Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mel Kiper

peramoure is offline Registered User

Mel Kiper

Mel Kiper was just on Mike and Mike and he mentioned twice the Rams should look hard at Mark Sanchez. What do you guys think? What about Freeman in the 2nd maybe?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Mel Kiper

Quote Originally Posted by peramoure View Post
    Mel Kiper was just on Mike and Mike and he mentioned twice the Rams should look hard at Mark Sanchez. What do you guys think?
    I think Kiper's hair oil has finally seaped into his gray matter.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

richtree is offline Registered User

if we can trade down then yes....

if we had 3 picks in the first 2 round that becomes a possiblity.

I think he fits our style but then we are getting a weaker linebacker or OT in the deal

but it seems like a trade is a good thing

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

maybe they should,but they should look at everyone but in the end I trust they will take an OT to help put together an offensive line that will dominate and not get dominated this season.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Draft "experts" are like my kids. They often have a hard time distinguishing between "wants" and "needs."

The Rams may want a guy like Sanchez on their roster (much like they might want guys like Crabtree, Maclin, Jenkins, Orakpo and Pettigrew).

They NEED a starting OT. They NEED a starting MLB.

That's why I seriously doubt they'll take Sanchez.

My bet: they'll take Tom Brandstater in Round 4, which will be called by many a "reach," but if he pans out will be a great pick.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

I think we should 'look hard' at him as well, in attempt to scare up a trade... (this assuming on my part that Stafford selected at #1 overall)

Having said that, Kiper's a moron

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

And there's just that eensy little problem of Bulger's money gathering dust on the bench if we did pick Sanchez.

Kiper's prognostications do just what they are supposed to; generate conversation/interest, albeit mostly negative, among the fans.

Let's face it, most of us could get about 20 of 32 right in the first round. The order might be wrong but the names would be there.Sanchez will probably be there but only self-aggrandizing pundits and the pathologically anti-Bulgerite crowd would have The Rams taking him at #2,imo.

The fact that Kiper's paid handsomely for this kind of no-brainer ( and I mean that more in the "idiot" sense, not "totally obvious") nonsense makes it even funnier when he's spectacularly wrong.

See Hasselbeck's comments about how Kiper called him a wasted pick when taken in the 6th round.

Little known fact: just as Alaskan Native Americans have dozens of words for snow, Kiper has 86 descriptives for how his hair looks. He should stick to his area of expertise.

San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

are we doing this possibly as a trade bait scenario?
    So teams will have to trade with us so we don't draft Their guy Sanchez

ManofGod is offline Registered User

He's been saying this for a while. We'll see if he knows whay he's talking about this time around.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I don't like Kiper!
    Everybody says Denver needs a QB. If the Rams Draft QB M. Sanchez at number two and wait for the phone calls, maybe Denver will call or somebody else.
    I would love to get both of Denver's #1's and maybe a 3 next year or the #12 pick and a 3rd round pick this year and there #1 next year.
    That will help Salary cap wise and still maybe pick up Oher or A. Smith. If the Rams receive both 1st rd picks this year from Denver that could possibly turn the Rams around.
    Maybe get Cushing OLB, Mathews OLB , P. Jerry DT , R. Ayers DE or Britten OT.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post
    Everybody says Denver needs a QB. If the Rams Draft QB M. Sanchez at number two and wait for the phone calls, maybe Denver will call or somebody else.
    I sincerely doubt they will. The Broncos would be very content sitting @ 12 and 18 and taking two quality players rather than trading away 3+ picks to get one guy.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

This guy is a moron. "Bulger's play has declined since he lost talent around him"

HELLO!?!?!? We still don't have talent around Bulger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Darn Nick!
    Can't you let me wish once! I want the Rams to win sooner. I know Devaney and Spags it's going to take awhile to rebuild the right way. The lines on out.

clarasDK is offline Registered User

I doubt the Broncos will trade up. They are so bad on D they really need the two picks this year.

I don't think we will take a QB this year, I think they will give Bulger and Boller a chance this year where we are in rebuilding mode.

An OT or Curry I just can't se anything else happen with our first pick.

A-Web is offline Registered User

My opinion on the subject and comments on the show are as follows;

1) The Rams SHOULD(!) be interested in Mark Sanchez, but for this reason...The more interest the Rams show in Mark Sanchez, the more a team who needs/wants him will potentially have to trade up to us for him. If Safford goes #1, and the Rams "Want" Sanchez, another team may have to really think about letting us take him. As the dropoff at the QB position stands this season, they would most likely have to make a jump if they were hoping to solve their immediate quarterback needs this season.

2) As for the Rams and a Quarterback this season, I actually Like Rhett Bomar. I think he might slide as far as the 6th round, and at that point, with his arm, (and as far as statistics and footage go) his decision making skills, I think he would make an excellent addition to the roster, and I think he will make an excellent career for himself.

I wouldn't call Rhett a "sleeper," because most people know he has the potential, but a few circumstances in his college career definitely put a large dent in his draft stock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast