Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: McFadden '08 ~ 'It's in the Game!'

I hate to state the obvious, but the Vikings did not have an All-Pro at the position when they drafted Peterson. It is also not coincidental that he was running behind a line with Steve Hutchison and Matt Birk on it. If you want to spark our offense, give Bulger time and Jackson holes to run through. A receiver to replace Bruce might be nice.

But if you draft McFadden either you don't trade Jackson and we lose him next off-season anyway which would be a very bad idea, or you do trade Jackson in which case I would question why we would think McFadden would be a better choice.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

CBS Sportsine draft prospect/player profile, Darren McFadden: Compares to - Marshall Faulk ex St. Louis Rams...McFadden is a stronger runner than Faulk, but both are blessed with exceptional vision, using pitter-patter feet to get through trash and the "home run" acceleration to separate from defenders past the line of scrimmage. He is an efficient receiver out of the backfield, running precise routes and could even be split wide.
    Boomer - 1999 ~ "Marshall!, Marshall!, Marshall!"
    Boomer - 2008 ~ "McFadden!, McFadden!, McFadden!"
    Rams will regret passing up on a fine talent, who could solely change a teams success right away, Better than any rookie DE or OT could. Talk about needs, Hows the Rams running game since Marshall?
    Last edited by dgr828; -04-20-2008 at 02:12 AM. Reason: add h
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    CBS Sportsine draft prospect/player profile, Darren McFadden: Compares to - Marshall Faulk ex St. Louis Rams...McFadden is a stronger runner than Faulk, but both are blessed with exceptional vision, using pitter-patter feet to get trough trash and the "home run" acceleration to separate from defenders past the line of scrimmage. He is an efficient receiver out of the backfield, running precise routes and could even be split wide.
    Boomer - 1999 ~ "Marshall!, Marshall!, Marshall!"
    Boomer - 2008 ~ "McFadden!, McFadden!, McFadden!"
    Rams will regret passing up on a fine talent, who could solely change a teams success right away, Better than any rookie DE or OT could. Talk about needs, Hows the Rams running game since Marshall?
    Steven Jackson says, "Hello."

Seriously, if the Rams burn their pick on McFadden, this may be the first time fans storm a team's "war room" in NFL history.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

CBS Sportsine draft prospect/player profile, Darren McFadden: Compares to - Marshall Faulk ex St. Louis Rams...McFadden is a stronger runner than Faulk, but both are blessed with exceptional vision, using pitter-patter feet to get trough trash and the "home run" acceleration to separate from defenders past the line of scrimmage. He is an efficient receiver out of the backfield, running precise routes and could even be split wide.
    McFadden averaged about 15 catches a season, so I don't think there's much evidence to favor his route running ability. Marshall was a better receiver than many teams' number two guy. It's true that Faulk wasn't the biggest, strongest back, but when it came to being a threat in the passing game there is no comparison. Rather than pounding right through the line, he used good field vision to find holes. I'd say McFadden projects closer to an Adrian Peterson. Or maybe Jamal Lewis would be a better comparison because he not only had that combination of speed and strength but also serious off-field concerns. McFadden could have a very similar career even down to the jail time.

Bear in mind that McFadden had to have surgery on his toe because he hurt it kicking a guy in the street outside a night club. On another occasion, the police dragged him away from a club in handcuffs because he was trying to pick another fight. The tendency to brawl off on his off-time makes the multiple paternity suits with different women seem like only a minor distraction.
    Last edited by Goldenfleece; -04-20-2008 at 02:42 AM.

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Ever seen a grown man cry? if the rams draft McFadden you will see one.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    Ever seen a grown man cry? if the rams draft McFadden you will see one.
    Tears of joy are always welcome at this site! I feel your excitement!
    Last edited by dgr828; -04-20-2008 at 06:56 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Tears of joy are always welcome at this site! I feel your excitement!
    You're his agent right? Please tell me he is at least paying you.

I'm going to paint a picture for you:

We draft McFadden, we have him and Jackson in the backfield, along with the other teams entire D-line, they don't go anywhere. When our D is on the field the other teams QB stands there untouched for several minutes. The only time we get a sack is when he asks his coach to time how long it takes Hall to get to him.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    You're his agent right? Please tell me he is at least paying you.

I'm going to paint a picture for you:

We draft McFadden, we have him and Jackson in the backfield, along with the other teams entire D-line, they don't go anywhere. When our D is on the field the other teams QB stands there untouched for several minutes. The only time we get a sack is when he asks his coach to time how long it takes Hall to get to him.
    Even if our offense scores 49 points, if our defense is bad (which it is) we will lose anyways. If they put up 52 points, the other team still wins...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

McFadden is a stronger runner than Faulk
    That's an interesting take on McFadden. The biggest knock on McFadden is his tendency to crumble on contact. I would say "strength" as a runner is not on the McFadden resume.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RANDYRAM Guest

The Rams might or might not pick McFadden!
    Nobody knows what there going to do for sure?
    So in all honesty if they did!!
    I would LAUGH AT ALL OF YOU IF THEY DID!!

It's the Rams you never know what Scotty's might do!
    we gave away the only real FB we had last year!!
    The coach is a dofus sometimes!!
    SJ got almost 2500 yrs and Scotty's gets a bright idea
    we got this FB at 265lbs Hedgecock and a rookie BL @225lbs so we don't need a FB at 265lbs to block any more!
    Sorry I just don't get where this guy is coming from sometimes??
    Even Scotty can't screw this up to bad??? We pick @#2 for gods sake!!
    But you never know for sure????
    WHOEVER THE RAMS GET @ # 2 ILL WILL LIKE !! I THINK??

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I would LAUGH AT ALL OF YOU IF THEY DID!!
    But make sure to laugh at us IN ALL CAPS!!! That would really learn us a thing or two. We dofi (the plural of "dofus" I must assume) need to be kept in place.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12