sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Marcus Lattimore

Did anybody else see the injury he got today? Looked like a broken leg, was absolutely disgusting. This may force the slip out of the 1st round for poor Lattimore. I feel terrible for the guy.

" South Carolina junior RB Marcus Lattimore appeared to suffer a major injury to his right leg during Saturday's game against Tennessee.The replays were quite gruesome, as Lattimore was being dragged to the ground from behind while another Vol defender hit the running back low. The junior looked in shock on the field and was carted off with both teams surrounding him as he left. Lattimore tore the ACL in his left leg last year, so this injury is to the opposite leg. Cross your fingers for good news, but it does not look promising. "

THE DREAM TEAM

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Marcus Lattimore

The injury was absolutely horrifying and looked extremely serious. I've never seen anything like it. I hope it wasn't as bad as it looked, but I'm not sure he can come back from it. it was that bad.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Looked awful, probably the worst I've seen since McGahee's. As it relates to the draft, I'd have a hard time using a pick on him, considering injury red flags on both knees. Maybe if he's sitting there on Day Three, it's worth considering. But I'm pretty conservative when it comes to taking risks on prospects with injury red flags, so I'd probably opt for another direction if I were running a team in need of a RB.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I watched that play a couple times, just struck by how horrific it was. Really feel bad for the guy. Was good to see all of football world support him and feel for him. I hope he can recover and make it to the NFL and stay healthy. I wouldnt say he is injury prone IMO, he took a helmet straight to the knee, was just a freak accident. A very bad one.

From what i have read, this is his injury:

The South Carolina running back reportedly broke his femur and patella and tore four ligaments in his right knee -- his ACL, MCL, PCL and LCL according to Brian VanOchten of WDGM.

This injury hasn't been confirmed though yet.

Report: Marcus Lattimore Broke Femur, Patella, Tore ACL, MCL, PCL, LCL in Knee (Video) by Doug Kyed on Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 11:58PM

News is leaking out about Marcus Lattimore's tragic knee injury, and it doesn't look good. The South Carolina running back reportedly broke his femur and patella and tore four ligaments in his right knee -- his ACL, MCL, PCL and LCL according to Brian VanOchten of WDGM. Lattimore tore a ligament in his left knee in 2011, and had finally made a full comeback from that injury. To compare Lattimore's injury to the famous one suffered by Willis McGahee in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl National Championship Game, the current Denver Broncos' running back tore his ACL, MCL and PCL. McGahee was still drafted in the first round of the 2003 draft, and sat out that entire season. The injury occured Saturday afternoon against Tennessee when he carried the ball to his left and was cut out from underneath by a Volunteers defensive back. Check out DeLancey's tweet below.
    Last edited by Tampa_Ram; -10-28-2012 at 03:45 AM.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Horrible injury, I doubt he'll ever be 80% of the player he once was. The femur is the biggest bone in your body, how does that break? I pray that I'm wrong and he can come back from this in a couple years, but to tear all 4 major ligaments in your knee is just crazy.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

I never knew there were 4 ligaments in the knee. That injury sounds like he wont play ever again. Wow.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    I never knew there were 4 ligaments in the knee. That injury sounds like he wont play ever again. Wow.
    After seeing his lower leg flop around like it was only being held together by his skin, my first thought was he may never play again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    Broken femur, broken fibula, torn ACL, PCL, LCL, MCL. Rough.

THE DREAM TEAM

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Broken femur, broken fibula, torn ACL, PCL, LCL, MCL. Rough.
    I heard that theres no broken bones, just a dislocated kneecap and 4 torn ligaments

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

According to an article on ESPN:

"His right knee was dislocated and sustained significant ligament damage requiring surgery and maybe needing more than a year of rehabilitation."

Poor kid. That's rough luck right there.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

It was the dislocated knee part that made it look so horrific.

If McGahee could come back, anyone can come back. Mizzou Tigers Henry Josey had serious damage to all 4 ligaments of the knee and he's expected back this spring. Injuries like this take about 18 months to heal. Once healed, if they are actually structurally sound, they are usually perfectly fine.

Remember, Frank Gore has been playing his entire NFL career on 2 rebuilt knees and people said they'd never trust them. I would not count out Lattimore from coming back and having a full NFL career. These injuries do not show that a guy is injury prone and they do not make them more likely to reoccur. As long as he doesn't have Danario's situation where the knee is just breaking down, the knees can actually be structurally stronger after the surgeries.
    Last edited by RebelYell; -11-05-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    It was the dislocated knee part that made it look so horrific.

If McGahee could come back, anyone can come back. Mizzou Tigers Henry Josey had serious damage to all 4 ligaments of the knee and he's expected back this spring. Injuries like this take about 18 months to heal. Once healed, if they are actually structurally sound, they are usually perfectly fine.

Remember, Frank Gore has been playing his entire NFL career on 2 rebuilt knees and people said they'd never trust them. I would not count out Lattimore from coming back and having a full NFL career. These injuries do not show that a guy is injury prone and they do not make them more likely to reoccur. As long as he doesn't have Danario's situation where the knee is just breaking down, the knees can actually be structurally stronger after the surgeries.
    You're actually 100% right. A surgically re-constructed knee has a good possibility of actually being stronger than it was before.

THE DREAM TEAM