suh even if between now and the Draft in April they find a dead person in the trunk of his car! If your risking / gambling on our future with a financial investment take the greatest odds of you succeeding! SUH IN THE NEXT SEASON!!

harrydog is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    Besides his pro day I also think Bradford's stock will rise or fall a little with how the 2nd tier pro days go.

If Colt, Pike, Lefavour and Tebow's pro days are impressive it may give the Rams a feeling that they can get Suh and still nab the future qb at 33.
    I too think this will play an important role in the Ram's decision.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

I am beginning to fall in love again with the idea of drafting Bradford. He was my ideal pick at week 1 this year, but after he got hurt I became skeptical...But once he showed up at the combine with 13 pounds of muscle I became in love with the pick again, all depending on his pro-day. I am going to be rooting for him on March 25th, and if all goes well, Bradford would be my ideal pick.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I would pick Suh #1 even with all the Bradford hype that is going on.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I would pick Suh #1 even with all the Bradford hype that is going on.
    The Rams would make the biggest mistake in franchise history if they miss this one. WE MUST DRAFT SUH THERE IS NO OTHER CHOICE!!! If any other team was in this position they would draft Suh. Pick Bradford, ARE YOU PEOPLE CRAZY!!! Unless Bradford is the likes of Payton Manning YOU DON"T DRAFT HIM FIRST!!!

Reason why Suh: I saw lots of game videos from 2009, the guy has a motor. With Long and Suh constantly attacking we will have one of the most feared defensive line in the NFL, especially if Carriker can get it together. Plus the guy can jump!!! He will be blocking FG and punts. If Spags really is a defensive genius he won't pass on this. I feel confident he will make the right choice, if not get used to last place in a pitiful NFC West.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12