Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Matthew Stafford - Is he a possibility?

Firstly, I don't think we're going to take a QB with our #2 pick. I've just seen on plenty other message boards about people hollering for Bulger's head and how we should take a QB first. So I ask you people, if Detroit were to pass on him and take Eugene Monroe (essentially taking our selection like Miami did last season), do the Rams take Stafford? I saw these two videos today, and in his defense, he obviously looks like he is ready for the NFL:

Stafford: QB Skills - ESPN Video - ESPN

He is working with Terry Shea, our QB coach from 2008, who is teaching him to work on the quick, accurate passing game of the WCO. Coincidentally, the same system we will employ here in St. Louis.

NFL Combine: Interview Process - ESPN Video - ESPN

I think this video shows he definitely has the savvy and knowledge of a young athlete in order to make the transition to the NFL much smoother.

Once again, I don't believe we will take a QB at #2 simply because of Bulger and the greater needs we have in other areas, but I can definitely see why scouts drool over this guy. Thoughts?

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Matthew Stafford - Is he a possibility?

No. They do not take Stafford. If we do take Stafford, it's to trade him away.

We clearly have bigger needs than a QB. Remember, that Bulger was a probowl QB and if he has the right tools around him, he may be capable of playing at that level again.

If we lose Eugene Monroe...the sky will fall at my house. haha. He's the pick I'm going for now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post

We clearly have bigger needs than a QB. Remember, that Bulger was a probowl QB and if he has the right tools around him, he may be capable of playing at that level again.

If we lose Eugene Monroe...the sky will fall at my house. haha. He's the pick I'm going for now.
    Probowl, probowl, are you talking about the probowl........ I would settle for a full season and more TD's versus INT's.....

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Probowl, probowl, are you talking about the probowl........ I would settle for a full season and more TD's versus INT's.....
    And Stafford would deliver this??? I like the prospects of Bulger in the West Coast offense.
    Just Fix It

Crap, I thought it would only take one post to see a Bulger hater post in here

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post

We want take a QB with the 2 pick and I hope Bulger regain his form. But I got a feeling the new coach will be looking to the future if he donít get it going. Back to back down years and a coach who will be looking to make his on mark want stand and canít afford to wait and hope this guy becomes a pro bowler again. But if he can manage the offense and keep us in games that would be good enough for a while. I do think the rams will address the QB spot in the draft somewhere and might bring in a vet FA.
    :ramlogo:

djdeeznutz Guest

I would say no to Stafford:

If the Lions did take Monroe we would take Crabtree (my favorite) or Curry.

But i would not rule out a QB. Lets say Mark Sanchez does not go in the 1st round. Then i think the Rams would leap frog the Chiefs and trade up (only 2 spots) and take Sanchez before the cheifs.

I think Stafford will become a bust in the NFL. Just somthing about his game just makes me think he is so overrated. I think he will be like that other QB the lions took in the 1st round (whats his name he started for the Falcons last year his name is like harrison or somthing).

Spyederman is offline Registered User

We have so many more needs than a QB!!! If we can get some stability in the OL and not be decimated by injuries like the past 2 years and give Bulger a little time to throw the ball he'll be fine. How many QB's would have had good years behind the OL we've put on the field the past two years? Had Michael Vick been our QB (I'm not saying I want that for one minute) behind our line last year he might have run for 2,000 yards.
    A new coach and atmosphere, a healthy Bennett, Jackson, some continued improvement from the young WR's and that stability along the line and I can see Bulger throwing for 3500 yds, and 20-22 TD passes.
    I agree and think we may address the QB position later in the draft after all Bulger will be 32 in a couple months but certainly not with the 2nd pick in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by djdeeznutz View Post
    But i would not rule out a QB. Lets say Mark Sanchez does not go in the 1st round. Then i think the Rams would leap frog the Chiefs and trade up (only 2 spots) and take Sanchez before the cheifs.
    There is no way in hell Sanchez lasts until the second round, and if he did, we would be complete lunatics to pass on him. He won't get past Minnesota at #24, and honestly I'm of the notion if he is still there we should trade up to get him before Minnesota does. It would involve little to no risk based on the contract he would receive and our need for a future QB of his talents is huge. But again, no way he lasts that long.