Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    TheRammer Guest

McCoy > Bradford?

as per another thread..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39
    Listening to 101 ESPN St Louis Radio and Trent Dilfer was giving his opinion on this years QB's in the draft. He has watched every snap of Bradford, Colt McCoy and Jimmy Clausen. In fact he has watched all Bradford's career three times.
    He believes the Rams are making a grave mistake, if they draft Bradford.
    Colt McCoy is much the better prospect in his eyes, showing the skills, which will much better to translate to the NFL. He believes Bradford will struggle with pressure, be unable to keep plays alive, and struggle with the mental side.
    He said he is very worried for the Rams and was quite convincing with his points.
    Is anyone in the same mindset?...

Yes 100%. McCoy will be a better NFL QB than Bradford will be. I'm sorry if you are on the Bradford band wagon and put your future Rams success and hopes already in Bradford, but the media and whoever else has blown up Bradford.

Why is it when they were playing football still SUH was the number one draft pick hands down? Because he was the best college football player that was playing that had a impact on his team. Now Bradford is? what has changed? Nothing! Media blows things up and changes so many things that it changes peoples mindsets.

McCoy and Bradford have both had bad games like any human being has bad games or times, thats a none issue. But what McCoy has to offer has far more upside, he doesn't have that media storm to build up his stock. The people who think he has this great potential aren't saying anything because they want everyone to think he will slip to the 2nd round. Those same people will take him sometime in the mid 1st round.

I pray and hope we take BPA SUH as our no.1 pick and we trade up and take McCoy in the first. We get a generation DT and our QB of the future. With great leadership and a will to be the best.

Before you respond in negative please open your mind up and think about
    Last edited by TheRammer; -04-03-2010 at 07:31 PM.

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Re: McCoy > Bradford?

I was in the hopeful mindset of taking Suh at #1 and McCoy in the second. But you are right people have changed my mind about Bradford. But no matter what I'll be behind Spags/Devaney's decision coming in 18 days.

I was in the hopeful mindset of taking Suh at #1 and McCoy in the second. But you are right people have changed my mind about Bradford. But no matter what I'll be behind Spags/Devaney's decision coming in 19 days.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

You can't guarantee he'll have a better career than Bradford, that's just ridiculous. I'm fine with either scenario and people who know me understand that I have always been an advocate to get Suh in the first and McCoy in the second round. If the Rams feel Bradford is the best pick and the future QB of this franchise then I'm also fine with getting him at #1. Either way we have good options...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

TheRammer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    You can't guarantee he'll have a better career than Bradford, that's just ridiculous. I'm fine with either scenario and people who know me understand that I have always been an advocate to get Suh in the first and McCoy in the second round. If the Rams feel Bradford is the best pick and the future QB of this franchise then I'm also fine with getting him at #1. Either way we have good options...
    Who is given gurantees about this? Who's to say either one dont' suffer career ending inury? No one... there are no gurantees in the NFL but listen if you don't realise that Bradford got blown up from the media roller coaster I don't think you have any red flags to be raised. I almost always agree with what you have to be say, you have great sense. But seriously you think McCoy is going to last till the 2nd round? Noo way...

Varg6 is offline Registered User

The guy you quoted said that... "McCoy will be a better NFL QB than Bradford will be." So I was just going by that.

I have no doubt in my mind that he is/was being overhyped. But being a fan I will admit I'm a sucker for it. I can't help but be excited to think we may be drafting our QB of the future. I've always rooted for Bradford and always liked him so I'd be happy if he becomes a Ram. If he's our pick at #1, I trust that the Front Office made the right decision. I haven't had confidence in the FO like that in quite some time.

For some time a lot of people had McCoy falling to the 2nd round... It'll be interesting.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

McCoy has some nice qualities, but he does not have an arm like Bradford's.

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Since the season ended, Bradford gained 14 pounds of muscle, and has had his shoulder checked out by close to 1,000,000 doctors. Before that he was expected to be the number one last year. Its not like the media has hyped him up with nothing to back it

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Man, there just trying to stir up some drama. Not once have I ever heard anyone compare Sam Bradford to anyone in this draft as a "close runner up".

TheRammer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    The guy you quoted said that... "McCoy will be a better NFL QB than Bradford will be." So I was just going by that.

For some time a lot of people had McCoy falling to the 2nd round... It'll be interesting.
    Ohh ok my bad Varq
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    McCoy has some nice qualities, but he does not have an arm like Bradford's.
    What? you crazy dude? lol No where anywhere does this have any where to have a leg to stand on. If anything they'd be close to comparable as far as arm strength goes.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    Since the season ended, Bradford gained 14 pounds of muscle, and has had his shoulder checked out by close to 1,000,000 doctors. Before that he was expected to be the number one last year. Its not like the media has hyped him up with nothing to back it
    But that was last year, this is tthis year and the best player in the draft is SUH hands down.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheRammer View Post
    Ohh ok my bad Varq

What? you crazy dude? lol No where anywhere does this have any where to have a leg to stand on. If anything they'd be close to comparable as far as arm strength goes.

But that was last year, this is tthis year and the best player in the draft is SUH hands down.
    Who were the players last year?

Matthew Stafford = a projected franchise QB.

Alex Mack = best center prospect to come out in years.

B.J Raji = dominant NT.

Tyson Jackson = Best 3-4 end in the draft.

Jason Smith = ultra athletic LT with massive upside

Aaron Curry = thought to be the best linebacker prospect to come out in a long time.

Mark Sanchez = another projected franchise QB.

Eugene Monroe = textbook technician LT. Franchise tackle.

Michael Crabtree = dynamic receiver and playmaker.

And Bradford was suppose to be taken before any of them.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by TheRammer View Post
    No where anywhere does this have any where to have a leg to stand on.
    Um... what?

Tell you what... why don't you go and take some English lessons, then come back and we'll talk.

TheRammer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post

And Bradford was suppose to be taken before any of them.
    pure speculation, Alot of people still thought Stafford would of been taken first...
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -04-04-2010 at 06:27 PM.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

there are too many questions surrounding Bradford, and sadly one of the main reasons he's a top pick is because he passes "the look test" meaning when you "look" at the guy he's your prototypical NFL QB; meaning he's 6'4", strong arm, etc. however that means nothing when it comes to how well he'll play in the league as we've seen several players with "the look" come in and bomb as 1st round QB's. If it weren't for the injury (which was more serious than McCoy's) then maybe you'd be able to sway me, but as of right now I say you draft:

Round 1: Suh
    Round 2: McCoy
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -04-04-2010 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Watch it Rammer, you might get docked some rep points by a certain big bad moderator (lol)!

But seriously, there are too many questions surrounding Bradford, and sadly one of the main reasons he's a top pick is because he passes "the look test" meaning when you "look" at the guy he's your prototypical NFL QB; meaning he's 6'4", strong arm, etc. however that means nothing when it comes to how well he'll play in the league as we've seen several players with "the look" come in and bomb as 1st round QB's. If it weren't for the injury (which was more serious than McCoy's) then maybe you'd be able to sway me, but as of right now I say you draft:

Round 1: Suh
    Round 2: McCoy
    but the thing is that McCoy will not last till round 2.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast