throwback week

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Re: McNabb For A 2nd?

Alright, for everyone hating on this trade, you are forgetting we have a chance to get a proven, Pro Bowl, top ten QB.

Now, I agree, this doesn't do anything for us in the long term, but I'm thinking McNabb has at least four or five more years left in the tank.

Four or five years, thats a long time, or at least for a young pup like me, I mean in four years I'll be out of college and in the real world.

Maybe DeSpags isn't as high on Bradford as I thought they were. Maybe his injury concerns and all of the spread offense mumbo jumbo is legit.

If thats the case, McNabb will give us a legimate shot at competing for the playoffs, while simultaneously buying time for a true franchise QB to come up.

Oh yeah, plus we get SUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

richtree is offline Registered User

Now reports say Philly is doing this to try to drive up McNabb's worth around the league.

Philly is in shambles.

McNabb will only be traded if a team can sign him.

There is only 8 teams that would have interest in McNabb and less for Vick.

Rams would probably be smarter to wait and see Bradford's pro day, but maybe they have already made some decisions.

After 3 horrible seasons, it is fun to be in the heart of the action.

Tiko377 Guest

they should just trade atogwe for mcnabb straight up.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I won't be surprised at all if this trade does in fact happen. As Av mentioned Devaney and Spags could be worried about their careers with the RAMS. Although I'm not for the quick fix and not so sure this is a quick fix. I can see this happening. The history between McNabb and Shurmur plus Feeley backing up McNabb in the past (while he was with the Eagles), makes it seem like the puzzle is coming together. Also as mentioned in another post in this thread. This would create the buzz the franchise needs to fill the seats at the dome.

McNabb and Suh.....When it's put that way I have to admit I like it.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Weasel View Post
    Why don't we just throw in S Jax and a few 1st round picks while we're at it?

Yeah, Nick, I TOTALLY see your point. Whoever started that rumor must be smoking some serious whack.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Brian Stull's latest (from Twitter):

I have again been told "nothing to it" regarding the McNabb-Rams rumors. less than a minute ago via web

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

I've watched this guy in Philly for the past ten years or so. Never seen so many bad passes at receivers feet or way over thier heads. Always figured as long as he is here the birds will never win the big one.... Please don't bring him to St Louis.... We don't need to go in that direction.... Rather take a chance on Kolb for our second pick instead...

thermobee is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyramsfan View Post
    I've watched this guy in Philly for the past ten years or so. Never seen so many bad passes at receivers feet or way over thier heads. Always figured as long as he is here the birds will never win the big one.... Please don't bring him to St Louis.... We don't need to go in that direction.... Rather take a chance on Kolb for our second pick instead...
    Yes I would be very happy with Kolb for #33, but McNabb i meant come on we are practically giving up a first rounder for him.

From Comcast Sports Network in Philly:

Eagles Fielding Offers for McNabb, Who Responds
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010
    Posted: 10:28 a.m. | Updated: 5:28 p.m.

By Andy SchwartzCSNPhilly.com
    The Donovan McNabb Derby has begun.

The Eagles are fielding offers for their six-time Pro Bowl quarterback, and the price tag appears hefty.

Attending the NFL owners meetings in Orlando, CSN’s Derrick Gunn was told by one league source that the Eagles want a first-round pick and a couple of other picks for McNabb. He believed the Eagles would not have to reduce their price because trade talk was beginning to heat up.

However, another league source told Gunn that the Eagles had reduced their price from a first-round pick and a third-round pick to just a third after failing to receive satisfactory offers.

But yet another league source said the Eagles have never asked for a definitive number of picks. They are currently weighing offers and deciding what to do next.

One of the sources also said that Buffalo and Oakland appear to be the leading candidates to acquire the 33-year-old McNabb, who wouldn’t be happy going to either team because neither is a contender.

Regardless, it appears everyone agrees on one thing: the Eagles’ quarterback situation will change before the season starts. One of the sources said that eight teams have inquired about one of their quarterbacks.

Regarding the rumor that McNabb was being dealt to St. Louis for the 33rd overall pick, all three of the aforementioned sources have denied that deal is done (as of the last update of this story).

Wednesday morning at the NFC media breakfast, head coach Andy Reid admitted that he is “listening” to offers and keeping his “ears open.”

Reid said the Eagles are in an “evaluation process” and said the depth chart remains the same as last season, with McNabb the No. 1, Kolb No. 2 and Vick No. 3. Reid also can see all three returning.

“I can see that happening. That's a pretty good situation for a coach,” he said.

As for McNabb, he maintains that he would like to remain in Philadelphia but hopes the situation is resolved soon.

"My position hasn't changed. I've said all along that I would like to win a Super Bowl and finish my career in Philadelphia," he blogged on Yardbarker.com

"I understand the situation well and just hope whichever direction the Eagles decide to go in, they do it quickly. I think that would be best for me, Kevin, Michael, the Eagles, and any other teams involved. No matter what happens, I've already begun preparing to have an outstanding season in 2010."

Looks more and more like this is just another overblown bogus internet rumor.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -03-24-2010 at 06:21 PM.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I would give no more than a 3rd and an above average player.

The only legitimate reason I see for us wanting to bring McNabb is is if our primary intention for McNabb is to tutor Bradford for a couple of years, while at the same time, winning more games due to McNabb's experience.

Other than that, I don't see why we would do it. It goes against our intentions.

Under that scenario, though, the Rams would be using their first two picks on QBs. I really don't think they can afford to do that (not to mention that it would mean the Rams would have the highest QB payroll on the planet).

jpb237 is offline Registered User

they just said on the philadelphia news that the Rams said they didn't make any offers for Mcnabb thank god I watch mcnabb because I live in the philly viewing area and He will never win a big game he is a choke quaterback remember him throwing up in the superbowl and in other big games he can't throw the ball to the receiver , he gets built up by the tv guys because he does good in the regular season

Quote Originally Posted by jpb237 View Post
    they just said on the philadelphia news that the Rams said they didn't make any offers for Mcnabb thank god I watch mcnabb because I live in the philly viewing area and He will never win a big game he is a choke quaterback remember him throwing up in the superbowl and in other big games he can't throw the ball to the receiver , he gets built up by the tv guys because he does good in the regular season
    And, in other news, the punctuation shortage in Pennsylvania continues.

Devaney on Philly trade rumors: “Absolutely false.”
    By Jim Thomas
    St. Louis Post-Dispatch

ORLANDO, Fla. _ St. Louis Rams general manager Billy Devaney said reports Wednesday by the Philadelphia media that St. Louis was offering its second-round pick and safety Oshiomogho Atogwe for Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb: “Absolutely false.”
    Devaney added: “It’s utterly ridiculous. I haven’t talked to Philadelphia about any of their players.”
    Another Rams source said of the Eagles, “They may have a trade offer, but not from us. Why would we trade for McNabb and then go watch Bradford throw on Monday?”
    Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford, whom the Rams are considering with the No. 1 overall pick in the draft, has his pro day on Monday.
    Atogwe currently cannot be traded since he’s not under contract. He was given the lowest possible tender as a restricted free agent, but has not signed that tender.
    Move along folks...

Nothing to see here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234