Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: McNabb For A 2nd?

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    So your theory is that the Rams are not interested in Bradford, but are pretending to be, all so they can drive down the price of Donovan McNabb?

Please.

The Rams are clearly interested in Bradford, and they're not going to trade for McNabb and thereby make the decision TODAY that Bradford is not worth taking.
    We're interested in Bradford as a possible QB of the future. However, if we have concerns about whether or not he can contribute from Day 1, and/or the new owner has set something of a minimum win threshold that the team must reach or heads will roll, McNabb becomes the better option.

Indeed, I don't think we're bluffing at wanting Bradford in order to trade down, because trading down won't get us what we want. BUT...if we decide we do want McNabb, we need to make a move before our options are limited by a negative Pro Day outcome.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

these damn eagles qb trader rumors are actually starting to piss me off. Devaney repeatedly smacks down every trade rumor like this by saying NOTHING like this has been negotiated and another rumor of the same words darn near pops up a week later....give it a rest people..

turbofargo is offline Registered User

For what its worth from nfl's site:

"The identity of the two clubs specifically interested in McNabb remains a mystery, although the St. Louis Rams are apparently not one of them, due to the fact most league observers expect them to use the draft's top overall pick on Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford."

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    McNabb would not be a Ram past 2010 (he wants to sign with a Championship contender), and the Rams have just dumped at least one critical rebuilding pick. What do we do for weapons past 2010? What will we have for our rookie QB in 2011? This would set the rebuilding program back significantly.

seriously dude? A little too much DRAMA

A second round pick will set the Rams back significantly..... I doubt that. What would set them back significantly would be selecting a player #1 overall give him tons of guarantee money and he ends up being a bust... That would but trading the 2nd pick to acquire a proven QB who has several years left and maybe drafting a talented QB to groom for the future would not be a setback IMHO...

Go Rams

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

dude at this point if it means we take suh.. with the 1st then I say yes.. Other than JL I haven't seen a very good 2nd pick anyway.. . bring in Mcnabble's n bits and lets atleast get the defence respectable.. Just say no to Bradford damn it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

What is essentially a 1st round pick in what is widely considered the deepest draft class in a long time... for a 33 year-old QB... for a team who is a solid 2-3 years away from playoff contention....

SELL, SELL, SELL

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

Hell no.

Our last two second round picks have been awesome picks. Would anybody here give up Donnie Avery or James Laurinaitis in exchange for McNabb??? I think NOT!!!

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

From Brian Stull via Twitter...

"Report" out of New York is incorrect--or at least premature. Rams have not traded #33 pick to PHI for Donovan McNabb.
    about 1 hours ago via web
    Retweeted by 2 people
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Three
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

shower beers is offline Registered User

The Philadelphia Daily News reports the Eagles, indeed, have an offer on the table that could send Donovan McNabb to the Rams in exchange for the No. 33 overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft.
    Source: Philadelphia Daily News

i feel sick.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Here's the actual article...

McNabb to the Rams on the table
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010

ORLANDO -- Donovan McNabb could be in a Rams uniform by the end of the day, possibly by the end of the week.

The Eagles have an offer on the table that would give them St. Louis' second-round draft pick (33d overall) in exchange for McNabb. That deal, however, is "not yet completed," according to a league source.

McNabb would be willing to go to the Rams if he was given a contract extension, according to a source close to the situation. He would not be willing to play for Buffalo or Oakland, two moribund franchises that might be willing to take McNabb without an extension.

McNabb has publicly stated that he wants to remain with the Eagles and retire with the only organization he has played for. McNabb released a blog post earlier today after coach Andy Reid said for the first time publicly that the Eagles were entertaining offers for McNabb and their three quarterbacks.

"I was asked to respond to statements made at the NFL owners meetings that the Eagles would entertain offers to trade any of their three QBs," McNabb wrote. "Here is my response: My position hasn't changed. I've said all along that I would like to win a Super Bowl and finish my career in Philadelphia.

"I understand the situation well and just hope whichever direction the Eagles decide to go in, they do it quickly. I think that would be best for me, Kevin [Kolb], Michael [Vick], the Eagles, and any other teams involved. No matter what happens, I've already begun preparing to have an outstanding season in 2010."

A trade could happen quickly.

The Eagles had no comment. Owner Jeffrey Lurie, coach Andy Reid and general manager Howie Roseman returned back to Philadelphia today after this week's NFL owners' meetings. Team president Joe Banner is still here.

McNabb, meanwhile, hasn't spoken to Reid in months, according to one source. While Reid said that the Eagles were listening to offers for all three of their quarterbacks, McNabb is the most likely to be dealt and be dealt soon. He has spent most of the off-season at his home in Arizona.

Rams offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur was previously McNabb's quarterbacks coach with the Eagles. Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo was a defensive coach under Reid.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Three
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I'll believe it when I see it... and if I see it, I'll be surprised.

harrydog is offline Registered User

This is why I love the draft. So much speculation. So much drama. Having the first pick only intensifies it.

richtree is offline Registered User

The Philadelphia Daily News reports the Eagles, indeed, have an offer on the table that would send Donovan McNabb to the Rams in exchange for the No. 33 overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft.
    According to Eagles beat writer Jeff McLane, McNabb "could be in a Rams uniform by the end of the day, possibly by the end of the week." An NFL source says the deal is "not yet completed," but McNabb has OK'd the trade if St. Louis extends his contract. He is not willing to play in Buffalo or Oakland. Mar. 24 - 5:04 pm et

It would make sense to wait and see Bradford on first but I would not be mad if we get McNabb and Suh and a solid pick in the 3rd.

Lets see what actually happens.

harrydog is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it... and if I see it, I'll be surprised.
    I'll be surprised as well but really, it does kind of make sense. We get McNabb who would be a big upgrade at QB. Him, along with Suh would help us win more games as well as put more fans in the seats. McNabb is our QB for the next 2 to 3 years which gives us time to find his replacement next year.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by harrydog View Post
    I'll be surprised as well but really, it does kind of make sense. We get McNabb who would be a big upgrade at QB. Him, along with Suh would help us win more games as well as put more fans in the seats. McNabb is our QB for the next 2 to 3 years which gives us time to find his replacement next year.
    To me, the plan only makes sense if Spags and Devaney are worried about their short term job security. One could certainly argue that adding McNabb at QB and Suh to the DL would be the quickest way to turn this team around in 2010.

But where does that leave us in the long run? How many years does McNabb have left in the tank? Can the Rams put enough pieces around McNabb in the next 2-3 seasons to make any kind of a run? Do the Ram take another QB later in this draft (L.Brown, J.Skelton) to develop for the future?

If this trade is made, I'll be very surprised. I'd understand the thinking behind it, but I'll nonetheless be surprised (particularly given that Bradford has not even worked out yet).

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast