Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By mde8352gorams
  • 1 Post By HUbison
  • 1 Post By mde8352gorams

Thread: mcshay top 100 picks-draft tiers

general counsel is offline Registered User

mcshay top 100 picks-draft tiers

Hi guys. McShay posted his top 100 players in various tiers. I dont know how to link it or post it on this site, but one of our tech experts can do so as it makes interesting reading. If someone wants me to send them the list via pdf i can do that, just send me your email address as it requires espn insider access to see it.

Of note, he views tier one as five guys and tier 2 as two guys (blackmon and fletcher cox).

ramming speed to all

general counsel

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: mcshay top 100 picks-draft tiers

Of note, he views tier one as five guys
    I will assume Luck, RG3, Kalil, Richardson, & Claiborne?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

mde8352gorams is online now Registered User

Not to downplay your post, GC, but I find McShay enormously irritating because his agenda is to contrast to Kiper for media interest purposes. While I cannot identify exactly the incident, he's wrong about so many players prospects. While I like Kiper because he's created a cottage industry about the draft, he too goes for media play. As an advertising exec, I acknowledge that, that is their job. I just discount the credibility to some degree.

The only guys in my estimation who are worth hearing about the draft are Mike Mayock, Charlie Casserly and Mike Lombardi, ironically they are all on NFL Network. Guess what network I'll be tuned to?

Incidentally, as I've said before, it only matters what Blackmon does on the field. I think he'll do well for us.

Go Rams!
    THOLTFAN81 and ZiaRam like this.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

i`m split on my opinion of McShay. i think whilst he knows his stuff about how good players are in college i think he falls short when calculating teams needs and how prospects will perform in the pros.

as for this list,would have thought DeCastro would be in the second tier atleast. i guess that`s the lack of love for great OG prospects over other positions..

general counsel is offline Registered User

Bison, you are correct on the top 5 guys.

My point was not to endorse mcshay. I dont particularly like him. Its more a data point for people to look at to the extent that they are interested in how others think. Personally, i dont think any of these alleged experts know more than Nick or Av.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post

My point was not to endorse mcshay. I dont particularly like him. Its more a data point for people to look at to the extent that they are interested in how others think. Personally, i dont think any of these alleged experts know more than Nick or Av.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    ....with the exception of knowledge of hair care products. Kiper's coiffure doesn't just happen on its own.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

mde8352gorams is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    GC, I wasn't implying that you were endorsing of McShay and indeed Nick and AV are our resident draftniks! I find Casserly and Lombardi interesting to hear simply because they worked in their respective FO's and can shed light on the thinking process that goes on prior to and during the draft. Mayock is a real workaholic on these prospects by watching film and attending Pro Days that adds information not easily found elsewhere in an unbiased manner.

Well, we're inside of 2 weeks and the excitement is building. I must admit from what I've seen of our coaching staff and front office thus far, the talent evaluation should be world's better than what we've been seeing the past decade and more. But as always the proof will come in September with the actual games being played.

Go Rams!
    ZiaRam likes this.