Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IsaacBruceFan80 is offline Registered User

MARIO 1st MOCK DRAFT

Welp....Now we know it's Super Mario #1 so here is my new look into the top half of the first round with 2 trades in top half.

1. Texans-Mario Williams DE
    2.Jets(from Saints)-Reggie Bush RB
    3. Titans-Vince Young QB
    4. Saints(from jets)-D'brickashaw Ferguson OT
    5. Packers-A.J.Hawk LB
    6. *****-Vernon Davis TE
    7.Raiders-Michael Huff DB
    8.Ravens(from Bills)-Matt Leinert QB
    9.Lions-Ernie Sims LB
    10. Cardinals-Jay Cutler QB
    11.Rams-Haloti Ngata DT
    12.Browns-Kamerion Wembley DE
    13.Bills-(from Ravens)Broderick Bunkley
    14. Eagles-Winston Justice OT
    15 Broncos-Chad Jackson WR
    16 Dolphins-Santonio Holmes WR

Any thoughts here ???

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: MARIO 1st MOCK DRAFT

I don't see the Ravens trading up for a QB at all. If they trade up to eight, they'd have their choice of Ngata, Bunkley, and Sims, all of whom they covet.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

I don't think that the Ravens ever seriously considered that Matt would be there at 8 and they decide to pull the trigger to relieve themselves of Kyle Boller forever. Just a hunch.

Well, we disagree then because I just don't see it. They have needs on both defensive and offensive lines, could use depth in the secondary, a starting OLB, and a starter at free safety. They've already been burned once on a quarterback, and with as many needs as they have, I just can't see them being able to justify that kind of trade.

Good Points....But hey....any team picking in the top 15 has lots of needs...hehe. Leinert would sell tickets and create some buzz in baltimore for sure. If Houston can justify passing on Reggie Bush and not trading down if they were going to pass on bush,then the Ravens can justify this...lol

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Reggie Bush will fall Barring a massive trade that involves both Niner Picks, or Green Bay gambling the future.
    What reason do the Saints have to get him? None. They have Deuce McAllister.
    The Titans? Chirs Browm and Travis Henry.
    The Jets? Here we have his destination point.

My theory is different.
    The Niners will trade up, leaving the Titans to take Leinart/Young, the Jets to take VY and the Packers to take VD/Ngata or Hawk(Likely). From there- i'll post the BBQ one rounder shortly.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Okay.. (and I include myself in this)
    all the Mocks for 6 months have been wrong, but this shouldn't be a surprise.

No one thought Stephen Jackson would be our pick. NO ONE thought Jimmy Kenndy would be our pick. Barron was supposed to be gone in the top 10.

Every year, there are surprises and there are players that fall and fall.

I think someone that's been out there projected as a solid top-10 pick will fall and probably be there when we pick.

I can't see Leinart being that guy. I can NOT in any way. I just heard on a Radio Draft show that there's some thought Leinart may fall out of the top 10 (and some new Mocks are indicating this).

That won't happen. Look how many games Leinart has won. Look at his attitude and his toughness (for a QB) and then throw in the QB premium.

ESPN is going to be shocked and they'll be calling the same guy's name over and over as a possibility for this team and then the next team because someone's going to slip - but, it won't be Matt Leinart.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

I don't see the Ravens trading up. They've got that route in recent years and it didn't work out for them. (They traded up to get Boller).

I think the Ravens have 3 or 4 names and are content to stay at 13.

People are a product of their experience. I think Matt Millen will stay away from a WR in the first round (going out on a limb) and I think Brian, the Genius, Billick has already resigned himself to waiting patiently and being a good boy.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Rumor has it that the Packers are seeking a trade up so they can nab Leinart.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-BLUE
    Rumor has it that the Packers are seeking a trade up so they can nab Leinart.
    Why would they need to trade up? All indications are that Leinart could very possibly be available to them at fifth overall. If the Pack trade up, I would think it's for their future running back.

The Rumor is from a local radio station that has ties with the new head coach for the Packers and he's not a Arron Rodgers fan. Now that Farve is back for another year the thought is to draft Leinart and groom him behind Farve for a year.

The Rumor is from a local radio station that has ties with the new head coach for the Packers and he's not a Arron Rodgers fan. Now that Farve is back for another year the thought is to draft Leinart and groom him behind Farve for a year.
    The Packers taking a QB is more of a possibility than most might think, but I don't see them trading up to do so when they just spent a first round pick last year at the position. You bring up a good point about the head coach perhaps not liking Rodgers (after all, McCarthy was part of the ***** staff last year that took Alex Smith over Rodgers as the first pick), but I'm just not sure the Packers trade away an additional pick to make this move, whereas it's more of a possibility if they stay where they are.

Nick, If any team wants Leinart they need to trade up to the #2 spot, The Titans WANT Leinart also make no mistake about that, The Saints hold the cards right now. And so the fun begins

Nick, If any team wants Leinart they need to trade up to the #2 spot, The Titans WANT Leinart also make no mistake about that, The Saints hold the cards right now. And so the fun begins
    I'm going on the buzz, which could be good or bad. But the buzz says the Titans have been leaning towards Vince Young over Matt Leinart. Who knows, maybe they do draft Matt. If so the Packers "settle" on Hawk or Davis. But that still doesn't change the fact that I don't think it's wise to trade up to take a position you addressed in the first round last year.

like i said McCarthy is no fan of Rodgers, so if hes on the outs were does that leave the Pack for the future? Trade up for Leinart (who they want) or hope he falls down to you. And i have to believe the Jets would also consider Leinart should he be there at #4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast