Thread: Mark Sanchez

realchamp11 is offline Registered User

Mark Sanchez

So all the experts are saying that the jets had the best draft bc they got sanchez. All the media is prasing this pick and basiclly calling him the missing piece, so i just wondering is sanchez going to be the starter on opening day for the jets since it was such a great pick?

:1:PLAY EVER SNAP LIKE IT YOUR LAST!!!:1:

jackson3909 is offline Registered User

Re: Mark Sanchez

most jets fans are going crazy as if they just won the superbowl.

i dont understand why i dont think sanchez has the arm strenth to succed in the very windy meadowlands ( i have been there always cold windy), he only started 16 games in college so there not gunna thorw him in there from day one. i dont see him making his first start until next year, and he probly still wont be to succsefull.
    although the jets were able to move up to # 5 pretty cheapley so sanchez is a worth taking beacuse franchise quaterbacks are hard to come by.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jackson3909 View Post
    most jets fans are going crazy as if they just won the superbowl.

i dont understand why i dont think sanchez has the arm strenth to succed in the very windy meadowlands ( i have been there always cold windy), he only started 16 games in college so there not gunna thorw him in there from day one. i dont see him making his first start until next year, and he probly still wont be to succsefull.
    although the jets were able to move up to # 5 pretty cheapley so sanchez is a worth taking beacuse franchise quaterbacks are hard to come by.

I think he almost HAS to start this year, with all the media frenzy he's sure to bring along to NY. There is going to be ZERO patience with Clemons if he's the starter, and they'll be chanting for Sanchez as soon as they can. Whether that's for the best or not is another story, but he'll be on the field this year.

chiguy is offline Registered User

As good as the Jet's defense looks to be in '09, I'm surprised they didn't go after Derek Anderson or Brady Quinn instead. They could've traded down then and gotten some WRs to catch the ball.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I wouldn't say the Jets got him that cheaply. They had to give up two defensive starters and a backup quarterback in addition to their first and second round picks. I think when you give up that much, it probably means you're hoping he's going to help put you over the top. That makes me think they will want to start him sooner rather than later.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

To answer your question, yes, I'm sure that the "best player plays" mentality will be skewed in favor of "Dirty" Sanchez.

That said, no, he doesn't get them to the playoffs, because as much as I hate to say it, the Pats will be back, the Dolphins will take a step back, but will probably at least swap games with the Jets, and I fully expect two teams to be coming out of the AFC South and AFC North again.

Rookie head coaches with rookie quarterbacks don't get to the playoffs and don't win playoff games. Baltimore and Atlanta used up all the rookie HC mojo for a good long while last year.

The passing game(both throwing and receiving) will be the weak part that doesn't keep the Jets in games. They had a better corps last year and a much better QB in Favre, with the same system and a weakened division. What makes anyone think it'll be better this year?

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

I can't help but think that this was a huge mistake for the Jets. They give up two top picks in exchange to get a quarterback that has only started a single season. Let's face it, college football is much different from the nfl. Most players that have been playing for 2-3 years hit that rookie wall that we all hear about. I can only imagine that Mark Sanchez is going to hit that wall quite hard, not only does he only have one year of experience, but he is a quarterback, and he's a quarterback in new york.

In a couple years maybe he could be good, but I don't think the Jets fans are going to give him that kind of time. They want him to come in and win immediately. Unfortunately for the Jets, I feel that they were put between a rock and a hard place, the fans were almost demanding a new quarterback and Sanchez was the only top level one left.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I don't think Sanchez is going to be as good as a player as everyone said he will.

I'm a huge ASU fan, and for that I got to see a lot of PAC 10 football. They're such a week division.

I've always thought he was overrated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

He is pretty good looking though.... that has to count for something
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    He is pretty good looking though.... that has to count for something
    Its always good to hear a woman's perspective, Utter.

P.S. This sounds like something my wife would say!!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Sanchez isn't going to know what hit him after a few starts under the spotlight in New York. Like his fellow over-rated Trojan QB Leinart, he'll be exposed and then crash and burn under the pressure. Good luck in the Big Apple Mark, you're gonna need it.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Week 2 will be just about the only time ever that I'll actually be rooting for the Pats defense. Dirty Sanchez, please meet Mr. Thomas, Bruschi and Mayo. They'll be taking off your head this afternoon.

That is, if he gets past Mario Williams down in Texas week 1.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Its always good to hear a woman's perspective, Utter.

P.S. This sounds like something my wife would say!!
    I try to make good football comments most the time, but sometimes the girly thoughts pop out. I watch games with the couple across the street. The husband is a big patriot fan, turning redskins fan and the wife is always a fan of the sexier QB. Women watch the game for different reasons, but we don't miss the fact that there are fine looking men on the field.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]