turbofargo is offline Registered User

From Mel Kiper over at ESPN

"Nobody questions that the top need for the Rams is a quarterback. But unless St. Louis trades down -- an extremely difficult proposition on multiple levels -- it shouldn't take a quarterback with its first pick. Suh is maybe the most dominating defensive tackle I've seen in 32 years of doing this. He can be effective immediately for the Rams"

I'm not a fan of trading down, and think how many chances does a team get to have a player like this. Get Suh!!!!!! If need be can trade up for J. Lockler if the QB situation isn't solved with other pics or FA.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: From Mel Kiper over at ESPN

Suh is just too dominant. We can't pass up on his talent. He's going to rule the NFL one day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=turbofargo;328228]"Nobody questions that the top need for the Rams is a quarterback. But unless St. Louis trades down -- an extremely difficult proposition on multiple levels -- it shouldn't take a quarterback with its first pick. Suh is maybe the most dominating defensive tackle I've seen in 32 years of doing this. He can be effective immediately for the Rams"

How could we even think about taking Clausen when guys like Kiper are talking about the best DT in thirty years.....

sntlouisrams is offline Registered User

Suh all the way and either trade back into the 1st or let Bradford or Clausen slide

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

not 1 qqb here is worth taking over Suh and is we pass up on him.. i will be extremely disappointed and will quit watching football.
    Last edited by Nick; -01-20-2010 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Watch the language

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

this guy bashed us last year for taking smith over a qb when we needed one, so i guess it shows what he thinks of suh. too good to pass up, imo.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

This is how I see it.

Clausen and Bradford are both very good QB's in their own right. They could both very well be future Pro Bowlers.

But, Ndamukong Suh is just out of their league.

It is almost a proven fact that a franchise QB helps immensely with bringing a team to the playoffs/Superbowl. A superstar DT can't even do that.

But, this team is very short on talent, and we need to stock up on talent. And Ndamukong Suh is loaded, LOADED with talent and spilling with potential.

The Rammer is offline Registered User

First Pick - Suh
    33rd Pick - Spoon
    65th Pick - LeFevour

TheRammer Guest

We should not pass up on suh no way! Let's get a stop gap QB in FA that can manage the game and just stack up on talent in the draft! I dont' like debating this so far away from the draft but that just makes the most sense financially and long term for our franchise which is what FO will do...

Blankman17 is offline Registered User

Heck, Suh can catch passes better than some of St. Louis' receivers.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Suh is just too dominant. We can't pass up on his talent. He's going to rule the NFL one day.
    Yes he is weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

QB's with potential come out every draft. There hasn't ever been a DT like Suh in most of our lifetimes.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by md8 View Post
    QB's with potential come out every draft. There hasn't ever been a DT like Suh in most of our lifetimes.
    Well .. that's certainly a ringing endorsement for Suh. And it may prove to be true one day. However, he'll have to earn his kudos on the NFL field of play. Until he does, he's just another talented rookie. That said, I hope and pray that we don't mess around - he's ours if DeSpags want him, and if Spags learned anything from Andy Reid, it's that you build championship teams starting with the lines - both on O & D.

I really won't care who our QB is in 2010 if Billy and Spags can greatly improve our team in FA and the upcoming draft, and Suh is where they should start. An analogy comes to mind: When I was a kid and finally reached the age where my Dad thought it time I learned how to drive, he drove us far out into an abandoned beanfield. Having explained how to work the clutch and gearshift, he exited the car and I was on my own. My instructions were to complete a large circle and come to a stop, then repeat the process going through the gears each time, over and over again. Suffice it to say, that he made the right decision in getting out of the car, being wise enough to know that whatever he said, I'd still have to experience the challenges first hand and deal with them. Dad stood well out of harms way, arms folded across his chest and observed my efforts, no doubt sparing his nerves a good deal in the bargain. The one advantage I had, was that I was driving a late model car in perfect running condition with excellent brakes, a well tuned engine, new tires etc. Therefore I wasn't destracted with worries about mechanical failures which might have resulted in bodily harm, rather I was able to focus on the task at hand - a formidable task at the time. Clutch- gas- shifting - brakes - clutch in when braking to a halt - stuff we all can do in our sleep now, but tough for a rookie ...

Right now the vehicle that is our team, needs some new parts, a new and functional spare tire, and a big time tune up before we turn over the keys to a rookie ... IMO anyway ..

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Right now the vehicle that is our team, needs some new parts, a new and functional spare tire, and a big time tune up before we turn over the keys to a rookie ... IMO anyway ..
    That's a darn good analogy, one i would have to agree with as well. Im not concerned about the grind for the new franchise QB, there are plenty guys that could come in and do a serviceable job in the meantime. Guys here dont expect the team to be competitive this coming season, and yet, we're all trying to rush getting resources together. You want to rebuild a team RIGHT the first time. Not do it sloppy and risk years of set back

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I think we get a good offseason here, and then next year load up on offseason as well and we will be back in no time.