keith m. klink Guest

Maybe , they are overrated.

sometimes people get caught up in a players senior season, or the past season , instead of looking at all around talent . the more i look at players like Alan Branch , and Ted Ginn , the more i think that some players are overrated. Branch is a HUGE, I MEAN HUGE MAN. but to be a 1st round player, and the top player at your position, you have to come into this league as a differance maker, a stud , an anchor for the team to build. i don't see this in BRANCH. and as for GINN. yes he is lightning fast, and might be the next coming of GOD in the return game , but he is raw, his routes are terrible , and his strength to go toe to toe with NFL cb's and safeties , i just don't see. so maybe we all should look a little harder, and make sure the players we want , are the players we really WANT.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Maybe , they are overrated.

but to be a 1st round player, and the top player at your position, you have to come into this league as a differance maker, a stud , an anchor for the team to build

Branch is a HUGE, I MEAN HUGE MAN.
    Ok he has the size, so what do you see that makes you think he can't be a Difference maker, a stud , an anchor for the team.

GINN. yes he is lightning fast, and might be the next coming of GOD in the return game
    Again sounds like he will be a difference maker, we once had a guy that retuned kicks for TD he made a hugh difference.

Ginn is so fast in college he did not have to run great routes, he will now have to work on that.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    sometimes people get caught up in a players senior season, or the past season , instead of looking at all around talent . the more i look at players like Alan Branch , and Ted Ginn , the more i think that some players are overrated. Branch is a HUGE, I MEAN HUGE MAN. but to be a 1st round player, and the top player at your position, you have to come into this league as a differance maker, a stud , an anchor for the team to build. i don't see this in BRANCH. and as for GINN. yes he is lightning fast, and might be the next coming of GOD in the return game , but he is raw, his routes are terrible , and his strength to go toe to toe with NFL cb's and safeties , i just don't see. so maybe we all should look a little harder, and make sure the players we want , are the players we really WANT.
    Well, I think that the new scouting staff has a pretty good feel for the kids in this years draft. that's why we haven't heard much from the coaching staff about who they are really targeting. We can speculate all we want about who we think they are going to take, but 9 times out of 10 we are usually wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised if the team moves down in order to grab someone they think is a better fit for our team.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

keith m. klink Guest

Rambos, take a look at his season past. some plays he was great, manny plays , he wasn't even there. he faded away during the game , had to take manny plays off, and sometimes was totally imobilized by lesser players, with better conditioning. that he dosn't have that every down , every day total effort desire to be successful. kinda the same way kennedy was described when he came out.and as for ginn, unless he scored a touchdown every game as a returner, NOT WORTH A 1ST ROUND PICK. and if a first rounder can't get off the line and run a good route, why is he on the field, and how will YOU defend picking him in the first round.

Dominator is offline Registered User

Which guy without any question marks do you have on your draft board? After CJ I don't think there are any. The closest might be Carriker and he wasn't exactly a dynamic player at Nebraska.

keith m. klink Guest

every player has a question mark , this is talking about who i thought was an overrated player that some people want us to take with the 13th pick. and picks before that.i am not totally sold on branch , not even at 13th. i could be wrong, i could be insanely wrong, and my oppinion doesn't mean crap to the rams our any of you guy's on here, i'm pretty sure of that. i wouldn't take ginn. i wouldn't even think of taking him before the 25th pick. let alone the 13th. that is my oppinion, and i don't expect everyone to agree, it is just a shared thought on the information i get from differant sources, that's all. i don't agree with everyone and everything here, and sometimes i get downright mean to some of these guy's for the crap they say. some of it sounds like a 2nd grader is talking, and has nothing to do about anything . i just thought that if we shared what we honestly think, and things that we know, we would all be better to make an informed judgement . that's all. sorry if i upset the masses with my thought.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

So who in this draft is the massive 320 pound nose tackle who never tires on the field and consistently wins every battle they face? Show me that player and I'll be the first one lining up for his bandwagon. I guess my point is, are 320 pound monsters really supposed to be in peak physical shape? If so, they'd probably be making their money in body building instead of playing professional football.

In a day and age where combine numbers are examined under a microscope for any perceivable flaw, it's easy to forget that the guys in the trenches are, to put it bluntly, big and fat and probably not in the best physical shape. I certainly wouldn't expect to see them first in line to do wind sprints after practice because let's face it - that's a lot of weight to carry around and doing so probably isn't what they look forward to the most.

