San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

Mark Sanchez and what he means to me

what he represents to me at least....
    Hope you guys like this. this is all off the top of my head if you cant tell when reading this. i don't want to hear any racism please! And if this post sounds racist, im sorry i was not aiming for that.

African Americans has proved their race through their athleticism, pride, and even our president of the United States is an African American. Famous African Americans Jackie Robinson, Martin Luther King Jr, Obama, Malcolm X, etc. . . .

Asians has proven their race through their smarts in technology and athleticism in baseball, winning The World Baseball Classic numerous times.
    Famous Asians Yao Ming, Ichiro, Jackie Chan (Don't really know a lot about this race)

Caucasians have proven themselves by establishing this country, and many other things, the list can go on and on about Caucasians.

Mexicans are considered the lowest in the race structure, known for their hard labor and their harsh struggle with drug wars in their country. Even though known for their great work in Baseball. Baseball has been getting dominated by south American teams, not Mexicans. Mexicans were known for the game of soccer, which is played on the streets of Mexico with little kids. Football has never been a big sport in Mexico and still not big.

With Rolando Cantu gaining respect from many Mexicans for being the only NFL player to make in the NFL from Mexico. You can name 5 great players in the NFL that are black or white. BUT WHAT ABOUT MEXICANS????
    WHERE ARE MEXICANS IN THE NFL

Their are not that many successful people that are Mexican, i mean
    Caesar Chavez
    was a worker, he was not in a higher class.
    Pancho Villa
    was a revolutionist who killed Americans (Is that a way to get remembered?)
    George Lopez and Desi Arnaz are the only two Hispanic male actors that have ever been Latino t.v stars. (Desi Arnaz is the guy from I love Lucy if you don't know) (George Lopez. . . .. . i think you know
    Carlos Santana a great Musician who played the Guitar and sung, His Band Santana has a sort of rock and Salsa mix to it.

Mark Sanchez is a Mexican that is making it. I believe that Mexicans are not known in football because it requires you to of gone to college. The percentage for Mexican Americans that graduate High School is low(I don't know the exact number) Mark Sanchez is showing many that Mexicans are going to achieve, he is showing the Minorities that dreams can happen if you try. Even though Mark Sanchez is only going into the NFL and not like being the president, shows our slow steady pace.
    I know many Mexicans that are going to buy Mark Sanchez's jersey to show their support to him and show that a Mexican has made it. Personally. . . i am as well going to buy a Sanchez jersey.

Soon more Mexicans are going to be in the NFL, in any particular position, i do not know. Sanchez is the starting block for Mexicans trying to achieve in the NFL!
    Last edited by San Diego Ram; -04-11-2009 at 02:45 AM. Reason: mis-spelled his name

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

Re: Mark Snchez and what he means to me

Love This! I Am a Proud AFRICAN who was Born In America. I believe That Every0ne Deserves Self Pride Of Them Selfs and Culture. So Good For You, I Hope Sanchez Gets Drafted Early On, Makes a Name For HimSelf In The League And Encourage 0thers From Your Race To Follow. PEACE!

A-Web is offline Registered User

What happened to Carlos Mencia? (Most famous Mexican EVER! Well...he should be).

Give him credit. I like him more than the president...

general counsel is offline Registered User

Carlos Slim, a mexican who is the son of a mexico city shopkeeper, is one of the richest men in the world. Among countless other businesses, he has the largest impact on the sugar trade than anyone on the planet.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

There's a lot I could say about this post, but I'll add only this: I'm not sure that a Mexican making it in the NFL should be viewed as the pinnacle of achievement for an entire race. To suggest that it is, is a sadly telling statement.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

I understand your general point about folks of ethnic backgrounds other than Caucasian/Christian ( how many Jewish American sports heroes are there? I get stuck after Koufax) being prominent role models in American sports but there ARE great examples if you look.

Tom Fears (of our own Rams). Anthony Munoz, Joe Kapp, Jeff Garcia, Tony Romo. Even a HC in Tom Flores. I think Jim Plunkett is Mexican American as well.

While socioeconomic disadvantages certainly still play a sadly prominent role in limiting these success stories, I think there is a cultural thing going on as well from inside the community. Soccer and baseball are still the most popular sports & kids with athletic aspirations still gravitate towards them.

It's the same dynamic in reverse that limits the success of the US soccer team.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -04-11-2009 at 01:23 PM.

jbell15 is offline Registered User

Mark Sanchez isn't even from mexico. That's like chris kaman playing for germany in the olympics. He can take pride ion being a THIRD-GENERATION mexican american, but until someone who is actually from mexico makes it in the nfl it will probably have no effect on the country.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Azul, as for jewish sports heroes, dont forget hank greenberg, one of the greatest hitters of all time. Shawn Green and Rod Carew (via conversion) also come to mind. Unsure on adam goldberg of the rams.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

BarronWade is offline Registered User

YEA!!!!!!!! African Americans represent! My president is Black too.

That is a long line of etc... for us.

lol on the mexican part. And no this is not racist

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Ok, I know this thread is important to some and it's really teetering on the bridge of rule violation. We don't allow any political threads at all at ClanRam. I let this slide early because I've seen reports on how Mark Sanchez has impacted the Latino community in Los Angeles. However, it's starting to turn political so I'm not closing it yet but monitoring it very closely.

itsguud is offline Registered User

This thread is ridiculous and hilarious all in one. I can't believe so many comments on it.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

You know, the more I read it the more I agree with guud. Sorry, but it's closed. I'm not closing it because some think it's crazy, I'm closing it because it's just walking that fine line that we at ClanRam tend to avoid.

Sanchez is a great role model for the Latino community but I just can't let this go any longer.