Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    tmbkb8 is offline Registered User

Re: McCoy > Bradford?

This is why Trent Dilfer is on ESPN and does not have a coaching job.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I think with the Rams running a West coast offence Colt McCoy would have a great career as a Ram.

I also think Bradford is the better QB, with more upside and could fit in any system in the NFL.

When I study the College QB play for draft purposes the first thing I look for is accuracy. Then mechanics & arm strength. I think Bradford is the complete package.

No matter what QB Rams draft I prefer them to sit on the bench and learn the system for a year. This is a uncapped year Keep QB Bulger as the starter. He was playing good until WR L. Robinson went down. If Bulger plays good for the season now the Rams have trade bait and the Rookie has a year under his Belt. QB K. Null will have 2 seasons under his belt. No Rookie QB should be the starter. Unless the Rams want the first pick again next year.

I still want the Rams to trade down for more picks with the 1st & 2nd round picks.

Here's a ? for u. Rams draft Suh. Lions draft G. McCoy DT. Bucs need DT help bad and want Suh. Would u trade Suh to the Bucs for there pick and just there extra 2nd round pick?

I love a great defence. I would make the trade and take QB Bradford.
    I still thnk Rams need a DE more than a DT.

I would also move down to clevelands 2nd round spot for a extra 3rd. thats 5 spots for a extra 3rd round pick.

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    McCoy has some nice qualities, but he does not have an arm like Bradford's.
    Neither did Joe Montana-- not to say that Mcoy is the next Montana, but in the west coast offense, a QB doesnt need a rocket arm.

Im amazed with all the serious Rams here and very meticulous manner in which many here go to great lengths to find solid proof to back up their statements, that people have actually joined this

Bradwagon. And again, supporting the Spagnew-olo-olos coaching regime.

I feel like im watching some brainwashed commune. Am I the only one un moved by Sam Bradwagon? and his purely Big 12 passing skills?

Suh is the right choice-- so what if we drafted DL int he #1 slot prior years, as none of thise choices compared to what Suh has accomplished in his career.

And if you look back at OK under Stoops-- he has always had great passing QBs in his system that have put up ridiculous numbers compared to their peers that played at the same time. And where are these QBS now?-- a heisman trophy winner to boot as well.
    Last edited by punahou; -04-06-2010 at 08:13 AM.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

mccoy is definitely a reasonable option, his arm is probably a little bit underrated at this point and he's certainly accurate. i don't know that he makes it to our pick in the 2nd round, which makes it almost impossible to pass on bradford assuming he'll actually fall there. both guys played in gimmicky college spread systems, and have a lot to learn, but sam is a little bit closer and has the overall better throwing ability.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    Neither did Joe Montana-- not to say that Mcoy is the next Montana, but in the west coast offense, a QB doesnt need a rocket arm.
    True, but I don't think McCoy has as strong an arm as Montana. As I've noted before, I'd compare his physical skills to Jeff Garcia.

And if you look back at OK under Stoops-- he has always had great passing QBs in his system that have put up ridiculous numbers compared to their peers that played at the same time. And where are these QBS now?-- a heisman trophy winner to boot as well.
    So? Should the Colts have passed on Peyton Manning because Heath Shuler was a bust? Are the Eagles wrong to rely on Kevin Kolb because David Klingler and Andre Ware were busts? Did Jim Kelly and Bernie Kosar's success ensure that Gino Torretta, Steve Walsh and Ken Dorsey would be good pros?

You have to look at the individual players, not just the systems they played under in college.

Head Slap is offline Registered User

McCoy might fit the west coast offense better IMHO but like y'all said falling to 33 is not likely

that is what the rams run right? west coast? I forgot.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Im amazed with all the serious Rams here and very meticulous manner in which many here go to great lengths to find solid proof to back up their statements, that people have actually joined this

I feel like im watching some brainwashed commune. Am I the only one un moved by Sam Bradwagon? and his purely Big 12 passing skills?

Suh is the right choice-- so what if we drafted DL int he #1 slot prior years, as none of thise choices compared to what Suh has accomplished in his career.

Sounds like someone is on a wagon of his own. Suwagon? Swagon?

Is it wrong to try and find sloid proof for your statements? or should we be like you and neglect all of Bradford's attributes because some former QBs who played in a similar system sucked in the NFL....

Why weren't they top 5 prospects coming out? Perhaps there is a reason we want Bradford (well i do). Perhaps he looks to be the real deal.....Perhaps im not brainwashed and ive looked at the guy instead of the stats and his TEAM's system history....
    Last edited by Nick; -04-06-2010 at 04:11 PM. Reason: No need for the personal attack

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

First, just because you say it is doesn't make it the right choice. Second Suh has the exact same NFL career as Bradford; nothing. Why people constantly say he WILL be taking double teams and be an instant impact player is beyond me. He will still be a rookie, and would still have an adjustment time much like Bradford will.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123