Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By citr92
  • 1 Post By citr92
  • 1 Post By Randart

Thread: Marqise Lee

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Marqise Lee

Question to those who watch college football, what is his deal?

I remember last year everyone being extremely giddy about him and I myself became enamored with him and wanted the Rams to select him this year after reading up on him last year.

I now see he has struggled/had injury issues. I remember reading that if he were eligible to come out last year he would have been a top 5 pick and was built like AJ Green.

To the USC fans who have followed him, what is his deal?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Marqise Lee

Not a USC fan so I'm wondering the same thing. To me he was insanely good last year and looked like a top 3 prospect. A guy who'd have a big impact every time he stepped on the field. This year has been different. I just want to know whether I'm getting 2012's Lee or 2011. Hopefully he can re-gain his form because he was truly special and pairing him with our current WR corps would be terrific.

THE DREAM TEAM

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Injuries and poor quarterback play have been the issue(s) this year.. He's still a solid talent though. Not sure if I'd put him on a A.J. Green level, keep in mind that a lot of his production also came b/c he had a great WR in R. Woods on the opposite side of the field.

citr92 is offline Registered User

As a USC fan and someone who has seen him play since he was a true freshman...

he is a fantastic reciever, though like i've said before, robert woods is a better receiver and marqise lee is more of the athletic guy

that said, the only "poor" quarterback play was in the first few games when kiffin stupidly didn't give Cody Kessler the job like he should have since he won it back in the spring and that stunted his development a little, though since he took over he's played pretty well, and recently he's REALLY picked it up

and so far, Lee has only suffered a sprained knee and that's been his worst injury during his time at USC, the rest has just been standard dings and whatnot, he was kept out of the colorado game last night for getting kicked in the shin last game against stanford and they're resting him for ucla

he did have a few more drops than he'd like earlier in the year, though if you saw the stanford game, you'd see the type of receiver lee is, making GREAT catches and showing good hands, also, like woods, he's a fantastic blocker and is not afraid to lay someone out

though i'd say his weaknesses are some ill advised drops as he really wants to start running, though that can be fixed and it hasn't been an issue since the last month and a half (not including the time he was out) and i'm sure that in the nfl, he'll stop running backwards as much, since in college he can get away with doing some extreme running with the ball after the catch and i'd say he needs to just head forward sometimes cause he gets too greedy and it backfires

robert woods in his last year helped lee emerge serving as a decoy, though using robert woods as a decoy and becoming obsessed with lee was totally not fair

if you have a team with robert woods on one side and lee on the other...pick your poison, though kiffin didn't understand that

that said

lee is a fantastic reciever with big potential, though his size isn't the greatest, he is also a big play receiver, and is probably the best receiver with the ball in his hands after the catch

if you want more of an idea, try to track down some highlights and watch the USC vs UCLA game this week

another receiver to watch out for is Nelson Agholor, a year behind lee at USC, also a stellar receiver and actually is a combination of robert woods and lee funny enough...so it'd be good to keep an eye on him as well

any other information on him i'm currently blanking on it right now lol, but ask and you shall receive
    Last edited by citr92; -11-24-2013 at 08:00 PM.
    Randart likes this.

Marqise Lee vs Stanford (2013) - YouTube

actually, found his highlights vs stanford, though it does have filler plays in it where he doesn't do anything but you'll see from the 2nd play the kind of receiver he is

Randart is offline Registered User

citr92 as a Bruins fan I don't watch him as much as you so... How do you think he would fit into our group of recievers? Is he a fit or would he be a duplicate of some of what we have? Thanks for the great synopsis of him you seem right on from all I have seen of the lad. Good luck in our big game coming up!

Quote Originally Posted by Randart View Post
    citr92 as a Bruins fan I don't watch him as much as you so... How do you think he would fit into our group of recievers? Is he a fit or would he be a duplicate of some of what we have? Thanks for the great synopsis of him you seem right on from all I have seen of the lad. Good luck in our big game coming up!
    you'll find out on saturday :P

but seriously, you want a guy to get open? Lee can do it

need a good block? Lee can do it

another return man? Lee can do it

yes he has his drops, everyone does

yes he gets greedy and has his attempt backfire, everyone does

i'm sure he could definitely clean it up, especially since the nfl calls for it

he's a hard worker, same with woods

i'd say he COULD be a number 1 based on his athletic ability, though he would be a smaller number 1 type, though i'd say he'd almost be better than givens instantly though he'll have his share of rookie mistakes

i mean what the rams are looking for, idk if he's an ideal fit, i'd say he's a bigger tavon austin in terms of big play potential, and though he's not the FASTEST guy...he'll still burn people no problem

i'd also say he's like a slightly bigger givens, though he can do more than run in a straight line, not to knock givens, but lee's route running skills are better and i'd say lee is smarter too, though a bit too confident at times...though the comparison to givens isn't quite...how i'd compare him but that's the best i think....eh

but if you want a luxury, he's one for sure though i have no idea where he'll fall at this point

maybe a good combine will catapult him...though if fisher wants him, he'll get him and i'd have no problem with that

though i understand basing someone off of highlights is not how to get the greatest idea of someone...

but i'd say you'd have to watch some highlights to at least get an idea of how he could fit
    Randart likes this.

Randart is offline Registered User

Kinda how I viewed him but with less rah rah! LOL
    Thanks for your views mate and yes we will see this week! Always tough game for us both...
    I have many friends that attended SC or are fans so always a good fun time with those guys!
    Fish does like SC guys so we never know, good luck to Lee either way and always liked Woods
    as I watched him a bit more. He was awesome at the combine as well!
    citr92 likes this.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

After getting citr92's insight, I would rather stick with Quick (hey that rhymed). They have similar skillsets but Quick has more experience so I feel 2014 will be his breakout season

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

Quote Originally Posted by Flippin' Ram View Post
    After getting citr92's insight, I would rather stick with Quick (hey that rhymed). They have similar skillsets but Quick has more experience so I feel 2014 will be his breakout season
    well...comparing him to quick, though quick has size, he honestly doesn't have much on lee

but yea that's how i feel as well though lee is more athletic and makes up for his size, or lack thereof as well as better hands though he had a case of the dropsies in the beginning of the season, it has passed

someone could probably describe lee much better than I can since i, like i said, forget some specific examples

though imo, lee would probably have a faster impact, his smarts mixed with his work ethic will help him get the playbook and adjust to the nfl just fine

not to knock quick of course, since i'm sure he works hard as well
    Last edited by citr92; -11-25-2013 at 01:44 AM.