• 6 Post By ZiaRam
  • 1 Post By mde8352gorams

Thread: Mayock likes where Rams are sitting at Nos. 16 and 22/PD

RamBill is offline Registered User

Mayock likes where Rams are sitting at Nos. 16 and 22/PD

Draft analyst likes where Rams are sitting at Nos. 16 and 22
    • By Jim Thomas

Draft analyst likes where Rams are sitting at Nos. 16 and 22 : Sports

In a year without much sizzle at the top, NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock says the Rams are in a good spot in the first round.

“I think St. Louis is in really good position,” Mayock said during a Monday conference call. “I don’t like being in the top 10 this year. I’d much rather be at 16 and 22.”

The Rams have the No. 16 and No. 22 overall picks, with the first of those two their original pick and the second coming from Washington in the Robert Griffin III trade last March.

“At 16, if they want to get an offensive tackle — or let’s just say, offensive lineman — they’re gonna be able to get a heckuva player,” Mayock said. “I think Eric Fisher (Central Michigan) and Luke Joeckel (Texas A&M) will be gone. So the question is — is Lane Johnson of Oklahoma there? If he’s there, I think he makes a ton of sense.

“D.J. Fluker (Alabama) is the next tackle. I think he will be there at 16, and he may be there at 22 unless there’s a run on tackles.

“When you’re talking about the wide receiver position, I think Cordarrelle Patterson’s (Tennessee) probably gone (by) 16. I think at 22, you’ll be looking at will Keenan Allen (California) make sense? And after that, I think you’re reaching at the wide receiver position.”

At safety, Mayock thinks Kenny Vaccaro of Texas probably will be gone by No. 16. Tight end or outside linebacker could be possibilities as well. At No. 22, Mayock believes his top three-ranked tight ends all begin to come into play: Zach Ertz (Stanford), Tyler Eifert (Notre Dame), and Gavin Escobar (San Diego State).
    ZiaRam likes this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Mayock likes where Rams are sitting at Nos. 16 and 22/PD

Honestly out of all the so called draft gurus I think Mayock is by far the best analyst.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamBill View Post

“When you’re talking about the wide receiver position, I think Cordarrelle Patterson’s (Tennessee) probably gone (by) 16.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I really agree with Mayock, this is a middle of the road type draft where there aren't too many elite, sure-fire players, but many solid ones. I do enjoy Mayock's commentary and agree with ZiaRam. He appears to do his homework on these prospects and knows what he's talking about when he speaks. Being an analyst for Notre Dame games gives him the necessary reason to study.

Go Rams!
    ZiaRam likes this.