Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Marshall's take on the Ram's first round pick

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Re: Marshall's take on the Ram's first round pick

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    If the Rams draft Barron at No. 6 I will buy a Marshall Faulk jersey and eat it.
    Will you post a video?

Rambos is offline Registered User

That was classic... and I agree with Marshal. SJ has always had a big ego as far as I can tell.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    That was classic... and I agree with Marshal. SJ has always had a big ego as far as I can tell.
    After he got his last contract, what makes you think this?

It seems to me, Faulks has a bigger ego, he still sounds bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    After he got his last contract, what makes you think this?

It seems to me, Faulks has a bigger ego, he still sounds bitter.
    With SJ I'm not sure why i have never really been a huge fan... I have no one quote or any one thing he has done or said... he just comes off some times just rubs me wrong... Last year he did win me over with his leadership. I know the guy has been on a team with not much talent... but he is the man and this has been his team and we have lost a lot of games with him being 75% of the offense... No getting around that. If he does not make the HOF that will be his legacy. I think he is a HOF player IMO...

IMO I don't think SJ could handle Richardson on the team... he surely would not be happy splitting time and it would be known quick, heck he might already be letting it be known with this news he;s not happy... just sayin. I bet if we drafted a RB in RD 2 or 3 it would be an issue... well see. We have to get his replacement soon.

Marshal has an ego too... I never saw Marshal being bitter, he just broke down at the end of his career was replaced by SJAX... I think Marshal is bitter over not winning the second super bowl.

It was funny though how in this video he made the statement... at least I thought it was funny...

Just to let yo know I'm a Lakers fan and I'm not a big Kobe fan...it happens.
    Last edited by Rambos; -04-25-2012 at 11:40 PM.
    RamsSB99 likes this.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

With SJ I'm not sure why i have never really been a huge fan... I have no one quote or any one thing he has done or said... he just comes off like he's comes off some times just rubs me wrong... Last year he did win me over with his leadership. I know the guy has been on a team with not much talent... but he is the man and this has been his team and we have lost a lot of games with him being 75% of the offense... No getting around that. If he does not make the HOF that will be his legacy. I think is is a HOF player IMO...

IMO I don't think SJ could handle Richardson on the team... he surely would not be happy splitting time and it would be known quick, heck he might already be letting it be known with this news he;s not happy... just sayin. I bet if we drafted a RB in RD 2 or 3 it would be an issue... well see. We have to get his replacement soon.

Marshal has an ego too... I never saw Marshal being bitter, he just broke down at the end of his career was replaced by SJAX... I think Marshal is bitter over not winning the second super bowl.

It was funny though how in this video he made the statement... at least I thought it was funny...

Just to let yo know I'm a Lakers fan and I'm not a big Kobe fan...it happens.
    I feel the same about both Jackson and Kobe. I live in St. Louis but I am a Laker fan as well. I started following them when they had Magic and Kareem. I respect what both Jackson and Kobe do for the team as players. But I think its there personality that I don't care for as much. Maybe its that they seem more outward in their celibrating of their successes even more then what the fans can do. Thats probably why I liked Bruce more then Holt. Bruce was not as outward about his success. Its hard to back guys that cleibrate themselves more then you ever could. The guys that are not so much in your face are the easier guys to root for in my opinion. That is why I could never like TO the person in his prime on my team but I would like his contribution and would want him on the team.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -04-25-2012 at 10:35 PM.
    Rambos likes this.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

That was a good video.

S.J. will never be the player M. Faulk was.

Every year S.J. gets a little over a thousand yards and considers himself one of the elete players of the NFL.

In my opinion back up RB C. Williams could of got a thousand yards rushing with the Rams last year as the starter.
    Draft RB T. Richardson or DT Fletcher Cox. It's who the face of the franchise Jeff Fisher wants to build his team with.
    If Rams wanting Safety Barron trade down for more picks and then draft him.

timsum1283 is online now Registered User

I'm a little concerned about drafting players named Barron in the first round

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    Marshall is one of my all-time favorite Rams, but he comes off as snobby in this video. Faulk should know that the arrogant young kid that Jackson was eight years ago isn't the man he is now. And if he doesn't know that, then shame on him.
    Spot on point. Jackson matured YEARS ago and became a team leader, as well as a team player. I'm not sure where Faulk is coming from, but it's not based in 2012 reality.
    HUbison and Fettmaster like this.

hotshotnate1 is offline Registered User

"Trung Canidate! He could not handle Trung Canidate breathing down his neck" Good ole Trung

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

You're just making assumptions based on your own perception of Steven Jackson. Last week, Jackson was asked by a reporter how he'd feel if the Rams drafted his successor this year. You must have missed his response:

The Rams are going to do what's best for the Rams. I understand that. It's a business. All I can do is through my own lessons, replacing another legend, is try to be there for the young guy. If he's receptive, I'll try to help him and do the world for him. If not, he's just got to compete, and I'm not backing down.
    Yet there are Rams fans out there who still think of Steven Jackson as a selfish guy who's only out for himself. I just don't get it.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post
    That was a good video.

S.J. will never be the player M. Faulk was.

Every year S.J. gets a little over a thousand yards and considers himself one of the elete players of the NFL.

In my opinion back up RB C. Williams could of got a thousand yards rushing with the Rams last year as the starter.
    Draft RB T. Richardson or DT Fletcher Cox. It's who the face of the franchise Jeff Fisher wants to build his team with.
    If Rams wanting Safety Barron trade down for more picks and then draft him.
    Jackson got over 1000 yards being the only offensive weapon on the team and playing injured/missing games. To think he isn't an elite NFL player is just wrong.

I will simply say this: there aren't many other running backs that would have played like Jackson did against New Orleans last year.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

For what it's worth...Adam Schefter was reporting yesterday on ESPN that Barron is climbing fast.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Jackson got over 1000 yards being the only offensive weapon on the team and playing injured/missing games. To think he isn't an elite NFL player is just wrong.

I will simply say this: there aren't many other running backs that would have played like Jackson did against New Orleans last year.
    Or who play like Jackson does period. The guy is the embodiment of the warrior RB. It's amazing what he has done with teams focusing on him as the only weapon in St. Louis. The box is constantly stacked against him, his line is failing to open holes, and yet he can still grind out 1,000 yards. Put him on a better team and he could probably get a few hundred more yards in a season, and actually get the chance to score touchdowns.

He also always seems to go into superhuman mode against the Saints. Maybe he just hates them, but man, they seem to be unable to tackle him, like, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    You're just making assumptions based on your own perception of Steven Jackson. Last week, Jackson was asked by a reporter how he'd feel if the Rams drafted his successor this year. You must have missed his response:
    I know how I feel when I hear SJ speak, I'm just not a big fan. That being said I support the guy 100 percent and I know what he has means to this team an organization.

I heard what he said but what will he do...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12