So is that enough to scare people away from a prospect? I dunno, that's up to each person individually. The way I hear it, neither Shaun Rogers nor John Henderson are the most motivated of players and neither is in the best shape of their lives. Doesn't stop them from showing up on game day and being flat out dominant. Obviously someone's physical conditioning isn't something you can just ignore, but in the case of a 320 pound guy who is basically going to be asked to not get pushed around and take up space on the inside, I don't think it's as considerable a red flag as some others might.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I guess my point is, are 320 pound monsters really supposed to be in peak physical shape? If so, they'd probably be making their money in body building instead of playing professional football.

In a day and age where combine numbers are examined under a microscope for any perceivable flaw, it's easy to forget that the guys in the trenches are, to put it bluntly, big and fat and probably not in the best physical shape. I certainly wouldn't expect to see them first in line to do wind sprints after practice because let's face it - that's a lot of weight to carry around and doing so probably isn't what they look forward to the most.
    You make good points regarding conditioning for the BIG guys. "Tires easily" and "takes plays off" are becoming familiar refrains these days, but when you think about it -- these guys aren't basketball players -- not to put too fine a point on it, they are brutes. I doubt Gilbert Brown or Tony Siragusa went out of their way to run wind sprints and both of them did ok ... So being overly critical of 340+ pounders not being in peak condition let alone pillars of pulchritude doesn't make a lot of sense actually ... Valid points Nick.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

i feel all these guys are overrated until they play a game in the NFL. what they did in college means nothing now,it's time to step up and play with the big boys, we have all seen can't miss college players do just that,get here and not pan out, and then you have 7th rd guys become big stars,so you just don't know.

keith m. klink Guest

NICK, i agree you make a valid dispute of my opinion, and your way of looking at it makes a lot of sense. and indeed , if the rams do end up getting branch at #13, i could not disagree with them doing so. they are the pro's, i'm just a fan of the team that takes interest in them. as we all are i'm sure, and the points you make throughout this team site are well thought out and in my case and i'm sure , many others have alot of respect for your opinions. i'm sure we will be happy with whoever the rams draft. but would everyone , including you , be ok, with the rams trading up to say, #5-6 to draft him. this is where many have him projected to go. so if he is the player everyone said he is , than everyone should be ok with them giving away some draft picks, some 2's and 3's, to move up to get him. everyone has him as the highest rated and best DT in the draft. so, would you press the go button .

Dominator is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    every player has a question mark , this is talking about who i thought was an overrated player that some people want us to take with the 13th pick. and picks before that.i am not totally sold on branch , not even at 13th. i could be wrong, i could be insanely wrong, and my oppinion doesn't mean crap to the rams our any of you guy's on here, i'm pretty sure of that. i wouldn't take ginn. i wouldn't even think of taking him before the 25th pick. let alone the 13th. that is my oppinion, and i don't expect everyone to agree, it is just a shared thought on the information i get from differant sources, that's all. i don't agree with everyone and everything here, and sometimes i get downright mean to some of these guy's for the crap they say. some of it sounds like a 2nd grader is talking, and has nothing to do about anything . i just thought that if we shared what we honestly think, and things that we know, we would all be better to make an informed judgement . that's all. sorry if i upset the masses with my thought.

Your thought is your thought. I don't think you upset anyone. You certainly didn't upset me. IMO, the Rams will be lucky to see Branch (or Okoye) at 13 and if either is there they should run to the podium. As for Ginn, I don't know if he's overrated, but I'm pretty sure he won't go too early. He has basically fallen out of round 1 as far as I'm concerned. He hasn't been able to run and without a sick 40 time he is pretty unlikely to go in the first. As a Jet fan, I can tell you that he WILL NOT go at #25. He'd be a hell of a luxury to have if he's still around in the 2nd because his return skills are tremendous and though he's raw his speed should make him a useful wr while he develops.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Yo maybe we should pull a "replacements" and just go pick up a massive su-mo wrestler for an NT. If all you guys think we need is a fatty to push the line back, then why haven't we done that?

keith m. klink Guest

Now that is funny, you can't tell me that wouldn't sell tickets, but you would have to put horns on a blue and gold GATERADE bucket for a helmet.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Dominator View Post
    As for Ginn, I don't know if he's overrated, but I'm pretty sure he won't go too early. He has basically fallen out of round 1 as far as I'm concerned. He hasn't been able to run and without a sick 40 time he is pretty unlikely to go in the first.
    I would be shocked if Ted Ginn doesn't go in the first round. I don't disagree that not being able to run and work out has hurt his stock a bit, but it's not as if scouts and teams don't have three years of tape to see that he's a fast guy. At this point I still see him in round one, and I can't imagine him falling further than the early 20's. He's scheduled to run for scouts in mid April, so if he does well he's once again rising back up boards.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!