Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    keith m. klink Guest
    Yes , look at MR. WARNER, i was one of the people that wanted him to stay and trade BULGER .big deal !. And yes , If a rookie is drafted within the first 2 rounds he should be in the position to start, period . I don't take some ROOKIE getting picked in the second round for milions of dollars not be able to start, and i know that every position is not the same , but this learning curve crap is too much . EITHER YOUR GOOD ENOUGH TO GO THAT HIGH AND GET PAID FOR IT OR NOT.

I really would be interested to see all the offensive line rosters from the NFL and see just how bad our personel is , and how great everyone else's really are. . REALLY , Most of you sit here every year and say if we get this guy and this guy and draft that guy and that guy , then our offense LIKE MAGIC has 3 new starters and 2 are rookies starting , and all these FREE AGENTS that we just signed for 5 years are now sub's to these rookies you talk so highly of . SO yes , I expect LONG - AVERY and even GRECO should be able to come in and start .

And it really sucks being a fan of the ONLY team in the NFL who's offensive line gets injuries and loose games played every years, maybe we should ask the other teams how their players don't get hurt and how is it that their rookies can start and our's shouldn't have to because there on a learning curve . BULLCRAP !

As you can see i'm having a bad headache day again!!

And what , if by chance our offensive line made little change at all and won many games and went all the way to the playoffs with the same amount of injuries. Is it luck , personnel or the play of the ( LEARNING CURVE ROOKIES ).

I believe we need 1 -OT , and 1 -C ( franchise Center ) ,
    I would be all for OT-Jordan Gross-Caralina , or C- Jason Brown -Ravens . ( GROSS -PACE -BARRON ) but still a mid round rookie to develope as the 3rd Tackle when PACE steps down + ( re-signing of Barron ? ) . ( and what of Swiss army knife GOLDBERG ? , thats GRECO'S new role .T/G../.. G.T

And if Setterstrom can play Center( which he worked on until injuries ) and i think he can ! he should be able to play until the new ROOKIE FRANCHISE CENTER is set . This free's up Romberg to move on , and keep LECKEY as the 3rd C/G

And with BELL - GRECO - SCHUENNING /and SETTERSTROM C/G . This will give us the option of giving away or maybe a small trade involving COGNITO .
    Last edited by Nick; -01-13-2009 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Merging three back to back to back posts

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: Matt cassell- franchise qb???

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    Yes , look at MR. WARNER, i was one of the people that wanted him to stay and trade BULGER .big deal !. And yes , If a rookie is drafted within the first 2 rounds he should be in the position to start, period . I don't take some ROOKIE getting picked in the second round for milions of dollars not be able to start, and i know that every position is not the same , but this learning curve crap is too much . EITHER YOUR GOOD ENOUGH TO GO THAT HIGH AND GET PAID FOR IT OR NOT.

I really would be interested to see all the offensive line rosters from the NFL and see just how bad our personel is , and how great everyone else's really are. . REALLY , Most of you sit here every year and say if we get this guy and this guy and draft that guy and that guy , then our offense LIKE MAGIC has 3 new starters and 2 are rookies starting , and all these FREE AGENTS that we just signed for 5 years are now sub's to these rookies you talk so highly of . SO yes , I expect LONG - AVERY and even GRECO should be able to come in and start .

And it really sucks being a fan of the ONLY team in the NFL who's offensive line gets injuries and loose games played every years, maybe we should ask the other teams how their players don't get hurt and how is it that their rookies can start and our's shouldn't have to because there on a learning curve . BULLCRAP !

As you can see i'm having a bad headache day again!!
    If you have noticed, we haven't done anything majorly over the past years in the FA. The only big thing we did was sign Josh Brown, a KICKER.

Of course we all expect them to start, who wouldn't right?

But, you have to keep in mind the transition to the NFL from college is not a minor change. It's pretty big.

Usually it takes them a year or so, or maybe more, to develop the stuff they need to succeed. Some rookies will succeed, some won't.

Now you wonder why some rookie receivers look so GOOD when they come into the NFL?

Consider maybe that it is not because it is not always their skil.l They usually have a steady, good HC, some good players around them, and a QB who doesn't.

And most of the people on this board DO want Greco to start. Only the important people, (Haslett, Saunders) don't know that.

keith m. klink Guest

I thought BELL was an o.k.pickup , WITHERSPOON was pretty good at the time i thought CHAVOUS was good also . Does signing OUR free agents like TINO and LEONARD , BULGER , JACKSON and upcoming guy's like ATOGWE and BARTELL , V.A. do they count in free agency since , well they are free agents .

The Rat King is offline Registered User

lol @ wanting Cassell. He is garbage. He is the epitome of a system QB. NE's system involves nothing but short passes with the occasional bomb to Moss. It's basically the NFL version of the spread offense. If Cassell goes anywhere else, he will not succeed.

keith m. klink Guest

The whole sign Cassell or Warner was a wishful jest . I 'm not satisfied with the performance and pretty much all out play of Bulger for the time since his tontract got signed. if we are getting a new coach and the possible owner change , than change it , grab a strong nucleus and just rebuild a total new identity for the Rams . It was that kinda message . if Bulger can't do it this year , someone has to be there to take over and lead and not have to look back to see if Bulger gets a spark . A young kid with a big arm and a new team for everyone to jump on board with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12