Thread: Marshawn Lynch

Judaxi is offline Registered User

Marshawn Lynch

Hey guys, I was just thinking that Buffalo has a stable of RB's and probably would be willing to trade Lynch. With Sjax's back surgery I feel like Lynch would be a great addition to our team. I also don't think it would cost much since the most that a team has gotten for a RB in a while has been a 5th. What do you guys think?

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: Marshawn Lynch

From a couple of weeks ago:

Buffalo GM Buddy Nix: Bills have no plans to trade RB Marshawn Lynch

Bills GM Buddy Nix said Wednesday that the team has no plans to trade former Pro Bowl RB Marshawn Lynch.
    "Our intention is for Marshawn to be here," Nix told reporters, via the Buffalo News. "He's under contract. We think he's a good back. We need two backs. Our intentions are for him to be here. All this trade talk, it's not coming from us."
    Lynch has been mentioned in trade rumors and has not been participating in the team's offseason workout program.
    After serving a suspension at the start of last season, Lynch lost his starting job to Fred Jackson and rushed for just 450 yards. He made the Pro Bowl in 2008.
    Nix said the Bills would like Lynch to participate in the voluntary offseason program, and was asked if Lynch requested a trade.
    "Look guys," Nix told reporters. "He don't make that decision. He's under contract to us. We're going to do what's best for the Bills. We need Marshawn, and we expect him to show up when it's mandatory." -- Sean Leahy

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

those quotes don't seem convincing, hes available. its just a matter of how much are you willing to pay, on a couple of levels.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TylerBishop View Post
    those quotes don't seem convincing, hes available. its just a matter of how much are you willing to pay, on a couple of levels.
    Regardless, he doesn't have the cleanest history in the world...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Judaxi is offline Registered User

Ah I didn't see that quote before. I still find it hard that they want to keep Lynch after drafting spiller and FJax's season last year. Hopefully we can find a suitable backup for SJax.

Rambow is offline Registered User

When the SB was in AZ a few years back, some cats i know went with Glazer to a SB party out here, where a ton of NFL players were at. They said Marshawn Lynch is the biggest Douche on the planet, he was all drunk trying to start fights. He even called the homie out who is currently signed with the UFC. When he declined Lynch got in his boxing stance and started shadow boxing to taunt my friend. After hearing this I would hate to have this douche nozzle wearing the horns. Go DArby!!!!!!!!

LA Rammer is online now Registered User

The only backup that seems plausible is Westbrook. Packers weren't willing to deal with him. At this point it's Rams or bust for him. He essentially came in for a physical and passed. Usually in a situation like this it would come down to dollars and cents, not to mention whether he would play for a team. No contract was negotiated so either he doesn't want to play for the Rams, who are not contenders, or waiting until training camp. He is a veteran and usually players in his position would sit out as much as they can to get healthy.

And so in my final analysis and correct me if I'm wrong, Westbrook is still possible and makes the most sense.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

general counsel is offline Registered User

I would have rather had lynch than carpenter for barron.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

I would pass on Lynch, no doubt, and I don't think he is the kind of guy Spag's wants to bring in.

Billy D is big on intangibles, and Lynch has bad ones.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Lynch has tons of potential. But unless they let him out of prison for games there is too much risk. I think he will be a Pacman type guy in trouble his whole career.

cfh128 is online now Registered User

I don't see Buffalo parting with Lynch anyway. With a new coaching staff in place, and Fred Jackson pushing 30, I think they are going to give Lynch a clean slate and hope that he and Spiller can form a dominating 1-2 punch for years to come.

3STL9 is offline Registered User

Even if Buffalo wanted him out, which I think they might by trade deadline...2 words: No Thanks

- We already have a power smashmouth back in Jackson. We need a breaking tackles, agility, speed, 3rd down back as a backup.
    - With the kind of production and the baggage he carries, he is just not worth it for us period.